Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

So the girl trainer has a curly ponytail, with a pink and white baseball cap.

I have two words.

KAWAIIKAWAII.png

KAWAII

KAWAII

Hahaha xD I can't wait to see the trainer art. She already looks better than Dawn imo :P

Those city and battle scenes look awesome! It's going to be very interesting the direction they take with these new Pokemon games. I wonder if they'll show anything on Pokemon Sunday in Japan this week at all.

They probably will, not to mention the official announcement is being made next Thursday.

'Epic pictures are epic! At first when I saw the blackish cave pic, I was like "Really Nintendo?! The SAME graphic engine?" But then I saw the OTHER pics ~<3 When they said they were going in a new direction, they meant it.

I think the boy looks a bit like Roark. I thought it was him for a second, when I saw the cave picture...

I think the boy looks a bit like Roark. I thought it was him for a second, when I saw the cave picture...

Omg, my brother said the exact same thing xD

I thought they both looked like Pokémon Ranger protags, but my brother said the male looked like Roark ._.

'Epic pictures are epic! At first when I saw the blackish cave pic, I was like "Really Nintendo?! The SAME graphic engine?" But then I saw the OTHER pics ~<3

Exact same trail of thought here. Disappointed at how samey that cave looked!

They sure are taking advantage of the three-dimensional elements this time. Black and White look cool! Also, I'm glad that it is on the DS, not the 3DS.

My jaw dropped when I saw these. They've been slowly inching their way towards this with DPPt and HGSS, you could tell in each one. DP was very basic, Pt played some more with graphics, HGSS introduced this sort of perspective and got really creative with just about everything, and now they've taken it a step further and it's fucking gorgeous.

They're shaking things up and I love it. The urban city actually looks like an urban city, with enormous skyscrapers, and there are even highways apparently. No more environmentally friendly poké-people I guess (inb4 electric cars). I like the protagonists too, the boy looks more like Red and Gold than Brendan or Lucas. Not that I didn't like them, but Red and Gold were much more "FUCK YEAH". Also the girl's cap is awesome.

I'm pleased with the new battle setup as well, it looks more like the pokémon are fighting now.

Basically it looks fucking awesome, I'm hyped, and once Pokémon Sunday and CoroCoro are done, I will be avoiding this topic, Serebii, and /v/ like the plague!

My jaw dropped when I saw these. They've been slowly inching their way towards this with DPPt and HGSS, you could tell in each one. DP was very basic, Pt played some more with graphics, HGSS introduced this sort of perspective and got really creative with just about everything, and now they've taken it a step further and it's fucking gorgeous.

Wouldn't say it's "gorgeous" just yet, but if they do some more natural settings to go along with the city... like imagine a huge sprawling forest background, now that could look gorgeous. :D

I like the protagonists too, the boy looks more like Red and Gold than Brendan or Lucas. Not that I didn't like them, but Red and Gold were much more "FUCK YEAH". Also the girl's cap is awesome.

I kinda miss the crazyness of the Gen 3 hero designs. Although it is pretty cool that the characters look more basic again.

Basically it looks fucking awesome, I'm hyped, and once Pokémon Sunday and CoroCoro are done, I will be avoiding this topic, Serebii, and /v/ like the plague!

o/\o

It's going to be exceptionally hard to stop using Serebii ._. but having an excuse to avoid /v/ will be awesome.

PS. The character sprites kinda look like they always have one foot in front of the other from the front. Am I the only one worried we're going to be getting those "always walking even when standing still" sprites like the ones you see in 2D Zeldas or FFs?

Edited by SuperLink

Aww, I'm gonna miss all of you guys.

Platinum and HeartGold have kind of made me hate caves anyway, so unless they're very mechanically different in Generation V, I'm not too bothered by them looking a little bland. On the other hand, maybe more interesting caves would've incited me to go into them more often; I guess I have to hope that those electric rocks are indicators of something interesting going on. I'm just praying that the caves and sea routes in this game are kept to a minimum. I like the idea of different environments, but surely there are other things we can try.

PS. The character sprites kinda look like they always have one foot in front of the other from the front. Am I the only one worried we're going to be getting those "always walking even when standing still" sprites like the ones you see in 2D Zeldas or FFs?

I don't get that impression at all, actually. I guess there's a little ambiguity in that Pokemon Center screenshot, but I think that's just the shading. I can't imagine something like that happening after so many generations.

POKESKY.jpg

Holeh Shizz, at the top of the pic...is that the SKY?! *GASP*

awesumcat-2.jpg

*nerdy-goofy squeal* =D

Edited by Ferno

From the side the girl looks like she has a giant brown beard.

I really really want a dense jungle as a location this time, sortof like the jungle in PSO Ep 2. Just a really gorgeous jungle with like streams and waterfalls and what not.

Definitely looks like they're gonna have most areas done in a more 3D view instead of the overhead view, like a few areas seen in HG/SS and even look to be moving away from the tile structure of the previous games in some areas. Infact, they're probably gonna add the ability to CHANGE CAMERA ANGLES, as seen in two screens of the city done in completely different angles. TOTALLY CALLING IT!

Hoping for full Pokemon animations instead of the pseudo 2-sprite animations they've done since RSE. And maybe even individual animations for different actions, like using a physical, special or other move, getting hit, fainting, status effects, etc.

One thing that strikes me as odd is the positioning of the Pokemon in the battle screen. The big Z is practically in the center of the screen taking up a lot of space(though it may just be using a move), and what's with the green circles around their feet?

Edited by Black Spy

Epic win. Its like they took a look at my wishlist for a Pokemon game and used that as their development plan. I shall be preordering these the minute preorders become available.

I just hope when walking through a city you don't have loading screens between sections and it's all one smooth transition without the camera angle moving much.

One thing I did notice is the lack of follower Pokemon, maybe they just didn't have the sprites done for Zorua/Zoroark yet and didn't want to use a new Gen 5 monster but I hope follower Pokemon aren't out for this gen. That would be a pretty big disappointment.

They could just as easily put an option to enable/disable it for those who like/hate/don't care.

I personally wouldn't care, I think the novelty wore off pretty quickly for me.

Dewd, in the cave pic, the smaller blue rocks are totally floating. On another forum that I lurk on, someone also suggested that the big rocks are emanating static electricity.

Follower-Pokémon is a nifty feature, but it's really just an aesthetic value. And if they do it Hg/Ss style, wherein you have to have a follower at all times and they always need the loo, I'd rather they scrapped it.

Zorua looks cute! I like the look of the new cities too! Although I don't like the girl trainer T__T but that's probably just my personal hatred of baseball caps.

I thought this was just for DS, that's what the website implies?

note: I havn't read the entire topic yet.

Edited by Mollfie

The following isn't as important as say day/night, which missed a whole gen, but assuming they are gone for Black & White and they aren't just a toggle option, it's still a big shame, no?

I love having my own personal "signature Pokémon" hanging out with me all the time. It's wonderful ^^

I'd say that if they are indeed gone for Black & White, they'll be back for the third game.

-It'll be a 3DS exclusive

-It'll be on a hyooj cart

-It'll be fully voiced and have over an hour's worth of anime cutscenes complete with New Game+

I hope the starters are awesome like in Gen 3. (yeah, I said it =p)

The fourth gen starters were well...kinda weak in their design.

The fourth gen starters were well...kinda weak in their design.

Yeah, really the only 4th gen starter-related Pokémon I really liked are Torterra and Piplup...

Any chance we'll get a new Type Trio for starters? Fighting/Psychic/Dark wouldn't work, anything else people can think of?

Once Gen six comes around, the first thing I'm gonna do is make a team consisting of all the fire starters from the other five Gens plus the new one. :D

I think I'm happy with the Grass/Fire/Water starters but other than that there's Flying/Rock/Fighting. That could be cool.

Edited by Noir

They need to make the starters the following. Water/Ghost for the water ones final evolution, Fire/Dragon for the fire ones final evolution(slightly OP) and Grass/Electric for the grass ones final evolution.

Those have never been done before and will really have people like WHOA. Although the Fire/Dragon one keeps bothering me... Something tells me that it's really overpowered...

Fire/Dragon should have been done years ago. They have no excuse to not make one this time :P And I hope it'll be a traditional western looking Dragon (not a goofy one like Dragonite, and not a plastic one like Salamence, an epic beastly dragon please)

It would instantly become one of my favourite Pokémon ever.

I'd like a lot more new type combinations, I'm amazed there are still so many to do. How about a lone Flying type? Psychic/Dark? Ice/Fire? Rock/Ground?

Should definitely be an interesting gen for new monsters.

It needs a toucan.

EDIT: Anyone think they'll finally fix Gyarados' type? Or allow Nidoqueen to breed?

Edited by SuperLink