Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

- travel on elevated paths in certain areas

- one-stop-shop section featuring PokeMart, Pokemon Center and Global Terminal in a single building

- dynamic camera angles during battle

- realistic shadows

- "As you can tell from the screenshots, Pokemon Black/White's adventure takes place in an area different in nature from before. The new story that unfolds in this place, along with the never-seen-before Pokemon you'll encounter, will allow both old fans and people who haven't played the other games to enjoy the experience without preconceptions." - Pokemon company rep

Yeah, I know it's in that 1up link, but still.

While lurking on the internet (mainly Serebii forums) I saw this in someones link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHO8f9OgAY

Now its true that we dont have actual artwork for the female character but looking at the sprite and then that artwork made me think. Thought i'd share this with ya'll. (Also the music the person used is freaking epic.)

Man I need a life.

The music is indeed EPIC! I wonder if it's official or fan-made or a remix of an older one. Battling in-game with friends or random trainers/gym leaders to this music would be so boss.

Edit:

Turns out it is fan-made, apparently this guy on youtube "composes" his own music. Apparently it is remixed by I don't know 100%. Still good though.

Edited by Lunar

Cool track. I couldn't stand to listen to it over and over though. The DPP wild battle music was just about tolerable. Now all the battle music from HgSs on the other hand... now that it audio sex.

The music is indeed EPIC! I wonder if it's official or fan-made or a remix of an older one. Battling in-game with friends or random trainers/gym leaders to this music would be so boss.

Edit:

Turns out it is fan-made, apparently this guy on youtube "composes" his own music. Apparently it is remixed by I don't know 100%. Still good though.

Huh cool. Even though its fan remix( so they say) I love it. Especially music that starts at 0:44.

Also the site updated. Just screenshots from the CoroCoro issue.

Edited by Torcano

Anyone else notice the hover chair looking thing in that bridge screenshot?

And the male characters hat isn't backwards.

Edited by Torcano

Anyone else notice the hover chair looking thing in that bridge screenshot?

Yeah, I think it might be a new kind of biker-like trainer.

I hope we don't have to ride a car or something though, I'd much rather have a hoverscooter or something. A car would be way too heavyweight for light travel, wouldn't go much faster than a bike, and would hardly be allowed anywhere. Basically completely unpractical.

First official screenshots

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=16602

Some you''ll recognise from CoroCoro though, I think 2 of them are new but if not at least these are hi-res.

Yeah, nothing new there. The screenshots are better quality but still not what I was hoping for.

I hope we don't have to ride a car or something though, I'd much rather have a hoverscooter or something. A car would be way too heavyweight for light travel, wouldn't go much faster than a bike, and would hardly be allowed anywhere. Basically completely unpractical.

Here, a perfect opportunity to take advantage of something the console games did right. Wes' stupid XTREEM motorcycle was really dorky, but I'd love to see the return of something like Michael's epic moped from XD. Was there ever a more appropriate motor vehicle for the franchise?

...I'm liking the clearer screenshots. Maybe it's my crappy eyes, but I can see a lot more detail in the overworld sprites than I could in the blurrier shots, and I like what I see. Also, the heavy pixellization on Zoroark in that battle scene lends a little more credence to the "multiple camera angles" thing; I'm guessing that it'll look pretty cool in motion.

Wes' XTREEM Cycle was epic. It destroys logic by only having one wheel. And freaking huge engine.

But I wouldn't mind something akin to Michaels scooter. Maybe the hover scooter model?

Edited by Torcano

The official site updated a few hours ago with the details of the Legendary Beast events that we noted on Monday. However, in addition to this, the official site indicates that the Legendary Beasts hold a secret other than the details given. This indicates that the three Pokémon will unlock something. As we've searched through HeartGold & SoulSilver and found nothing, it seems likely that they will unlock something in Black & White. However, this remains to be seen. We'll post more details as and when we get them

So dem Shiny Legendary Beasts might unlock something neato in Black & White? Man they love to plan ahead... D:

I hope we get those events too...

I swear these guys must have had a fan base epiphany, I'm largely impressed with the Pokemon Company as of late. The amount of fan-service and side work they're doing is truly something memorable. They're working incredibly hard for us.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shiny Legendary Beast's Unlock Something in Black & White:

Serebii

As we reported on Thursday, the Legendary Beasts to be given in Japan this summer are to hold a special secret. Due to our knowledge of HeartGold & SoulSilver, we concluded that this was in Pokémon Black & White. The pre-ordering for tickets for the movie began today in Japan and yaminokame got his hands on his. With the tickets came a pamphlet that stated that the legendary beasts do unlock something within Pokémon Black and Pokémon White. What they unlock is still unknown, but this does confirm that Pokémon Black and White will be compatible for trade in some way with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver. Whether this will be similar to the Pal Park in those games or the Time Machine method from Gold, Silver & Crystal remains to be seen. We'll post more information as and when it comes.
Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

First official screenshots

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=16602

Some you''ll recognise from CoroCoro though, I think 2 of them are new but if not at least these are hi-res.

The Zorua sprite doesn't look very good, it appears to only have a minute amount of shading. I just hope it's just a placeholder sprite because if not I'm pretty dissapointed. Other than that the screenshots look alot better in high quality, sadly there's nothing new though.

The Zorua sprite doesn't look very good, it appears to only have a minute amount of shading. I just hope it's just a placeholder sprite because if not I'm pretty dissapointed.

It's got quality loss because of the camera zooming during battles, I'm pretty sure that's why it looks weird.

D/P changed. This is a beta battle screenshot: (looks better than the final)

Weavile_Munchlax_beta_2.png

It's supposed to show something or other, but i dunno what to expect. Remember, the first HgSs footage they showed was Ethan and Chikorita walking in front of Elm's lab. Like, it was the most pointless thing ever.

It's supposed to show something or other, but i dunno what to expect. Remember, the first HgSs footage they showed was Ethan and Chikorita walking in front of Elm's lab. Like, it was the most pointless thing ever.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Well atleast they showed something.

Any footage > no footage xD I just wanna see what the battles look like in motion really...

The new battle design reminds me alot of Sonic Chronicles since you can now see the whole back of your Pokémon and there are simple backgrounds like in Sonic Chronicles too.

Pokemon Sunday is airing now, but it hasn't shown anything yet. They probably won't show it until the end of the show like they did with the HG/SS updates.