Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Yeah, my friend is pretty much a spammy bitch with that character, and that's his guarantee way of winning when he uses him. So much that I completely quit the match because he really doesn't deserve the win if that's all he's going to do (it's not online, so it's no harm to me).

It's kind of the opposite with me when I main Deadpool. Don't know why, but there is something more satisfying about getting close up and Shoryuken-ing someone in the face, and then proceeding to go with the team air combos as opposed to being cheap with the guns. Anyone with me on that? It may be good sportsmanship to some, but even then it's much fun than "have gun, will shoot; have gun, will shoot; have gun, will shoot!"

Also, my friend really HATES it when I play as Trish. :lol:

I gotta play you, as my friend ( Offline) can't play any capcom games to save his life...... he sucks. BUT MVC3 he beat me once cause of Dante and Deadpool spam. X-23 kicked his ASS my second go at him tho. But I'm still getting used to the combo system as I'm trying NOT to spam...... it's a little hard to not spam tho... cause everything flows. Since I don't have the game yet I try to go back to playing SSFIV and OMG!!!!! I almost cried. Street fighter is NOT a hard game for me... but it felt like I went from hold hand combos and forgiveable system to " YOU AINT SHORTCUTTING SHIT SON" going back to Street Fighter. Point of story.... we need to play next week. I'll provide good fights and won't spam. X-23 OWNS ALL!!!!!!

I finally got to play it for the first time at my friend's house yesterday. My god I was hooked. I just kept playing for hours and hours on end. I've set upon a team of Deadpool, Morrigan, and Haggar. My god I need this game. Shame I only have a Wii. Hopefully I can manage to find a job, scrap up some cash, and get a system (preferably PS3) and the game.

Also, it's kind of funny how Morrigan hits on just about everyone. I know, succubus and all, but it's rather funny to me.

Edited by GameFarnsworth940

I gotta play you, as my friend ( Offline) can't play any capcom games to save his life...... he sucks.

I don't have a PS3 tho, as much as I want one. So there's isn't really anyway for us to do that unless someone has some good ideas to get around that.

My friend is pretty good at the game, it's just that he doesn't play very "fairly" only when he has Deadpool left. But he doesn't know how to do his level 3 hyper combo, so that's a win by itself. Even more so when people figure out how it works and avoid activating it.

BUT MVC3 he beat me once cause of Dante and Deadpool spam. X-23 kicked his ASS my second go at him tho. But I'm still getting used to the combo system as I'm trying NOT to spam...... it's a little hard to not spam tho... cause everything flows.

It's actually pretty hard for me to spam, but then again, I usually prefer close combat as opposed to fighting from a distance.

Anyone else come into contact with projectile spammers? So far I've only gone up against two.

My friend with Chris Redfield. "EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD!" When he uses Chris and I'm beating him (at his own damn game at that B) ), he uses that tactic. When he didn't once, I got back at him as a joke... "HAVE GUN WILL S-HAVE GUN WILL S-HAVE GUN WILL S-HAVE GUN WILL S-HAVE GUN WILL SHOOT!". He hated it, and he got better with the whole Eat Lead thing.

In case if anyone asks, no, I am not normally a Deadpool spammer. Just that one time to get my point across.

Anyone else come into contact with projectile spammers? So far I've only gone up against two.

Projectile spammers, not so much as beam spammers and Chun-Li leg spammers. I still have issues with facing Sent, and his beams aren't even the best in the game.

I tend to always take Hsien-Ko out first in my matches and activate her Rimoukon immediately and tag her out so I can abuse the Senpu Bu assist to hell and back. Seriously, that is the most overpowered assist combination in the entire game, and you can keep on using it without anything getting in the way. While getting called an "Assist Tier" character isn't exactly the best honor a character could get, that assist combination is so insanely godlike I'd almost call that out on being the only time a single assist overshadows practically every other flaw a character may have. I'm glad I'm not seeing that many Hsien-Ko's online, cause I fucking fear that happening against myself.

The problem is if my opponent picks Sent, Magneto or Doom first I'm always subject to beam spamming and never get the chance. The startup is too slow. My team has issues getting in at times, Hsien-Ko in particular who's air-dash is nerfed as fuck. If a balance patch comes out I can only hope that they adress this.

Anyway I'm still rolling Spencer / Deadpool / Hsien-Ko. I've got down most BnB's and can do more extended combos with the two former. I'd say that any team I have I always guarantee putting Deadpool in. It's easy to play keepaway with him and zoning is very effective. But Hsien-Ko's speed still puts me in an iffy place about her. Spencer remedies much of his own lack of agility with the help of his arm but I'm not all that into Hsien-Ko's tricks yet, so I'm going to go into training and have a more solid look at her soon.

Edited by Carbo

My friend with Chris Redfield. "EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD! EAT LEAD!" When he uses Chris and I'm beating him (at his own damn game at that B) ), he uses that tactic.

AHHH! I hate that shit. It's just as bad as Deadpool's, if not worse considering he has more than one gun!

Pick super skrull, do meteor smash (dp) laugh as they get smashed by you over and over again whenever they try to spam.

It's kind of super fucking annoying when you go up against beam/projectile spammers, and most generally aren't that good at the game and usually fall apart when you get close.

also if all else fails you can just out spam them, I've taken to using sent along with wolverine and haggar, hitting people with sent's keep a way after a haggar rushdown fucks randoms online up.

I encountered someone using the dark pheonix stratergy earlier, it's such a cheap tactic, all what the dude did was crouch with the other two characters and block just about everything and let the combo meter increase, sure enough out once it hit level 5 he pretty much let's his other 2 characters die, out she comes and bobs your uncle a stupidly over powered character.

They keep blocking low? Hit that asshole with an overhead. They react to overheads? Throw that motherfucker. Just hold forward and press Heavy attack up close.

As you and other people mentioned you can snap Phoenix in and wreck her in one combo. The person you're fighting will likely rage quit.

Also, Chris keepaway is nowhere near as good as Deadpool keepaway. If you're having problems with Chris, you must get wrecked by every Deadpool and Arthur you fight. It's like Capcom had an idea they wanted Chris to be a keepaway character, but didn't know what the fuck to do with him to make him one while keeping a unique feel. He's just.. weird as hell and not that good. I love him tho'.

*obligatory bitching about level 3 X-Factor Arthur goes here*

Edited by Chooch

Chris is way more ground proficient than Deadpool and is really menacing at times due to incredible stun and chipdamage. There's alot more strategy involved in his keepaway due to multiple effect weapons and punching like a boss. It really comes down to preference.

gotta loves Chris' Flame thrower.

Jill in Action. I will probably pick her up since I mained her in MvC2, even though their movesets are completely different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VFeT5bbpfo&feature=player_embedded

Couldn't understand what she was saying towards the end of the video but that face... Dear God. :(

Those hypers are downright terrible. I'll give it the benefit of doubt and say that's due to the incompletion.

Just played a few more rounds of Hsien-Ko, if anyone ever bothers picking her up, I cannot stress enough to not keep her on point. Get her in through air combos and prioritize on your teammates instead. She's an incredibly valuable asset to a team and I love working with her, but she's still a bootstrap character and seemingly can't work alone with the tools she has right now.

Edited by Carbo

Oh shit...looks like Jill may be even deadlier than X-23.

I think I found a third person! :lol:

Couldn't understand what she was saying towards the end of the video but that face... Dear God. :(

"Now you can become one of us."

Anyway, I got the game, it's pretty fun, and I've been able to use the characters I was planning to quite well, however I want to get better before I go online, and want to work out a few kinks in my team synergy before I do. One of them I've been struggling with is which of Zero's assists to use. I'm kind of torn between Ryuenjin and Hadongeki. On the one hand, Ryuenjin does more damage, but Hadongeki is stronger if I have Sougenmu activated because it fires 2 projectiles instead of 1. I'm also not sure which would leave him more vunerable to attack, although I'd probably guess Ryuenjin. I haven't sound Shippuga to be that good of an assist, so I probably won't use that. If anyone has any input on this, it would be appreciated.

(Also if it helps with the choice, I use Jam Session with Dante and Trigger Happy with Deadpool.)

Assists should always be built around with what supports your team in mind.

Using Ryuenjin when you already have Jam Session and Trigger Happy seems redundant since both are already anti-air capable and perfect for corner pressure. Hadongeki helps for keepaways and could extend the range you've got going on with Dante and Deadpool already.

Deadpools ending is the best thing ever and thats all you need to know.

I only wish Capcom had the balls to make video endings because that would have been hilarious.

I dunno, I honestly believed that at first before I got the game but I don't think fully blown cutscenes would have captured the charm and fun of the comic stills. Sure I mean a few endings leave alot to be desired, mostly the villain endings, especially Phoenix's, but I'm pretty fine with them as is.

I dunno, I honestly believed that at first before I got the game but I don't think fully blown cutscenes would have captured the charm and fun of the comic stills. Sure I mean a few endings leave alot to be desired, mostly the villain endings, especially Phoenix's, but I'm pretty fine with them as is.

The game opens with an amazing video, you can then unlock the other videos they look amazing. Yet it finishes with still pictures... Why the step back? They could have looked fantastic, the still pics in my opinion just look so dated. Tekkens been doing video endings for years, and it's not like Capcom has never done video before, so why the drastic step back?

Also... I just faced the player ranked number 1 on the PS3 leaderboards, I managed to take out... DOG!... but he's quite good with Ryu and Wesker doing air combos... Oh well... at least I got my 1st lord trophy HOORAY!.