Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

starters.png

I'm just going to leave it at that.

I really fucking hate the entirety of anything Chimchar. He's just ass ugly. At least Torterra and Empoleon have cool final evos.

Also why must you all hate Sceptile? He was the best Pokemon for the E4, and most, if not all, of R/S/E's gyms. And look at him, he's just so fucking cool about life.

• Thumbs Up 1

so_i_heard_velo_likes_these_star-1.jpg?t=1271644019

As you might have guessed, I have a thing for fire starters. They are usually my favorite design of the 3. Water starters are like the fire types hot sister, and they'd be my next choice to sleep with if me and fire starter break up or want to see other types, and I can NOT believe I just connected Pokemon with SEX. The grass starter is like the fire type's not as hot sister but still like to be "just friends" with, though they've gotten a little bit unappealing over time.

Fun Fact: The true reason I originally started with Charizard was because I wanted to have a guaranteed Fly user right off the bat. Eventually I saw beauty in the fire starter and we've been together ever since. The same scenario happened with Blaziken, since I originally thought it'd evolve into a part Flying type..... COME ON, I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. You ALL were like "WTF?" when you saw Torchic evolve into a battle Chocobo.

But seriously, Sceptile's back is like "WTF???!" it looks like it has some horrid infection and I feel like I've got aids just from looking at it.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are we REALLY looking at the starters ad if they're in a model show or something? Here's my opinon: THEY ARE ALL GREAT LOL BYE! Seriously though, because I farm starters, I learned that all the starters are great to use. Whats with all the hate on Gen 3 & Gen 4 though? Blaziken is a excellent attacker and great speed. Sceptile is the neutral. And Swampert is the Defenser & Special Attacker, a great one at that. Torterra can kick your ass with a good Special Attack and GREAT Defense & Attack. Infernape is like Blaziken only a little better. And Empoleon is a great Defenser & Attacker.

I'm not gonna comment on my like or dislike of starters (I like 'em all, BTW), but...

5thgenstarters.png

Here's your Gen 5 starters. Seribii hasn't posted this yet, I hear, though I'm pretty sure this is legit.

I want the Dolphin, dammit.

Edit: Ah, so it's fake. Dangit. Ah, well.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I'm not gonna comment on my like or dislike of starters (I like 'em all, BTW), but...

5thgenstarters.png

Hot Ekans on Charmander action? Fire+Poison type? The other two look pretty basic, but the fire starter, wo boy.

..... Sorry fire starter, but I think it's...... time we see other types.... It's not you, it's me.... I...... I'm just not having the same feelings for you that I used to. T_T

Heloooooooo Kyogre's cute looking cousin!!

EDIT: Really, they should've chosen a different animal and make fire come out of some other body part, like the legs.

Edited by Black Spy

A dolphin? Oh man this could either be extremely creative or the whackest thing ever. We obviously know the one with the fire on the end of it's tail is the fire one, it's always the fire one. ._.

Lol @ the ripoff shaymin at the upper left.

Hm. A snake with Charmander's flame-tail, a deer with a leafy butt, and a rather bland looking dolphin?

The deer could be okay, but the other two seem pretty lame so I'm hoping it's fake.

The picture looks like it's supposed to be from Pokemon Sunday, but if it was it would have spread far faster than it has. Starters are also among the last to be revealed remember, later than the mascots. Why ruin the hype now? Definitely fake.

Edited by Blue Blood

Looking at it closer, the silhouettes and the gradient they're sitting in are a hell of a lot cleaner than the rest of the picture. I'm calling fake.

Looking at it closer, the silhouettes and the gradient they're sitting in are a hell of a lot cleaner than the rest of the picture. I'm calling fake.

Upper-left of the gradient, where it borders with the white- it's jagged. Poor shopping. I agree with you.

Yeah you guys are right about the gradient being jagged. Although it's hard to see at first, if you zoom in, you see the following. This is for everyone else to see:

FAKE.png

Where it's circled is where you can see the jaggedness of the gradients, therefore showing it was shopped on top of another image. Good try though, it would fool most people at first glance.

So the final verdict?

FAKE

thank god that thing is fake (IT IS, RIGHT!?)

those things look SO retarded.

That fake picture has been flying around the internet for months and months. I find it hard to believe that none of you have seen it before xD

Nice find on the music Torcano, I had a close listen to the PokéSunday vid to see if they were the same, and it did a bit, until my ears started bleeding from the "AAAAAAAAAAAAH WHEEEEEEEEEEE" of those crazy hosts :P.

I highly doubt it's a leak, Pokémon just doesn't get leaks. It's probably a fan reconstruction of sorts, and since it's so hard to hear it's probably a bit wrong in places too.

Still, sounds good!

PS. That vid was posted a few pages back Shad xD

That fake picture has been flying around the internet for months and months. I find it hard to believe that none of you have seen it before xD

Nice find on the music Torcano, I had a close listen to the PokéSunday vid to see if they were the same, and it did a bit, until my ears started bleeding from the "AAAAAAAAAAAAH WHEEEEEEEEEEE" of those crazy hosts :P.

I highly doubt it's a leak, Pokémon just doesn't get leaks. It's probably a fan reconstruction of sorts, and since it's so hard to hear it's probably a bit wrong in places too.

Still, sounds good!

PS. That vid was posted a few pages back Shad xD

Oh XD , saw it on CVG this morning and I looked on the last page but couldn't see it. I should have looked back a few pages knowing how fast these Pokémon threads build up.

Pokemon Sunday airs in the morning in Japan, which is pretty much just late night Saturday for us. We get videos almost as soon as it finishes.

And nope, I've never seen that fake starter pic before. It was more than obviously a fake though.

Sceptile - Rank 0 - Ugh. What the hell is that even supposed to look like? Grovyle gets beaten hard with the ugly stick when it evolves and I took an instant dislike to its final form. The fact that it can actually perform impressively well these days hasn't made up for the fact that it sucked ass in Gen 3 as a physical-oriented Grass type. Ugh again. I also happen to have three of these little bastards and I don't think I'll ever finish training any of them just because I can't stand how they look. Sceptile sucks ass, moving on.

Physically based? Sceptile always has, and still has a bad physical movepool. He's always been more special and stall oriented. Back in Gen III he always had a subseed set with special attacks such as leaf blade (It was special back then, and was the best grass move in the game back then) and the special hidden powers as his support moves. He also had thunder punch, dragon claw and pursuit as good special moves as well. He had only 2 useable physical moves in gen III so you obviously weren't using him to his full potential. Yes, nowadays sadly he's lost a few of his good special moves but he still has some amazing special moves at his disposal, especially boosted with choice specs. There are also far worse looking Pokémon out there.

Edited by Blaziken

So this supposedly comes to the US a year from now eh? Well I guess I'll take that as a challenge to see how many Pokemon I can properly Train in a year, so I can transfer them all to Pokemon White or Black, and only worry about training NEW Pokemon for a change. I do this EVERY stinking gen... I spam rare candies to lvl 100, I only use the new starter and fill the rest of my team with gen 1 and 2 Pokemon ( mostly gen 1 ). But now I'm actually training em with macho braces, lucky eggs, and whatnot, by battling, and no use of rare candies, and Im trying to pick out pokemon I never touched before. I have access to all 4 regions now with FireRed, Heartgold, Sapphire, and Pearl. I can restart each game save for HG once I train my team enough and beat the E4 ( Then resume leveling up in HG )

My goal will be 122 Pokemon or more at level 100 before the US release of Pokemon B/W ( I just hope galaxy 2, Sonic 4, or any other game to be released later this year doesn't make me forget it... )

Physically based? Sceptile always has... oldbag_says_words.gif

I was probably misremembering, I have far too much to remember these days and I think my mind's finally given out - stuff doesn't stick as well as it used to.

I take it you like Sceptile then? :P

I was probably misremembering, I have far too much to remember these days and I think my mind's finally given out - stuff doesn't stick as well as it used to.

I take it you like Sceptile then? :P

He's my 3rd favourite Pokémon, that and I felt like making a correction to that statement, but I've been having to do this kind of thing for Sceptile for a while now considering his recent drop in popularity in te UU metagame recently and I must be the only one still using him, so doing this kind of thing has sort of become second nature for me. Why does everyone hate him anyway? D=

Anyway, I just saw the fake starters on the previous page, and I'm very dissapointed they are fake, I've been hoping for a fire type snake Pokémon (Or just a good snake Pokémon) for a while now and my hopes have just been crushed like dust. I'll probably not like this generation's fire starter as much now thanks to this. D= I'll probably go for the water starter this generation, the designs for them have always been quite good...well...barring Swampert that is, and even he was ok.

Edited by Blaziken

Physically based? Sceptile always has, and still has a bad physical movepool. He's always been more special and stall oriented. Back in Gen III he always had a subseed set with special attacks such as leaf blade (It was special back then, and was the best grass move in the game back then) and the special hidden powers as his support moves. He also had thunder punch, dragon claw and pursuit as good special moves as well. He had only 2 useable physical moves in gen III so you obviously weren't using him to his full potential. Yes, nowadays sadly he's lost a few of his good special moves but he still has some amazing special moves at his disposal, especially boosted with choice specs. There are also far worse looking Pokémon out there.

He's got a fair few physical moves, methinks. Return is fairly obvious, but Endeavor/Quick Attack is great as an alternative to the F.E.A.R. gimmick XD.

Then, he's got Aerial Ace (okay at best), Brick Break, Double Edge (okay as well), Dragon Claw, DynamicPunch, Earthquake, Focus Punch, Iron Tail (meh), Outrage, Rock Slide, Seed Bomb, Thunderpunch, and X-Scissor.

He's also got Swords Dance to top this all off by strengthening his usable attack stat. So while not all his moves are the best move of their type, he's still got a decent selection.

Edited by OvErLoRd