Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Taskmaster pendles back and forth between comics as a supervillain of sorts, you'll mostly find him in Deadpool and Moon Knight stuff.

Personally I much preffer his appearances in the former because their relationship almost boredlines vitriolic friendship at times and he's even allied with Deadpool in the past, much to his dismay.

Taskmaster pendles back and forth between comics as a supervillain of sorts, you'll mostly find him in Deadpool and Moon Knight stuff.

Personally I much preffer his appearances in the former because their relationship almost boredlines vitriolic friendship at times and he's even allied with Deadpool in the past, much to his dismay.

So he's a Deadpool supervillian character?

GLORIOUS.

So after getting to know this game I've come to the point where I have to really start settling on a proper team.

Right now I have my heart set on Spidey as Point character and most of the time Deadpool for his OTG assist and general keepaway. My main strategy is to shoot web balls while web zipping around the stage trying to get in on my opponent. None of the characters that I know how to use have any assist that can really help me get in so I make due with Spidey's mobility to stay out of the opponents range until I can find an opening.

Doing some messing around I've came up with:

Spidey/Deadpool/Dante: Spidey on point with web ball, Dante as a GTFO assist and Deadpool for his OTG. If I switch out of Spidey, his web balls will normally cover any advance and help with Deadpool's keepaway (though not as effectively as I'd imagine it can be). Dante is kinda a throw in character who does whatever.

Spidey/Deadpool/Dante V2: This one switchs the assists up a bit, mainly Deadpool having Quick Work and Dante with Crystal for the OTG. This one kinda gives Spidey a little more freedom since Deadpool's assist gives him low coverage, and coupled with a quick air dash into an air attack can create an unblockable (so I'd imagine) and is in general useful more often than Katana-Rama. Dante has better use by providing me with OTGs. Haven't actually tried this one out yet but it sounds solid enough.

Spidey/Deadpool/Haggar: A variant. I feel much more comfortable controlling Haggar than Dante, and his Double Lariat makes a great GTFO assist compared to Jam Session. Also the extra power and health really helps get my team out of tight situations, since Haggar can sit back and spam the pipe while throwing web balls which gives him a free combo if it connects.

Other characters I want to play with are Zero, Taskmaster, Spencer and Amaterasu, but don't really know how to implement them into a team or how to play properly (Ammy).

Some advice would be nice.

After playing this for a while, I dunno. It's a fun game but I miss the relaxness of Street fighter and the old MVC2. It's just WAY to easy to lose in this game. Still training so who knows.

It is too easy to lose. One mistimed attack and assist can lead to two dead characters even against an incompetent player who just mashes and burns meter whenever they have it.

I can't tell you how many times I've had a character get blown up because I got hit with a fucking beam hyper from full screen away while back dashing or while inputting a special move. I'm never playing ranked again for this reason. Too many incompetent players that I lose to due to input latency and other nonsense. It gets kind of redundant fighting shitty Ryus, Zeros and Sentinels for two hours straight.

Did I say Zero? Fuck Zero. He is everywhere. I literally can not get away from that asshole.

Also, are any people online who use Phoenix and actually know how to use her? I've seen one person who didn't mash. ONE.

Edited by Chooch

I've only met one Phoenix online, that was last day. That guy's team was pretty solid.

I do ranked pretty frequently although that's mostly cause I have confidence issues about being in lobbies. I'm having a good time using the Hsien-Ko Hyper Armor Pendulum assists against any spammers nowadays, mostly Sentinel who I almost have fun facing now.

The only input issues I have online is with backwards dragon punches. Other than that I'm fine.

After a few more matches in MVC3 I went back to SSFIV and then to the Zero series. Yeah, the one and only problems I have with this game is the lack of real punch and kick buttons. It's way to odd to have anything be a punch or kick, if fucks with the QCF motion in these games. The second would be how they set it up. I guess since fighting games are not the "party" game like any FPS now days Capcom had to easy it up. SSFIV went this route too by putting in shortcuts for moves so people could mash that shit out. MVC3 is WAY easier to get into, combos are easy to do, because it's down down. If you were to try to do that on any of the SF's before IV you would not win. ( mashing ) Hell the other VS games were more on doing things the correct way then allowing mashing to beat out people who know what they are doing. Not saying great players DON'T win, it's just a now even people who NEVER touch a fighting can do flashy moves that would take months to do in any other capcom game.

Maybe thats my issue overall, I'm taking this WAY to seriously, but then again I pride myself on my skill and being able to punish people who think mashing is gonna win. I dunno, I'm old school... I like actually performing my combos instead of the game doing it for me. But I still love the game, it's just I can never take it seriously. :c

• Thumbs Up 1

It is too easy to lose. One mistimed attack and assist can lead to two dead characters even against an incompetent player who just mashes and burns meter whenever they have it.

I can't tell you how many times I've had a character get blown up because I got hit with a fucking beam hyper from full screen away while back dashing or while inputting a special move. I'm never playing ranked again for this reason. Too many incompetent players that I lose to due to input latency and other nonsense. It gets kind of redundant fighting shitty Ryus, Zeros and Sentinels for two hours straight.

Did I say Zero? Fuck Zero. He is everywhere. I literally can not get away from that asshole.

Also, are any people online who use Phoenix and actually know how to use her? I've seen one person who didn't mash. ONE.

I play ranked and player matches all the time and I never run into Zeros. It's mostly Sent. Dante or Deadpool. You may just have a high string of bad luck (or coincidence or w/e) lol.

Also, I've been working on my Chris and I got that combo you do down now (Air combo to air magnum to *insert any other combo*) It's a nice little combo.

Who the fuck wrote that line for Spencer?

• Thumbs Up 2

Spencer confirmed for Epic Tier.

Hell, watching that match has made me wanna go pick up Spencer again and work on him some more.

Edited by Black Spy

Holy shit. That was fucking epic XD

I can't believe that there are people that react like this at online matches.

Y U NO WII VERSION. I don't care if it has stripped graphics D:

Edited by Nathan Evo 2.0 (Blue Wisp)

Is it just my imagination or lately is Spencer really turning into one hell of a character? That Bionic arm hyper combo seems to be very effective in cancelling out a lot of other hyper combos and the normal move is pretty good at taking down most apponents.

Edit: Was anyone else rather shocked at how large the dude playing as Sentinel was?

Y U NO WII VERSION. I don't care if it has stripped graphics D:

Yeah, playing a beat-em-up with a wiimote. That sounds like a good idea!

Actually, jokes aside, that probably is the reason, looking at a Wii version from a sales perspective, you would be relying of people buying both the game and the other controller.

Edited by Hogfather

howcanilose.jpg

I think that replaced the ken vs chun li come back waay back in 2004. I mean Damn all you gotta say is BIONIC ARM!!! And the match ends haha.

Edited by Ultimate X360

Is it just my imagination or lately is Spencer really turning into one hell of a character?

I always thought he was good.

Don't know about anyone else, but yeah. I always thought so.

Edited by Chooch

Yeah, playing a beat-em-up with a wiimote. That sounds like a good idea!

Actually, jokes aside, that probably is the reason, looking at a Wii version from a sales perspective, you would be relying of people buying both the game and the other controller.

>> tatsunoko.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Your point? That game played like shit on anything but a Classic Controller or an arcade stick.

Some might say it was fine on a GameCube pad, but I fucking hate that thing, so I still say only those two.

Edited by Chooch

Your point? That game played like shit on anything but a Classic Controller or an arcade stick.

Some might say it was fine on a GameCube pad, but I fucking hate that thing, so I still say only those two.

The Gamecube controller was one of the best controls if you ask me, although if you use the Dpad and have big fingers I can understand the hate lol

So, I just got this game yesterday! I'm having a blast. Current teams are M.O.D.O.K./Super-Skrull/Doctor Doom and Lei-Lei/Morrigan/Felicia. I've yet to try out all the characters, but it's nice to see there's a lot of variety in the roster from what I've seen. Kinda disappointed that the only story to this game aside from the arcade endings happened to be in that comic book tie in that I decided against obtaining by not buying special edition.

That, and they really messed things up when it came to assigning the Capcom crew members' Power Grids. Last time I checked, Tron Bonne wasn't omniscient. =P

Edited by HunterTMLPFIMF