Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

That was an exclusive GBA title on 3DS for ambassadors. Sorry, but it won't ever be coming out publicly for 3DS at the very least.

That's not true and Nintendo never said that. They merely said they had no plans to release them normally. Which while it sounds like the same, it's not.

So I posted on the Lego Video Games Facebook page, asking if Lego City The Chase Begins is coming to the 3DS eShop. I wasn't expecting them to answer, but sure enough, they did. And they said it will be coming out on the eShop too smile.png

I'm hoping it will be £29.99...

So I posted on the Lego Video Games Facebook page, asking if Lego City The Chase Begins is coming to the 3DS eShop. I wasn't expecting them to answer, but sure enough, they did. And they said it will be coming out on the eShop too smile.png

I'm hoping it will be £29.99...

more like £39.99 like every other 3DS title on demand.

more like £39.99 like every other 3DS title on demand.

ASRT was only £29.99. Plus I'm pretty sure every Lego game on 3DS is £29.99 RRP. I'll go check now...

EDIT: The RRP is in fact £29.99 according to GAME. That's good I guess.

Edited by Wil348

Don't know about the UK (I assume it's the same), but I've seen a lot of different prices. Nintendo games are usually about 44,99€, while I've seen Resident Evil Mercenaries going for 9,99€. I've seen plenty of games for 19,99€, 34,99€, 29,99€, 34,99€ and 39,99€, too, I believe.

Edited by MarcelloF

Yeah prices are a bit all over the place. Most Nintendo-published games are £39.99 and some other big games are, but there are an increasing amount of games between £20 and £30 and RE:Mercenaries is £9.

(which is about all it's worth hahaha)

ASRT was only £29.99. Plus I'm pretty sure every Lego game on 3DS is £29.99 RRP. I'll go check now...

EDIT: The RRP is in fact £29.99 according to GAME. That's good I guess.

S&ASRT was a budget game on all platforms. Even on home consoles the RRP was only £29.99, instead of the usual £39.99. LEGO games tend to be full £39.99 RRP on consoles and handhelds, minus the DS version, which usually costs £29.99. 

Does anyone know if GAME (or anywhere really) let you do the system transfer to your new 3DS if you trade in an old one? Real tempted to make the jump to the XL since I know how much better it'll feel in my hands...but I really don't want to lose my Ambassador games!

Does anyone know if GAME (or anywhere really) let you do the system transfer to your new 3DS if you trade in an old one? Real tempted to make the jump to the XL since I know how much better it'll feel in my hands...but I really don't want to lose my Ambassador games!

Do they have a special deal on at the moment or something then? Because what happened when I traded in my 3DS for an XL last year during the period where it was £100 off or something if you did, is that I had to buy the XL at full price initially, then take it home and do the system transfer, and then return to the store within a day or so with the receipt to prove I bought the XL and then upon trading in the 3DS they gave me the trade-in price as advertised in the offer.

Dunno if they'd let you do the transfer on the spot seeing as it could be a lengthy process, but it might differ from branch to branch. Only one way to find out, I guess!

Not sure about a special deal, just thought the Monster Hunter bundle looked tantalising as I haven't tried the series yet! I probably should go in and ask, but that sounds good if they let you do the transfer then give you the price the next day. Cheers dude! ^_^

Not sure about a special deal, just thought the Monster Hunter bundle looked tantalising as I haven't tried the series yet! I probably should go in and ask, but that sounds good if they let you do the transfer then give you the price the next day. Cheers dude! happy.png

No problemo, hope you manage to sort it without too much difficulty!

• Thumbs Up 1

Brain Training 3DS release date delayed
Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training won't be released this month
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/48329/brain-training-3ds-release-date-uk-delayed/

Massive eShop sale starts this week - save money on Wii U and 3DS games
Trine 2, The Cave, Mutant Mudds and Mighty Switch Force all going
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/48318/massive-eshop-sale-starts-this-week-save-money-on-wii-u-and-3ds-games/

I would agree but if Nintendo advertised this properly it could get the 3DS to DS-levels of super-success surely.

Brain Training is one of the main reasons the DS is one of the best selling consoles of all time, and I wonder if a delay would affect that success.

Fire Emblem: Awakening - next round of DLC
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=199818

Witch and Hero dated for North America
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=199820

Mamegoma Farm - more screens
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=199821

And not a single fuck was given.

But it's GOTY material D: You know you have it pre-ordered :P

Brain Training is so 2006! Good times...I remember the DS sections were filled with Brain Training shovelware. -w-

I would agree but if Nintendo advertised this properly it could get the 3DS to DS-levels of super-success surely.

Brain Training is one of the main reasons the DS is one of the best selling consoles of all time, and I wonder if a delay would affect that success.

Maybe it would bring in a fair number of sales, but I think that's quite an overstatement. The original Brain Training was released in 2005/6, and the market has changed considerably since them. It'll still sell quite well I'm sure, but not as well as back then.

Yup, just look at Nintendogs. The game that sold the DS didn't sell as well today.

So, a few days ago, an update came out for the 3DS that fixed an issue for some who updated and couldn't access settings or eShop.

That wasn't the only thing it did.

There was a rumor going around that the update also increased the systems performance. Turns out, it's true. TSSZ now reported All Stars Racing Transformed got better in the framerate department, and this along with other reports, makes me think it's true. Heck, Gens3DS now runs at 60 FPS all the time and Tales of Abyss 3DS has gotten better too in terms of battles.

I've been thinking about Nintendogs lately, I actually totally forgot it was even on 3DS.

But don't you think the main reason it didn't do well is because the system was overpriced and poorly marketed at the time? It's bizarre that there haven't been any recent pushes for Nintendogs sales or a digital release. If it was marketed now that people actually know what the 3DS is, it'd probably do really well.

Cause everyone wanted cats, but most people have absolutely no idea there's a Nintendogs sequel on 3DS.

So, a few days ago, an update came out for the 3DS that fixed an issue for some who updated and couldn't access settings or eShop.
That wasn't the only thing it did.
There was a rumor going around that the update also increased the systems performance. Turns out, it's true. TSSZ now reported All Stars Racing Transformed got better in the framerate department, and this along with other reports, makes me think it's true. Heck, Gens3DS now runs at 60 FPS all the time and Tales of Abyss 3DS has gotten better too in terms of battles.

You sure this is legit? Could just be people imagining things.

I've been thinking about Nintendogs lately, I actually totally forgot it was even on 3DS.

But don't you think the main reason it didn't do well is because the system was overpriced and poorly marketed at the time? It's bizarre that there haven't been any recent pushes for Nintendogs sales or a digital release. If it was marketed now that people actually know what the 3DS is, it'd probably do really well.

Cause everyone wanted cats, but most people have absolutely no idea there's a Nintendogs sequel on 3DS.

Tales of Abyss 3D's battles are definitely faster than they originally were.  

Edited by PSI Aqua

People on NeoGAF have actually compared updated and non-updated 3DSes side by side. It's legit, man.

Edited by Cola

I tried Generations but didn't notice much difference so far, maybe I just never paid much attention to it.

So a system update can improve the performance of many individual games that much? That's awesome, I wonder why Nintendo didn't make any fanfare about it.

(they've been too quiet on a lot of things lately)

I tried Generations but didn't notice much difference so far, maybe I just never paid much attention to it.

So a system update can improve the performance of many individual games that much? That's awesome, I wonder why Nintendo didn't make any fanfare about it.

(they've been too quiet on a lot of things lately)

I don't see why not, if they've been cleaning up code and just improving the system's performance (according to those update logs, at least)

I always just assumed an individual game's framerate/performance was more due to the cartridge than the system, but either way this is neat.

• Thumbs Up 1