Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

So, I'm gonna have Wind Waker on my Wii U and Seasons and Ages on my 3DS.

The world has finally become perfect.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196618

The two stocks traded in opposite directions on Thursday. Sony’s
SNE -3.04% U.S.-listed shares were down 2.7% to $14.08 by midday, with
Nintendo’s NTDOY U.S. shares up 2% to $11.79. Earlier trades on the
Tokyo market followed the same pattern, with Sony JP:6758 -1.77%
slipping about 1.8% by the close of that session, and Nintendo JP:7974
+1.26% gaining about 1.3%.

lol

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pleased to see that Oracle of Ages/Seasons is coming out soon. Those are two Zelda games I've never played before, and as a Zelda fan I've wanted to for ages (haha).

I've had a 3DS for more than a month (XL Pikachu edition! <3) and so far, I enjoy it a lot. I'm glad I waited till now to buy it. It's a great little handheld, and while the 3D is kind of a gimmick, there are some games that use it to great advantage like Super Mario 3D Land and Starfox 64 3D. I also love Streetpass and the Streetpass Quest RPG game, there's a lot of replay value there.

Since owning one, I played Super Mario 3D Land which is another great Mario title with some unique gameplay elements, unlike a certain other Mario series which hasn't changed much at all since the DS release yet still remains popular. >_> Currently I'm halfway through Ocarina of Time 3D and it's just as good as the original, so much nostalgia~

I remember Rare mentioning the possibility of a Banjo-Kazooie game on 3DS ages ago and nothing came about with that back then...so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, some might find this amusing; box spines strike again

hRvvID5.jpg

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well Nintendo will need to have a word with the ones making the game boxes...

It's not Nintendo though- it's whoever publishes any given game. Edited by Blue Blood

RARE on Banjo-Kazooie remake for 3DS: “Anything’s possible, even if it’s not very likely”

http://nintendoeverything.com/114710/rare-on-banjo-kazooie-remake-for-3ds-anythings-possible-even-if-it’s-not-very-likely/

Rare once again gives a vague "it's unlikely but possible" answer on whether they will make another game to their older IPs they don't use anymore.

In other news, precipitation causes rain and nobody still gave a damn about the in-name-only shell of what once was a great game developer.

Oh, since Bravely Default: Flying Fairy came up on the previous page, I understand that the official Bravely Default Twitter has recently posted messages in English hinting that the game is to be localised.

Now there's a shit load of games I want I think it's about time I finally invested in a 3DS. I love the design of the XL but I'm worried I'll buy one only for them to be dicks and announce a model I'll want more.

What do you guys think the chances of a new model being released this year are? With all the big releases I reckon it's pretty likely.

Nintendo's still selling them about as fast as they can make them, so there wouldn't really be much benefit to it at the moment.

Edited by Tornado

Now there's a shit load of games I want I think it's about time I finally invested in a 3DS. I love the design of the XL but I'm worried I'll buy one only for them to be dicks and announce a model I'll want more.

What do you guys think the chances of a new model being released this year are? With all the big releases I reckon it's pretty likely.

The only sort of model they'd possibly release is some sort of "lite" version of 3DS, which is unikely to come out this year.

Well, there's not really much they can do to the 3DS to make it "Lite" anyway. Maybe a revision with better battery life, but I don't see one with a form factor change.

Nintendo also released a Circle Pad Pro for the XL but it is currently only available in Japan. 

I know that's not a confirmation on anything, but I think Nintendo will still be marketing the current console for a while as it's currently selling pretty well over there in Japan, too. Even if a new version is announced, you'll still have to wait it, not to mention that the XL pretty much curbstomps a lot of the original's faults (battery life, screen size, 3D's sweet spot is larger, better to hold, DS games don't look tiny) I would think that the XL would still be a great purchase to own. I've been holding out on a 3DS myself and the only thing that's still pulling me off of getting one is laziness. If you can get a good deal (which I am also looking for) then I would say that you should at least consider getting one.

Monthly fee for World Gallery? I can see this fee being removed for EU or US markets. I really don't want to subscribe to something like that.

Monthly fee for World Gallery? I can see this fee being removed for EU or US markets. I really don't want to subscribe to something like that.

The original service actually did have a paid monthly fee subscription. It was optional though. Also, the original only had regional flipnotes. To view worldwide flipnotes, you had to use the website.

Sucks.

You should try Etrian Odyssey 4. It's long and incredibly difficult, but oh so rewarding. ; _ ;

That and Fire Emblem have amazing soundtracks.

I love mine, but the problem is I haven't really gotten anything new for it in a year now. Aside from maybe Fire Emblem, I just don't know or have heard of much that'd catch my eye sadly. I have Mario Kart 7, which was probably my most regretted bought game for the system, Mario 3D Land which I couldn't stay interested in it to beat it, then the remakes of OoT and Star Fox 64 which were just nostalgia driven impulse buys, and then Kid Icarus which I still play every now and then on the john.

I just really need some solid games for it I guess, and I don't know if it's just I'm wary about buying into a completely new game I don't know about since money is pretty tight. I've been filling the gaps with some old gameboy games I used to have via virtual console as well as a handful of DS games I own, but meh. Just wish there were a constant flow of games for the system that were great and up my alley, but I guess I don't know about them if they're out there.

The next few months are looking good for the 3DS for me.  Albeit partly because Fire Emblem: Awakening and Etrian Odyssey IV aren't out yet in Europe, mind... come to that, we don't have release dates for Ikachan or Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger, either.  I'm sure they'll get here eventually (well, I'm sure the latter will, they just haven't announced it for Europe yet for some reason), but the disparity between regions is kind of curious and something they could stand to erase.  I don't see any reason why America shouldn't have Wario Land 3 yet, either (Europe got it months ago).

I've been wondering if they'll release the old Pokemon titles on the eShop, actually.  The only problem I can see is that trading would be impossible, so you wouldn't be able to complete your Pokedex unless they updated the games with some new mechanism.  Which is exactly the kind of thing I can envisage them doing.

Flipnote Direct in English! Flipnote 3D sounds fantastic, as someone who always wanted to try the original but never got to, I'm really excited for this biggrin.png Swapnote will seem pretty pointless when this and Miiverse comes out!

Edited by SuperLink

Apparently this isn't too rare, Nintendo will appeal now and that's where things get interesting.

• Thumbs Up 7