Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Am I the only one that feels with the new model, like the Wii and Motion plus, the second analog should have just been incorporated into the console itself?

Wow, lopsided much? I bet this will make things even more awkward when trying to keep the 3DS in that sweet-spot for 3D viewing.

any particular reason why? Just curious is all

There was no room for another slide pad inside of the system. The processor and GPU take up a lot of space.

Edited by King Of Awesome

Ninty needs to make the space than! All jokes aside, the more you know I guess. One day, in the near future or ending the life cycle of the 3DS, one with 2 pads will be released

Ninty needs to make the space than! All jokes aside, the more you know I guess. One day, in the near future or ending the life cycle of the 3DS, one with 2 pads will be released

At which point Nintendo will have decided three analogue sticks is the way of the future and the Circle Pad Uber Pro XL will be needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

BREAKING NEWS IWATA COCKBLOCKS ALL THE FLASHCARTS

tumblr_maxjo10rCP1qzpbds.jpg

You know that unexciting firmware update your 3DS automatically downloaded last week and prompted you to install when you opened your system?

It might not have seemed like much at the time — Nintendo’s changelog for version 4.4.0-10U is characteristically vague — but the update permanently blocks almost all flashcarts, according to SuperCard. They would know, being a manufacturer of these devices!

The anti-piracy measures introduced with the firmware release are such that flashcart makers cannot simply update their device’s software to circumvent the security, as they’ve done in the past. They will need to redesign and release new hardware to combat the firmware.

And users will have to purchase those new devices to replace their now obsolete ones. Many will likely never get around to doing that, which is just what Nintendo is hoping for — maybe it won’t be able to stop all piracy, but the company can aims to make it so inconvenient that most people just won’t bother with it.

It’s really impressive how effective Nintendo’s anti-piracy efforts have been on 3DS, so far avoiding the problems that plagued DS. The system has been on the market for a year and a half already, and hackers still haven’t figured out how to run commercial 3DS software (or homebrew games and apps, unfortunately) on it!

Source: http://tinycartridge...st-all-existing

Edited by Cola

From what I've read, Supercard DStwo has already updated and works with the current card blocking update. So now ball is back in Nintendo's court.

Despite giving up on flashcards years ago, this is somewhat sad news

It's more then just piracy, Nintendo ;3;

and screw you rawrs you win the damn bet you oversized dinosaur >:c

gimme ma money

gibe moni pls

First off,

A bunch of retail 3DS games are hitting the Japanese e-shopnext month. They include:

Super Mario 3D Land – 4,800 yen

Mario Kart 7 – 4,800 yen

Star Fox 64 3D – 4,800 yen

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 4,800 yen

PilotWings Resort – 4,800 yen

Mario Tennis Open Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games – 4,800 yen

The 3D Encylcopedia of Flora an Fauna – 3,800 yen

You may have heard already, but it appears that Nintendo is gearing up to start releasing some GBA games on the Nintendo e-shop. From the NoE Press Server

i_40180.jpg

We might here more about this during the Nintendo Directs later this week.

And finally some Japan news,

Japan will soon release a free app that will allow you to transfer your save data from your physical 3DS games, to your Digital ones.

Nintendo of Japan confirmed today that Nintendo will release a free eShop application that allows players to transfer their game save from a physical 3DS cartridge to their 3DS system’s memory in order to be compatible with a digital copy of the same game.

For example, let’s say you have a physical copy of Star Fox 64 3D. Then you want to purchase Star Fox 64 3D from the eShop so you don’t have to carry around the cartridge, but you’re save file with all your progress would be stuck on the game cart.

No fear, because this free application will allow you to transfer the save file on the game card to your 3DS system itself so that the file works with the digital version of the same game.

The application will release for free on the eShop in the spring, at least for Japan.

Edited by Nintendoga

Yeah, buy Pilotwings Resort as digital game for 40 bucks when it's 15 on Amazon! :P

Seriously though, I guess it's cool for some of those games, but not all.

The game file transfer thing seems pretty pointless though. I mean, why would you buy the same game twice?

Yeah, buy Pilotwings Resort as digital game for 40 bucks when it's 15 on Amazon! tongue.png

Seriously though, I guess it's cool for some of those games, but not all.

The game file transfer thing seems pretty pointless though. I mean, why would you buy the same game twice?

It would make more sense if having the physical copy would allow you to get the download also, for a greatly reduced price. I've already paid $40 or whatever for the game, but if I can switch the save file between, it might be worth it to pay another $5 for the portability.

Or maybe not. I don't have much issue with hauling games anyway; I've got the Nintendo Club's 18-chip case which fits easily into my purse or computer bag, and I'm unlikely to be traveling without at least one of them. But if I didn't have more than pocket space it might be nice to have them electronically as well. (I like having actual boxes and booklets - not that many games do the latter any more - and I've had to reload or move games on too many computers over the years to want to give up the actual physical component, not to mention the 8-10 hour download times I get on PSN when there's no option but to download. Or longer, when the DL cuts out part way and I have to start over again.)

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_mcikcsrq8w1qzp9weo1_500.png

I NEED THIS

WHY IS IT A JAPAN EXCLUSIVE

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD

*head explodes*

HOPEFULLY THIS COMES TO EUROPE LIKE THAT PIKACHU ONE

THIS ONE LOOKS SO SEXY