Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

I meant MvC2

Well, I smell a future alternative DLC costume of STARS Jill now that you mention it (Like they are going to do with Chris)

Well, I smell a future alternative DLC costume of STARS Jill now that you mention it (Like they are going to do with Chris)

I could care less for alternative costumes.. I just want Jill to have the same moveset... but now that we've seen this video that ain't happening :(

A friend bought this over and so I tried it a bit. Good lord I'm terrible. I've only barely gotten past the button mashing phase. I know how to use any special move or hyper combo though, and I keep forgetting about X Factor.

Deadpool is best character, period. Nothing like moonwalking away from someone's hyper combo. I'm still trying out people, but my main team looks like it's gonna be X-23, Viewtiful Joe, and Deadpool. Joe's not all that great, but holy hell I love him anyway. Probably cause I'm a big fan of the series and played the hell out of all the games. His voice acting is HORRIBLE though. If they couldn't get Dee Bradley Baker, why didn't they get the guy from the cartoon, or hell reuse sound clips from the other three games? The cartoon VA is infinitely more tolerable than the guy they got here.

Speaking of voices, holy frag Morrigan! I did NOT expect her to sound like that! :o

At least Viewtiful Joe's voice isn't complete crap... I personally feel as though his voice actor isn't bad... we could easily have a lot worse. I say be grateful we didn't get voice acting that sounds like it came from a poorly dubbed Hentai or something <.< Worse comes to worse change his VA to Japanese

Deadpool does have his moments I will admit. But it runs dry after awhile if you ask me. He is a good character though. I haven't heard him say "I hear bullets taste just like chicken," yet... has anyone else?

Also... I know fighters don't have the best story.... but besides Wesker and Doom plotting together... the ending of the game and the Episodic trailers make no sense towards this. Why would they call on Galactus? How are you going to rule a world he's trying to consume? If Wesker was working with Dr. Doom, Doom was working with Magneto, why did Magneto steal the vile of zombie juice from Wesker in such a manner?

Like I said, I know fighters don't have the best stories, especially Street Fighter/Anything Capcom really... but come on, this shit makes no sense. Still a hella of a good game though

Deadpool does have his moments I will admit. But it runs dry after awhile if you ask me. He is a good character though. I haven't heard him say "I hear bullets taste just like chicken," yet... has anyone else?

Deadpool's lines were altered due to excessive clipping. They aren't in the game.

Joe's not all that great, but holy hell I love him anyway. Probably cause I'm a big fan of the series and played the hell out of all the games. His voice acting is HORRIBLE though. If they couldn't get Dee Bradley Baker, why didn't they get the guy from the cartoon, or hell reuse sound clips from the other three games? The cartoon VA is infinitely more tolerable than the guy they got here.

Joe is this game's Anti-Sentinel. His overheads are godlike, he's got tripple jumping/double air-dashing, he can get underneath practically most beams and his Viewtiful God Hand not only slows the opponent down, it also doubles hitstun. There's a good deal of high priority in most of his moves and the Mach Speed hyper has an invincible startup. He's alot better than people give him credit for.

Dee Bradley Baker is so prominent right now in the VA industry that he's incredibly expensive to hire for VA works. I don't think I'd put it past Capcom to spare budget.

Also... I know fighters don't have the best story.... but besides Wesker and Doom plotting together... the ending of the game and the Episodic trailers make no sense towards this. Why would they call on Galactus? How are you going to rule a world he's trying to consume? If Wesker was working with Dr. Doom, Doom was working with Magneto, why did Magneto steal the vile of zombie juice from Wesker in such a manner?

Edited by Hogfather

The comic that came with the CE is like literally 5 pages that don't explain much. However Doom and Wesker video chat over skype apparently :P

No. He's not.

Yes. He is. Or at least the closest you will actually get to it.

Building strategy around beating Sent is really easy with Joe. Next to Dormammu he's your go-to guy. His small figure always gets in your face, his multiple jumps get past most things, Voomerang and Shocking Pink are obnoxiously good for traps, Mach Speed has 32 invincibility frames on startup and eats through everything, and the minute you get a Slow on a Sent you've practically made him sign a death contract.

Joe is so massively improved since TvC you have no idea.

Edited by Carbo

Btw did anyone find Crimson Viper to be very Captian Commando-ish? I mean they're not exactly the same but their similarities is pretty much why I like using C. Viper so much =o

Btw did anyone find Crimson Viper to be very Captian Commando-ish? I mean they're not exactly the same but their similarities is pretty much why I like using C. Viper so much =o

Edited by LunarEdge

C-Viper... and bare in mind the last street fighter game I've played was EX+ Alpha... reminded me a lot of guile for some reason.

Yes. He is.

Shit range on normals

Low priority projectile

Low health

Poor damage output

Can't OTG combo without assists

No teleports whatsoever

No. He's not. I don't care what you say about what happens after you hit Viewtiful God Hand because before you can do shit after Viewtiful God Hand you have to hit Sentinel with it first. That requires 1) Joe getting in on Sentinel 2) Joe hit-confirming into Viewtiful God Hand and 3) Joe not dying in the process. Mach Speed has invincibility on start-up! Yes, I knew this.

Does that make Joe an anti-Sentinel pick? No. Is the match-up impossible to win with Joe? Of course not, but it's hard as hell if you're playing anyone competent. Granted, doesn't matter too much if the person is competent. It's Sentinel.

Joe is so massively improved since TvC you have no idea.

Oh that's definitely true. It's not like I haven't been primarily using Joe since his debut in the Japanese version of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom; long before Ultimate All-Stars came out and haven't been rigorously practicing with him since I first got my hands on Marvel 3 at least three days before the official release.

I probably sound obnoxious as fuck right now, but I think I know Viewtiful Joe relatively well so I find your claims hilariously absurd.

Shit range on normals

Low priority projectile

Low health

Poor damage output

Can't OTG combo without assists

No teleports whatsoever

Closing in on Sentinel is largely a moot point with Mach Speed since again it eats through everything. Get in with that, launch him and air combo to switch out to a character to follow up with OTG combos, such as Deadpool, Wesker or Magneto. Alternatively it's relatively easy cutting short combos to go into Viewtiful God Hand. Getting in is no problem, and his low health and low damage output are practically overshadowed by it. Next to Dormammu I'd be hard pressed to find a better counterpick towards a Sent. He can pretty much stop most things he does given just one meter. When I speak "anti", I speak him being incredibly easy to stop most of anything that's in his tracks since he has the tools enough to do so. Shocking Pink and Voomerang are easy to get into him due to his massive hitbox. Sentinel isn't all that good at hand to hand combat to begin with either, damage output aside. Add triple jumping with double air dashing and crouching slide you have a character that has a bunch of options of getting in.

Of course he's not perfect but getting in with him on a Sent I found way more easier than anyone else. Most Joe players are pretty aware that an OTG assist is practically required for any aspiring Joe player. But that aside his damage problems are overshadowed by his ability to get into anything. It's not like the right choices are going to come swinging at you. If I'm having a team to counterpick Sent, Joe would definitely go on that team.

But hey that's just me y'know!

I probably sound obnoxious as fuck right now, but I think I know Viewtiful Joe relatively well so I find your claims hilariously absurd.

Sorry for finding viable strategies????

Edited by Carbo

Well, Hsien-Ko and Deadpool's teleports would largely hamper that due to Hsien's dash being short-ranged, and Deadpool has teleport malfunctions.

Akuma and Wesker are definitely effective. Although if I'd have to pick between them I'd go with Wesker since he's got more OTG's.

So if I'd honestly just go with one "Anti-Sent Team" it'd be Dormammu (Black Hole) > Wesker (Samurai Edge) > Viewtiful Joe (Shocking Pink). It's really not something you can keep up individually long enough if you're against a good Sent player.

So then, anyone else noticed a sharp rise in the numbers of people playing as Akuma? I picked him for one online game as an experiment, not too familiar with his moves but it was quite a good result for a test.

I win the fight, mainly down to Dante, but when I brought out Akuma I was quite impressed.

I've lost count of how many times X-Factor Dante has saved my arse. So many possible combinations makes for some pretty killer finishes.

Edited by Jaymeister

Well, Hsien-Ko and Deadpool's teleports would largely hamper that due to Hsien's dash being short-ranged, and Deadpool has teleport malfunctions.

Akuma and Wesker are definitely effective. Although if I'd have to pick between them I'd go with Wesker since he's got more OTG's.

So if I'd honestly just go with one "Anti-Sent Team" it'd be Dormammu (Black Hole) > Wesker (Samurai Edge) > Viewtiful Joe (Shocking Pink). It's really not something you can keep up individually long enough if you're against a good Sent player.

all you have to do is catch the sent in 2 decent combos and he's gone. Once you're in his face with someone quick he's fucking OUTTA THERE

So then, anyone else noticed a sharp rise in the numbers of people playing as Akuma? I picked him for one online game as an experiment, not too familiar with his moves but it was quite a good result for a test.
Yeah, I've seen this too. It think it's because of that akuma infinite combo that just came out, bunch of people who aren't very good are thinking they can lay down some infinites.

I expect the characters used online to fluctuate wildly as people find out more about the game.

I've lost count of how many times X-Factor Dante has saved my arse. So many possible combinations makes for some pretty killer finishes.
Dante looks awesome, but I always get lost playing him. So many moves!!

Sentinel isn't all that good at hand to hand combat to begin with either, damage output aside.

Are you forgetting he has super armor on his normals? Normals that have at least three times more range than Joe's?

But hey that's just me y'know!

Oh, I know. Trust me.

Sorry for finding viable strategies????

You have no idea how hard this made me laugh.

On another note:

completeglobalsaturatio.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Dante looks awesome, but I always get lost playing him. So many moves!!

If I'm honest, I resort to button-mashing a lot with Dante, as he is one of the best characters for it. Despite this game being my first proper fighter, I still feel a little guilty when I win.

Edited by Jaymeister

I think we can all agree that getting by Sentinel is pretty easy in 3, no matter which character. I played a number of Sentinel players and got through the spam and etc. with relative ease. Man I'm loving Taskmaster right now