Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

My launch DS phat is still kicking. :P

Also I'm gonna go for the Black 3DS.

And so is my Bro's. That thing is like, the best built handheld ever, and I really hope the 3DS is built just as well. It does have that "sturdy" look to it though, so I shouldn't worry to much. :P

My launch day original DS is also working fine, and I've had no problems with it, ever. My launch day DSi is also still working fine. Nintendo know how to make perfect and long lasting kit.

It's not THAT well built, the top screen of mine snapped off pretty quickly. Now the GBA SP, THAT was a sturdy console.

Awww yeah, definitely. I still have my cobalt blue SP that remains my favorite handheld to this day, and it's in great condition. So many memories man.

*"Go to bed- you have school tomorrow!!"

"Ok fine. >3>"

*then I whip out my SP and play it under the covers because I can** >:3

Edited by Ho Ho Ferno

I actually wanted the blue DS because I'm a weirdo. I generally go for the less common colors. Though I'd be fine with getting any kind of color at launch.

I still have my near launch (January the year after) phat DS, but late this year my top screen seems to have stopped working and just shows a white screen. I'm not too techno-savy, but I believe it has something to do with that special tape that's connecting on the screen has come loose. Nintendo says they'd repair it for $90, which is a rip off because I can get a refurbished original model for about $50; at this point, it's not worth the hassle for -- obvious reasons.

Usually, all of the Nintendo consoles I own besides the GBASP start having some problems within five or six years I own them after the warranty is invalid, and I don't want to go through that same ordeal again with the 3DS.

But if there are two grievances that I definitely want fixed with the 3DS that all previous DS models seem to suffer are L and R buttons that are reliable and a Mic. that actually works.

I've two DS Lites break on me this year, my white Lite's (lol rhyme) touch screen fucked up completely and only shows like scanlines with a distorted image and my Lime Green Lite's R button doesn't work anymore and the touchscreen has a big black area which doesn't show any image anymore. Shame really, I take really good care of my consoles as well so I was gutted that the Lite could be so fragile when I still have a perfectly fine black SP which has survived god knows how long with only a few scratches =\

Not to mention ports of Wii games:

(The original Unlimited Cruise never came out in the US, so I don't really have high hopes for this one coming out here either, but the fact that the 3DS can do ports of Wii games is really something.)

I've two DS Lites break on me this year, my white Lite's (lol rhyme) touch screen fucked up completely and only shows like scanlines with a distorted image and my Lime Green Lite's R button doesn't work anymore and the touchscreen has a big black area which doesn't show any image anymore. Shame really, I take really good care of my consoles as well so I was gutted that the Lite could be so fragile when I still have a perfectly fine black SP which has survived god knows how long with only a few scratches =\

My bro's DS Lite broke completely in half (started off as a cracked hinge O_O) and my DS Lite also has a problem where the top screen turns off if I tilt it all the way back past the first "click."

I have a DSi now so I'm not really bothered, but my bro is toughin' it out with his Phat and PSP until the 3DS comes out.

Edited by Ho Ho Ferno

Nintendo 3DS will be at Nintendo World 2011 afterall

- 1/8 to 1/10

- Makuhari Messe convention center

- first time the 3DS has will be playable for the public

Playable titles include:

Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D The Naked Sample (auto demo)

Winning Eleven 3D Soccer

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Resident Evil Revelations

Samurai Warriors Chronicle

Dead or Alive Dimensions

Ridge Racer 3D

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Nintendogs + Cats

Kid Icarus

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Steel Diver

Pilot Wings Resort

AR Games

Nintendo 3DS Camera

Titles to be shown in video form include:

Winning Eleven 3D Soccer

Dead or Alive Dimensions

Ridge Racer 3D

Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D

Super Monkey Ball 3D

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Gundam The 3D Battle

Tales of the Abyss

One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP

Cubic Ninja

Tobidasu Puzzle Bobble 3D

Pro Baseball Famisuta 2011

Animal Resort

Xevious

3D Beauty Clock

Nintendogs + Cats

Kid Icarus

Steel Diver

Pilot Wings Resort

Star Fox 64 3D

Paper Mario

Animal Crossing

Mario Kart

AR Games

Mii Plaza

- stage programs at the event

- programs will be broadcast live at the Nintendo home page

Stages include:

Nintendo 3DS introduction showing Mii de Asobu ("Play as Mii"), and AR Games (All three days at 11:00. Each day will have a different celebrity guest.)

"Nintendo Music Live" (All three days at 12:30)

3DS game introduction featuring Metal Gear Solid Series (1st day at 13:45)

3DS game introduction featuring Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition/Yoshinori Ono (2nd day at 13:45)

3DS game introduction with Level-5/Akihiro Hino (3rd day at 13:45)

3DS game introduction featuring Kid Icarus/Masahiro Sakurai (1st day at 15:00)

3DS game introduction featuring Resident Evil Series (2nd day at 15:00)

3DS game introduction featuring Nintendogs + Cats (3rd day at 15:00)

- children under six will not be allowed to demo the games at the event in 3D due to the possibility of long term adverse affects on vision development

- 3DS will also be on demo at the Winter World Hobby Fair even

- Playable 3DS titles include Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus, Nintendogs + Cats, AR Games and Nintendo 3DS Camera

- titles that will appear in 3 minute videos include Nintendogs + Cats, Kid Icarus, Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, Steel Diver, Pilot Wings Resort, Star Fox 64 3D, Paper Mario, Animal Cross, Mario Kart and Mii Plaza

- demo of Nintendogs + Cats available for play at Shizuoka's "Gotenba Premium Outlets" and Osaka's "Rinku Premium Outlets" from 1/14 to 4/3

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention ports of Wii games:

(The original Unlimited Cruise never came out in the US, so I don't really have high hopes for this one coming out here either, but the fact that the 3DS can do ports of Wii games is really something.)

Titles to be shown in video form include:

Winning Eleven 3D Soccer

Dead or Alive Dimensions

Ridge Racer 3D

Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D

Super Monkey Ball 3D

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Gundam The 3D Battle

Tales of the Abyss

One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP

Cubic Ninja

Tobidasu Puzzle Bobble 3D

Pro Baseball Famisuta 2011

Animal Resort

Xevious

3D Beauty Clock

Nintendogs + Cats

Kid Icarus

Steel Diver

Pilot Wings Resort

Star Fox 64 3D

Paper Mario

Animal Crossing

Mario Kart

AR Games

Mii Plaza

Looks like they have plans.

Nintendo's latest health and safety warnings and usage suggestions

- Nintendo says 3D causes quicker eye fatigue

- some 3D software causes eyes to become more tired faster than other software

- Nintendo suggests 3D play time for half hour intervals, with breaks

- "If your physical condition worsens or you become ill, please stop playing at once."

- 3D has different effects on different people

- vision of young children is still in developmental stages, which is why it recommended that they do not use the 3DS's 3D effects as well as watch 3D movies and 3D television

- viewing 3D at a young age could have effects later in life

- not recommended for children under the age of 6

- "Since the Nintendo 3DS can be changed to 2D to avoid any effects on young children's vision, it is possible for anyone to enjoy playing it."

- 3DS will include 3D parental controls

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=146076

• Thumbs Up 1

Now watch they slap all that shit in a bunch of sequential menus that pop up every damn time you turn the system on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some dude in the comments:

- viewing 3D at a young age could have effects later in life, like seeing real life in 3D.
Edited by Ho Ho Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

Amsterdam 3DS conference starts at 15:00 (CET)

As you know since a few weeks, Nintendo will give two lectures on the Nintendo 3DS, on January 19, 2011 . Of course, the European Conference to be held in Amsterdam, we want a little more than the American Conference. This is timely since we are able to give you the program that day. Indeed, the conference will start at 15h and will be followed by a session of free play until 18h (french schedules remain the same because no time difference).

Obviously, this event is reserved to the European press and know that the writing of Nintendo Master should be at the Expo Haarlemmermeer, instead of the festivities.

(Google Translate)

http://www.nintendo-master.com/xtnews/news-25731_lheure_de_la_conference_du_19_janvier_devoilee.htm

(via GoNintendo)

Let's start counting down the days 'till the imaginary release everyone. :v

Seriously Ninty, gimme mah release date, or the money I was gonna give ya getz eet. >:U

*Is holding a gun...to a wad of cash.*

Edit: HOLD THE PHONE

http://wwwery.com/10908-nintendo-3ds-launch-date-and-price.html

Nintendo 3DS releasing March 18, 2011; Price £199.99 almost confirmed

by HA CONG TIEN on DECEMBER 31, 2010 in GADGETS, GAMING

U.K.-based e-tailer GameGears has almost the confirmed the availability of the Nintendo 3DS on March 18, 2011, following the device’s official preview event on January 19th. Not only that, but also a price-tag of £199.99 [& initial discounted sale at £5 off].

That’s not all! Though without base, a so-called Nintendo employee has confirmed Nintendo 3DS’ February 26th launch in Japan, and March 27th in the U.S. ["about a month later," he said].

While the handheld glasses-free 3D video game console is expected to sell for 25,000 yen in Japan, the source said it will sell for a price below $270, while offering various price points : $150-$170; $200, $250 or $270.

Rumored 3DS launch game titles include : Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D, Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Ridge Racer 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Street Fighter IV 3D.

Edited by Inferno

It's likely they will. Remember, they always make the English and other Europeans spend significantly more on their games and consoles. Don't know why the hell the industry does, but it does. Plus 300 would be a death sentence in the U.S.

Edited by Hero Of Christmas

I read on Wikipedia (I know it isn't the best source but still) that the 3DS is selling for 25,000 yen in Japan, which roughly translates to $303.00USD.

Yes, but we've gone over this months ago. The US pays significantly less than Japan too. Games in Japan cost 50-90 USD.

I wouldn't expect it to be a penny over $250. Then again, I don't expect it to be any less than $230 either. Nintendo was already getting negative reactions toward the price of it in Japan at the $300 price point, and if even the Japanese market is annoyed at the price point for a system, it would out and out bomb over here.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think I got more then enough to buy a 3DS, not sure about the games but I'll likely get all my gift money shoveled off my wallet like it just happened.