Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Technically any game that is Steam activated is already this assuming it doesn't have a limited number of installs.  Unfortunately Nintendo would need to tie them to accounts though, meaning you'd prolly need to be online to play (or at least sign in periodically to keep access to the games while out and about).

You need to be signed onto Steam and only one account can be on a PC at a time iirc. It isn't like the iOS where you can just log in, download, and play on any system you want.

I liked the PSP/PS3 set up too. 5 installs max.

You need to be signed onto Steam and only one account can be on a PC at a time iirc. It isn't like the iOS where you can just log in, download, and play on any system you want.

I liked the PSP/PS3 set up too. 5 installs max.

Some games work in offline mode, but the longer you go without signing in, the grumpier it gets at you and the less likely games are to launch, especially if they have online features.

• 4 weeks later...

Got Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I absolutely love it. I have 3-4 hours in it roughly and it seems like it's going to last a while, as I'm only up to Chapter 5. I've done some side things as well, the game just seems like it's going to have a girth of content.

I honestly love the 3DS, thus far it's a fantastic collection of Nintendo series' as well as a few 3rd party titles that are great as well. Eshop has great classics, as well as good exclusives, and the system overall has not lost its momentum since I bought it last semester. With Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Mario & Luigi 4, combined with the fact that I just bought Fire Emblem, I still regularly play Kid Icarus and there are still a bunch of Eshop titles I want, the 3DS might be the most consistently good system I've bought in a while. I'm always playing something new, and for the most part it's generally good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally got around to watching the trailer for the Dillon's Rolling Western sequel, which for some reason wasn't in the European Direct. Trains? Hell yes. I'm looking forward to this even though the next few months are kind of packed with new games to get already. Not that most of the eShop ones have European release dates yet...

According to NeoGaf there is a Nintendo 3DS Direct concerning third-party titles tomorrow.

It starts at 6am Eastern Time, and can be watched here.

Edited by Grizzly-San

According to NeoGaf there is a Nintendo 3DS Direct concerning third-party titles tomorrow.

It starts at 6am Eastern Time, and can be watched here.

I'm going to sit here and blindly prey for Sonic Rush 3 kay? Kay.

It seems to be Japan only but, I'd say it's still worth a look. Most Japanese 3rd party titles make it over here, at least 3DS wise. Except for...Bravely Default. GODDAMNIT.

I was planning to watch it regardless, I was just figuring that if there were an American one going one then I'd probably be better off watching that.

That definitely sounds worth looking into, and if they're getting into a Direct, hopefully some of these titles have an actual chance of getting to the west.  I agree that the situation with Bravely Default is silly, I'd have thought that was a shoo-in for localisation... but on the other hand, I get the impression that some of the content of that game might be a bit tricky to localise - retailer tie-ins, some sort of web integration and so on - and apparently The 4 Heroes Of Light didn't sell well, so...  Still, if this is Japan-only, then that suggests that it's way too early for them to start talking about whether any of these titles will get localised and that none of them are absolute definites for localisation.  So probably not a Sonic game, then.

Japan Direct is going on right now. Currently showing Shin Megami Tensei IV. Looks sweet as all hell.

Also, Oracle of Ages / Seasons was announced to the eShop next week and will be discounted.

How will Seasons and Ages work? Oh well.
Also, I might be buying a Wii U LAN adapter as MH3U 3DS will now have online if you have that and the 3D on that game is <3

Edited by PSI Freeze

Also, I'll be buying a Wii U LAN adapter as MH4 requires it for Online.

Seasons and Ages have a password feature in order to link them. Anyway...so MH4 has tunneling through the Wii U for online? I'll have to get an adapter before I buy it, then.

Also, I might be buying a Wii U LAN adapter as MH3U 3DS will now have online if you have that and the 3D on that game is <3

I'm sure they're work fine since they use a password system. If you try them on emulators and exchange passwords they still recognize said passwords.

Edited by Jetronic

I'm kind of hoping that the reason Seasons and Ages have taken so long to reach the eShop (then again, they're hardly alone in this - where's Shantae, for instance?) is because they've tweaked them to allow password data to be exchanged directly between the two games on the 3DS. After all, originally you could use a link cable as well, right? But I suspect in fact you'll just be limited to the password system, which I suppose is hardly obtrusive. Still, it's worth noting that it's only the Japanese release date confirmed at the moment - no word yet on when they'll appear in America and Europe.

Edited by FFWF

Seasons and Ages also has a New Game+ -esque feature with the password system it has, and it also has a few of them where it can only be linked via a link cable and either copy of the game. You can also exchange a few random things I think but it's been a while since I played them and forgetting the specifics. It's also made by Capcom and technically a third party game, so it's no wonder it would take a little longer to see release considering what could be cumbersome issues to iron out. It's great news that they are coming out though.

I'm kind of hoping that the reason Seasons and Ages have taken so long to reach the eShop (then again, they're hardly alone in this - where's Shantae, for instance?) is because they've tweaked them to allow password data to be exchanged directly between the two games on the 3DS. After all, originally you could use a link cable as well, right? But I suspect in fact you'll just be limited to the password system, which I suppose is hardly obtrusive. Still, it's worth noting that it's only the Japanese release date confirmed at the moment - no word yet on when they'll appear in America and Europe.

Well it's already been confirmed for a Westward release, just that it'll take a bit longer.

Just that we're getting these at all is worth celebration.

Edited by Grizzly-San
  • Thumbs Up 1