Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

They're still appealing it,  but it won't have any lasting effects, yeah. 30 million is hardly anything to panic about, and they can't stop Nintendo from selling 3DS systems.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Also, isn't it rather odd that he decided to sue Nintendo rather than Sharp? You know, the company that actually made the 3DS screen using their 3D technology that they put in their glasses free 3D TVs.

• Thumbs Up 5

I thought Flipnote Studio on DSi was a seriously neat little tool, so to have an enhanced version coming to 3DS - and for free! - well, what's not to love?

I look forward to making many a crappy 3D animation come the Summer!

I really want that Pikachu 3DS XL. 

It looks so cute. ; _ ;

Luigi's Mansion has a...

GLOW IN THE MOTHERFUCKIN DARK BOX ART

You sure that isn't Europe only?

Edited by Wolf-San

Luigi's Mansion has a...

GLOW IN THE MOTHERFUCKIN DARK BOX ART

I look forward to hearing many a story of kids waking up in the middle of the night and having the daylights scared out of them by Weegee and his ghostly crew staring back at them in the dark.

@Wolf-San: As far as I know, yes, the glow-in-the-dark cover is just for Europe. Which is fine by me, being from the UK :P

• Thumbs Up 2

So hey, when the Pikachu XL comes out Target will be selling it for $160 as opposed to $200. Just a heads-up.

Edit: this applies to the other colors as well. Dunno about the MK7 bundle.

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Photo1.jpg

Nintendo sent this out as a DKCR announcement.

May 24th - available on 3DS.

Something's wrong with the memory card that has all my virtual console games on it.

Can I redownload the games to a different memory card for free or do I have to buy them again?

I'm worried because I'm part of the Ambassador program and I'm afraid that I'll lose the free games that I got.

I just tried switching the card in my 3DS. Downloads are tied to the system, not the SD card.

Not sure about save files.

Something's wrong with the memory card that has all my virtual console games on it.

Can I redownload the games to a different memory card for free or do I have to buy them again?

I'm worried because I'm part of the Ambassador program and I'm afraid that I'll lose the free games that I got.

Licenses are tied to the 3DS itself, so you can redownload titles onto a different SD card.

I'm pretty sure save files are tied to the memory card, so you could be in trouble as far as those go.  I remember hearing about people who had to redownload all their games due to transfer errors when they upgraded to a 3DS XL, and lost all of their save data as a consequence.

You can definitely switch to a new SD card, though, and redownload all of your games to that - or, if your memory card will let you, transfer them to a new card via your computer.  I upgraded to a higher-capacity memory card a little while ago and have something like 200,000 free blocks right now.

Saves are tied to the memory card, but things like eshop titles and miis and friends lists are all tied to the system. It really makes transferring to the 3DSXL a pain in the ass. I wouldn't recommend taking the sd card and fiddling around with the files in your computer, it caused some problems when I tried that on the wii (saves became corrupted). It may not be the same for the 3DS but I wouldn't personally risk it.

Saves are tied to the memory card, but things like eshop titles and miis and friends lists are all tied to the system. It really makes transferring to the 3DSXL a pain in the ass. I wouldn't recommend taking the sd card and fiddling around with the files in your computer, it caused some problems when I tried that on the wii (saves became corrupted). It may not be the same for the 3DS but I wouldn't personally risk it.

It is. I corrupted like half my stuff when transferring them to a larger card.

Had to start over with half of my virtual console games, NSMB2, Mighty Switch Force, and Pushmo.

Edited by The Beverage

Yeah my saves are gone. I can't say that I'm completely happy but at least I don't have to buy the download rights to the games again. On the other hand this gives me an excuse to play through Wario Land 1&2 again and that's never a bad thing.

"I'm-a Wario! I'm-a gonna win!"

Edited by Vampfox

I need that Pikachu XL. 

You don't even know. I hope I get this job so I can get it x_x

I want to get that Pikachu XL for my brother as a gift. I had to sacrifice my joy by skipping the Fire Emblem 3DS, but I can at least try to make someone else happy this time.

I didn't have any trouble transferring my files to a larger sD card.  I followed the steps on the website and it all copied correctly.  You just pull the files to desktop and then straight to the new card. If you're adding music or photos, just be sure not to touch the actual 3DS files.

All my save games copied correctly.

The Pikachu XL is nice, but a bit too much for my tastes.  I'm hoping that since it finally came here, the Charizard one will turn up around Pokemon X/Y release.

I seriously doubt the Charizard one will ever hit outside of Japan. Pikachu is one thing because it's the poster character for Pokemon, but Charizard is another story.

I'm also having trouble making sure retailers will even stock this. Target has no idea it is even coming out, Gamestop does but says they're probably going to have 1 or 2 and don't know if they'll ever get more after that. The point is, this thing might be more limited than I thought.

I really hope I can snag one.