Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

From what i've seen, there's plenty of ways to get around a spamming arthur. Like Super Jump when he throws the projectiles since it seems as though he can only have so many on screen at a time. Fake a super jump into a dash to confuse him. Spam an projectile assist.

I swear, I really want to get this game, but I really don't think I'll have enough money to buy it. D: I have lots of games and other things to get as it is.

Also, I would totally use Joe against Ammy just cause I can. In fact, I'll probably try out every match-up I can think of, if I can get the game.

Gamereactor Sweden: 8/10

Pros:

• Extraordinary flow
  • 36 characters to choose from
  • Precise controls
  • Great music

Cons:

• Unbalanced
    • Lacking in real finesse
    • The specific character complaints they had in mind were Magneto and Iron Man ironically.

To put things into perspective, these guys gave Super Street Fighter IV a 10/10.

Edited by Carbo

Gamereactor Sweden: 8/10

Pros:

• Extraordinary flow
  • 36 characters to choose from
  • Precise controls
  • Great music

Cons:

• Unbalanced
    • Lacking in real finesse

The specific character complaints they had in mind were Magneto and Iron Man ironically.

To put things into perspective, these guys gave Super Street Fighter IV a 10/10.

Is that good or bad?

Well an 8/10 is a great score, isn't it?

In fact it's gotten 8's all across the board.

Review roundup;

OXM: 90/100

"The magic of the game is in its approachability... For both hardcore fighting fans and genre newbies, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 offers a whole lotta bang for your buck."

Eurogamer: 8/10

"Far more welcoming to button-mashers than Street Fighter IV, this is a game in which you can tap stuff and watch sparkly miracles happen. But to begin to understand and master its systems will take just as much practice as it did in Ono's game – and quicker reactions to boot."

Metro GameCentral: 8/10

"It may not be the deepest of fighters but it is one of the most entertaining and imaginative, not to mention bug-eyed crazy."

X360 Magazine UK: 8/10

"The perfect antidote to Street Fighter's seemingly endless difficulty curve, offering tactical play by the bucketload without that prohibitive dexterity."

games™: 8/10

"While not the most technical or complex fighter on the market, it's certainly among the most enjoyable."

I don't think anyone expected this game to be as deep as SSFIV, but it's varied and complex enough to warrant at least as much of a good time it seems.

Edited by Carbo

From what i've seen

But I've played against him. Several times. There is a difference.

Super Jump when he throws the projectiles

[A] smart Arthur will just follow you up there and throw more shit for you to block or use an anti air assist?

Have fun super jumping while he's in super armor mode. Buffed crossbows track you wherever you are and do a fucking ton of chip.

Fake a super jump into a dash to confuse him.

..What? I don't even understand what you mean. How do you fake a super jump into a dash?

Spam an projectile assist.

And risk Arthur's projectiles eating your assist and/or punishing it with bracelet super, potentially killing them? Don't know about that.

Hsien-Ko and Dormammu are definitely a viable counters to Arthur's keepaway, and so is Deadpool (since his keepaway is faster), but it's still not suddenly easy after picking those characters. Flight works too, but even then there's still super armor Arthur with his homing crossbow arrows of death. That motherfucker's good. Really good. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Jesus, she's just broken.

Man haven't heard that one before. This is kind of what I'm getting at though.

The second player pretty much sucks at blocking, regardless of the chip damage. Still honestly insofar I see people listing too many advantegous pros for different characters they quickly rack up that no cons are ever looked over, Phoenix having the most glaring one of pathetic health. We haven't even gotten proper matchup analyzations. It's too early to call out broken on any of the characters, even Sentinel. During the first years of MvC2 people always considered Blackheart incredibly OP because no one knew what the fuck to do against him. Most people thought Sentinel was shit because they didnt know how to use him. All the pros are having trouble adapting to it after spending YEARS perfecting one game and this is pretty much a tourneyplayer's biggest nightmare, although insofar the only one bitching about it has been J. Wong. Marn is a pretty good sport about it.

Oh yeah I should post this;

This guy is, from what I'm aware of, the same guy that made Wong crawl back into his corner. This video shows him taking on Marn, and he's absolutely devastating.

We have some incredibly intensive development to look forward to over the months and it's just going to get even more hectic from here.

Edited by Carbo

Some people have said that just about all the characters can do that if you get them up to that level of hyper combo attack bar and do... urm... whatever it is they do.

But either way, that was a lot of health that character took off Wesker in a very short period of time... hmmm...

Lolno. She has the lowest health of any character, and Dark Phoenix doesn't activate unless she has max hyper and loses all her health. To put it in perspective,

Not to mention that scenario in the vid was the best possible scenario for Phoenix, as she got the most powerful boost from X-factor being the last one on the team. Plus a well placed combo can still put Dark Phoenix out of commission.

It's just me or Deadpool has a move where he says "Shoryuken"?

Epic win if he says that.

Yes. It's his launcher.

And yeah, Phoenix has the lowest health out of all characters, which is about HALF of Arthur's health, which is the second lowest. I don't think she's going to be cheap or anything.

I am a little worried, however, that pretty much everyone who plays her is only going to try and use her as a trump card and not really try anything else.

Lolno. She has the lowest health of any character, and Dark Phoenix doesn't activate unless she has max hyper and loses all her health. To put it in perspective,

Not to mention that scenario in the vid was the best possible scenario for Phoenix, as she got the most powerful boost from X-factor being the last one on the team. Plus a well placed combo can still put Dark Phoenix out of commission.

:blink: Really? Uh I'd like to take this time to say I had no idea what the hell I was talking about when I called Phoenix broken.

Edited by Balding Spider

A friend of my utterly HATES this game because he thinks Felicia is completely and utterly broken. I'm kinda sceptical about this claim.

New trailer, it shows new costumes at the end which likely will be upcoming DLC. Includes S.T.A.R.S. Chris, American Flag Iron Man, and more.

..What? I don't even understand what you mean. How do you fake a super jump into a dash?

Edited by LunarEdge

There be rumors that Jill and Shuma-Gorath have placeholders on the disk as well as Frank West and Elektra, and that the character select screen has a cap of 46 slots for characters. Hopefully more word if this is true or not shortly.

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

New trailer, it shows new costumes at the end which likely will be upcoming DLC. Includes S.T.A.R.S. Chris, American Flag Iron Man, and more.

From Arthur's bio

"though he looks like an old man, he's really only 28 years old"

28 years old? Oh well, I understand that facing demons after demons is probably stressful, but this is just ridiculous.

A friend of my utterly HATES this game because he thinks Felicia is completely and utterly broken. I'm kinda sceptical about this claim.

Yeah.... your friend doesn't know what he's talking about, rofl.

Yeah, I just tried her out yesterday, and she seems pretty fine to me.

Then again, the game is pretty easy to get into from the way I see it, so...eh.

How easy is it? I know it from reading reviews and claims that it's easier ( MUCH ) easier for anyone to pull off the combos and such. But for those who have it, how does it stack up. Is it clearly something you can mash on ( God I hope not ) Or is it something that still takes skill to play effectively? I only ask this cause... I wanna know, that and I'm not sure how the button system truly works.

Edited by lamontraccoon

Also, can anyone answer this question for me? How come when I air combo, I execute them no problem but I always do the air combo > switch character > air combo > switch > combo to slam on the ground? I can't seem to do an air combo with one character and finish it with the slam it always switches for me. Any reason why?

Because you're pressing a direction and jumping S instead of neutral jumping S.

The game is easy as hell to pick up and play, lamonraccoon. Probably the easiest fighter ever (not counting Smash Bros.). Until you really get a grasp of how to play you really will lose to mashing and random shit. It does have quite a bit of depth to it tho'. It's not like it's completely brain-dead.

Edited by Chooch