Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

I don't want it to be on 3DS! That's ridiculous when they've just released the DSiXL a little while ago. I still have a DSPhat for FS! Let me catch up please Nintendo!!

Hahaha, I still use my DSPhat too ;D just got a new battery for it too. It's not going anywhere!

Glad to see it'll be put to good use right until the 3DS comes out aswell :3

I realise it won't be on 3DS lol <3

I love my phat, it's blue and really tatty now XD and has pokemon stickers on it of course!

I still think they should make the legendaries be a panda and a zebra pokemon. Then make the special version Pokemon Grey and have the legendary be a koala or elephant =3

Speaking of changing the four moves system, I remember reading somewhere or the other, the idea of keeping having only four moves in a useable set, but at the same time having other moves not forgotten, but in reserve, to be switched out and changed with the moves being currently used.

The same person also thought that the set should only be changeable in a Center or somewhere, to prevent switching moves out of PP for full ones.

^ I like this idea a lot. Each new move you learn could be switched with one you already have and all are "stored" in your PC or something.

Am I the only one who wants this game to be released on the 3DS? I realize the cons, but imagine the pros!

-The game will be Full 3D!

-3DS will probably have more space on it for games, and game potential as well, meaning that there will be a lot more room for Black and White to be made even more awesome on the 3DS!

-It'll make the 5th generation seem much more new, as if transcending the era of the DS. I'm not comfortable with a new generation of pokemon being on the same old system as the last.

If it's for the regular DS and not even only the DSi, that means it gets no more extra space or potential than HGSS. I don't like how that sounds. In the end, if it only has the same potential as the other DS Pokemon games, then we might just be seeing another weird and strange world for the DS once again.

Which is essentially just a different Platnium.

The new system would truly refresh it, give it a breath of life, like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

They should do it Gold/Silver style. Works on both the 3DS and the DS

that's probobly what they'll do.

Well guys, once again Pokémon Sunday disappoints by revealing absolutely nothing notable. I guess we'll just have to wait until the official announcement.

And I even hung out with some /v/irgins for an hour to watch Pokémon Sunday. JAPAN YOU TROLLS.

At least the card game was amusing. Slowpoke was nightmare fuel though.

lol michael jackson refrence in titles

I CALL A MICHAEL JACKSON REFRENCE ACTUALLY INGAME!!1!!1

Maybe it's some kind of tribute to him or something.

I hope they really shake things up in the pokemon world this time, especially because it's on the same system as the last gen. If its the same as D/P/P, then, :an

Well that was a waste of time. -_- *unrelated note* I do wonder what the vehicle will be like...

Edit: You know looking at this scan I really do think you will have full movement.

Considering there is a curve down the road.

city-big.jpg

Edited by Torcano

Edit: You know looking at this scan I really do think you will have full movement.

Considering there is a curve down the road.

city-big.jpg

Hard to judge without seeing it in motion. Hopefully it'll be similar to the Dragon Quest games' environment - rotating goodness.

No, I really don't think there will be 8 direction movement, the camera will change as you approach the curve.

We have Black and White. But is this the only "simple" color scheme we'll get? What will be the Gen III remakes new names? RoseRuby? SageSapphire?

Actually that wouldn't be that bad.

No, I really don't think there will be 8 direction movement, the camera will change as you approach the curve.

Ehh. We will see. But i'd rather have 8 direction movement. The Ranger series did it.

We have Black and White. But is this the only "simple" color scheme we'll get? What will be the Gen III remakes new names? RoseRuby? SageSapphire?

Actually that wouldn't be that bad.

I'm calling RadRuby and Smokin'Sapphire

(But your names are better actually)

Meh, I dunno. I think that'd be one of the first things they'd show off if it was going to be a new feature, so I'm going to call four-directional movement only.

The thing I'm really curious about at the moment is the combat interface. There seems to be an attack going on in the screenshot, so I guess we wouldn't be seeing health bars either way, but d'you suppose they might have been meddled with? Moved to the bottom screen? Done away with entirely and replaced with a system where chunky salsa appears on the screen whenever you take damage? I'd love to see it, even if all it turns out to be is a slightly sleeker look for the same old thing.

I'm calling RadRuby and Smokin'Sapphire

"Hey! You! Help me! Get an INCREDIBLY AWESOME BADASS POKEMON out of my bag and save me from this TOTALLY UNCOOL Zigzagoon!"

Also the third game will be Pokemon Orange, watch it. Pokemon fucking Orange man. Or Grey. Either one.

If Pokémon Orange includes the ability to explore the Orange Archipelago and battle the members of the Orange Crew then consider me sold.

If Pokémon Orange includes the ability to explore the Orange Archipelago and battle the members of the Orange Crew then consider me sold.

lol if you said that at Serebiiforums, then you will get attacked by vicious fanboys.

Basically, that will never happen, seeing as the Orange Archipelago is an anime-exclusive location, it can't be in the games. The games and the anime are separate canons, and as far as GameFreak is concerned, the Orange Archipelago doesn't exist. That's why it's never even been mentioned in the games at all.

Not like I really care, I hate the anime...

Please don't take this as an attack on you, I respect everyone's opinions.

There's plenty more anime-exclusive locations- some cities within canon locations even. They would only appear in an anime adapted game (yellow), not otherwise.

There's plenty more anime-exclusive locations- some cities within canon locations even. They would only appear in an anime adapted game (yellow), not otherwise.

Yellow has the exact same amount of locations as Red/Blue.

Yellow has the exact same amount of locations as Red/Blue.

I was giving an example of an anime adapted game, which Yellow is. I know it's no different from R/B location-wise.

There seems to be an attack going on in the screenshot, so I guess we wouldn't be seeing health bars either way, but d'you suppose they might have been meddled with? Moved to the bottom screen? Done away with entirely and replaced with a system where chunky salsa appears on the screen whenever you take damage?

Actually, in the older Pokemon games like the original gold and silver and crystal, the health bars always disappeared when one Pokemon does an attack animation, however they don't anymore for recent generations. In the shots below, you can see that the health bars used to disappear:

vanishinghealthbar.png

During the opponents attack

vanishinghealthbar2.png

During the users attack

Maybe they bought this system back for Black and White? I always thought it was sorta cool and convenient that the screen cleared out to show the awesomeness of the move animations.