Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Why wouldn't Target stock it? They're the ones advertising major deals for it.

Target - $159.99

ToysRUs - $149.99

I thought the Toys R Us one was still just a rumor.

I'm talking about how limited these things seem to be. I'd like to actually be able to purchase one, haha.

A TRU employee on CheapAssGamer is saying that $150 is actually the regular 3DS price, and that the PikaXL is in there as a mistake right now. The actual PikaXL deal is more like $170 with a $20 gift card. Guess we'll see on that one, still not shabby.

A TRU employee on CheapAssGamer is saying that $150 is actually the regular 3DS price, and that the PikaXL is in there as a mistake right now. The actual PikaXL deal is more like $170 with a $20 gift card. Guess we'll see on that one, still not shabby.

That same TRU employee (if we're talking about the same person) said the ad is a misprint. This doesn't mean you can't take advantage of it at Target (Price Match) and get it for a lower price. Tee hee!

Edited by Autosaver

tumblr_mk6oleus6d1qd2mamo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mk6oleus6d1qd2mamo2_1280.jpg

So, let me tell you all a little story.

Like a few others, I saw the ad for Target that was selling these for $160. So, my mom and I leave at 9 AM, one hour after opening, to get it.

They sold out IN LESS THAN AN HOUR!

So, as today’s Sunday, we go to church but it’s not the usual time so my mom stays in the car, fixing a bunny for my niece while I go inside a different building.

I call GameStop an hour and 30 minutes before it opens and the manager, who’s an awesome guy, answers and I ask him if I can get it held and stuff. He told me he wasn’t sure if he could as he had no cashiers in and didn’t know if there were pre-orders for it, so I call again at early 11 AM. He holds one for me (They had 2).

After church, we went to GameStop but I found out they don’t price-match so I was $40 short. Thankfully, I had a DSi XL at home, so 2 hours later, we FINALLY got there and traded it in and the rest, as they say, is history.

He also told me that I bought THE LAST ONE IN MY AREA! Wal-Mart sold out at 2 AM and they had 10!

Edited by PSI Freeze
  • Thumbs Up 7

Haha! Talk about lucky! This is why I order things online for delivery. So long as I get my order in, I'm guaranteed to get whatever it is I want so long as I order before they sell out. I'd be all over that thing if I didn't already have a 3DS/actually liked Pikachu.

Edited by Blue Blood

Monster-Hunter-3DS-Bundle.jpg

Oh fucks sake I wanted a pure black 3DS XL since they were first announced, I don't want to have to get it as a limited edition bundle ;(

Also Nintendo are taking the piss with releasing GBA games now. It'd be like an instant gold mine for them, the ambassadors have had them for years now, it's about time eberybody got them.

• Thumbs Up 2

I picked mine up at Target at 8am. They only had two (which really makes "selling out" insignificant) and I managed to get the first one.

It's probably the cutest system/handheld I own.

I picked mine up at Target at 8am. They only had two (which really makes "selling out" insignificant) and I managed to get the first one.

It's probably the cutest system/handheld I own.

To be fair, I'm sure almost every store in the nation asked for those Pikachu units. Had to divide it up somehow...

EDIT: PIKACHU NIPPLES

Edited by Autosaver

Target delayed my PikaXL order to April 21st at the latest. Cancelled it and trekked out into the wild alongside my girlfriend yesterday. I had Target's ad brought up on my iPod Touch, but the employee said they probably wouldn't price match that big of a difference and I had to have the ad anyways (Despite Walmart's policy stating "Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price" and "We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad." http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee). Brought that up but the guy was just being smart and wouldn't even bother to get someone higher up. This was my local Walmart, I figured I'd have to set out a bit more but was hoping it'd go smoothly. So I headed to Charleston WV and hit up the Target there since when I checked it said it was still in stock. They sold out by the time I got there but I did manage to get a sales flier from the store to have a physical proof of the price. Headed over to the Walmart a bit up the road and got my PikaXL for $160. Good day. I love this thing a ton and now I can play 3DS games with my girlfriend since she has inherited my purple 3DS. We're also all set for Pokemon X/Y. GET HYPE

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=199094

- coming to smartphones and web browsers sometime in April or May
- 3DS version to follow at a later date
- will provide basic Miiverse functionality at first
- this includes posting comments, drawing doodles, and viewing and engaging with communities
- there will be existing games and apps on the 3DS that won't be Miiverse compatible
- Nintendo is currently taking requests from game developers for what they would like to see in the update Miiverse API

But will they be localising Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D?!  The answer... is probably not.  I imagine we'll get Dragon Quest VII, though.  What is it with Square Enix and leaving it a good year to localise portable games.  It's like they're astonished every single time the west expresses interest.

Why is it so rare to find virtual console games rated lower than 4 stars? Sonic Blast & Sonic Labyrinth both have a 4 star rating (out of 5 @_@) how is this even possible?

I hate the lack of VC games as well, there are so many amazing games they could put up but it's a constant drip feed of well, nothingness. They used to try and get a big game out every fortnight back when the Wii VC service was new, this is just lame.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I've also been wondering about why the trickle of VC games is so bloody slow on 3DS :/ what gives? I bet there are tons of devs who'd like to get their GB and GBC games on the service, it's crazy.

As for star ratings, casuals and kids are easily impressed I guess? A lot of bad games on android/apple stores also have good ratings.

Also Nintendo are taking the piss with releasing GBA games now. It'd be like an instant gold mine for them, the ambassadors have had them for years now, it's about time eberybody got them.

Yoshi's Island. Nintendo. Y u make Blaire suffer through waiting for that game to be released on any of the VCs?! ;__;

Oh fucks sake I wanted a pure black 3DS XL since they were first announced, I don't want to have to get it as a limited edition bundle ;(

You might already be appear of it by now, but it is coming soon.

Yoshi's Island. Nintendo. Y u make Blaire suffer through waiting for that game to be released on any of the VCs?! ;__;

That was an exclusive GBA title on 3DS for ambassadors. Sorry, but it won't ever be coming out publicly for 3DS at the very least. The Wii U VC is a possibility, but that service hasn't even launched yet.

Stars tend to work this way.

Bad game = 1 star

Good game = 5 stars

Just like the app store lmao.

Wait, is the Ambassador program U.S only? Because I've never heard of it till now, I want Yoshi's Island dammit! :c

Monster-Hunter-3DS-Bundle.jpg

It could be worse! at least it's packaged with a fucking awesome game 

Wait, is the Ambassador program U.S only? Because I've never heard of it till now, I want Yoshi's Island dammit! :c

It's worldwide, made for people who bought the 3DS before the huge price cut.

I must of been out of the loop since I got mine from release :c

I've forgotten exactly you access the ambassador games. All you had to do was connect to the eShop at least once before a certain date, and then you got access to them. Go check your previously downloaded/purchased titles. Even though you've not downloaded them already, they should be there. I don't think there was anything else you had to do. 

You had to register your 3DS at their website by typing certain numbers of your system's serial number on a specific webpage they set up. I don't know if it's still up.