Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Hm, I wonder why they listed Super Smash Bros on the USA release schedule. Chances are, that game won't be released until at least 2014.

Where the fuck is Kirby's Dream Collection in the european part of the list?! oO

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Paper Mario TBC"

It already looks like a far cry from everything I loved about PM and TTYD (although better than SPM), and Nintendo are still keeping schtum about everything and a release date. Way to kill the excitement!

I'm gonna pick up a 3DS XL on Saturday but the whole system transfer thing is becoming a frustrating obstacle. Okay so Nintendo says in order to transfer all your data to the XL you need to do the system transfer by connecting to the internet between the 3DS and the XL and afterwoods you put your current SD card into the XL afterwoods. Okay I got that, so I was hoping that I can ask to do that in store so I can trade in my current 3DS and get the XL with all the data on it.

I met a staff manager who works my local Gamestation at a friends party and I asked if I can do the system transfer at the store. He says that they won't be doing that but he said just put your SD card from your current 3DS into the XL and re-download your downloaded software from your E-Shop account. Nintendo's method is a lot more diffrent so now i'm not sure what to belive.

Then I read on Eurogamer that some retail stores such as GAME will allow you to take the XL home and do the system transfer so long as you trade in your current 3DS within 24 hours. That sounds great but depending if my local Gamestation are doing this or not i've yet to know.

So would simply putting your current SD card into the XL work and re-download everything work? Or is Nintendo's method the only way to have everything transfered over?

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

You might be able to call Nintendo and give them your old 3DS' serial number to try and transfer things but, the only effective way is to use the system transfer tool.

If you put the SD card in your new 3DS, the console wont accept the data and simply wont read it, so the Nintendo method is the only way.

Edit: ninja'd by a few secs. >__>

Edited by Thigolf

Damn. Well I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that my local Gamestation will allow a 24 hour system transfer or i'm probably gonna lose all my data. A simple trade in made frustrating due to this system.

Thanks for the help. Appersiate it.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Here's a helpful guide to how to perform the transfer If your having trouble.

Hm, I wonder why they listed Super Smash Bros on the USA release schedule. Chances are, that game won't be released until at least 2014.

Maybe It's a port?

Edited by Sora

For people about thinking of going digital with the 3DS in the future

http://mynintendonew...hysical-copies/

Same price as physical in Japan, unknown if this applies to other regions as well, but most likely.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's the e-shop price they're talking about.

3DS XL gonna have better anti-glare screen.

“Anti-reflection has been a topic every time since the Game Boy Advance system, but most of the time we had to give it up because of the cost.”
Edited by Nintendoga

I think this has been out there for a bit. So the only thing you get for getting it digital in NA is an extra 50 Club Nintendo points if you register a digital copy so you can get a neat DS game card holder and bag and a bunch of other things that are novelties at best. And if you get a certain number of points, you can be disappointed in the Gold/Plat gifts next summer.

Oh hey a reply, that means I won't have to Edit or Double Post.

Velocity developer making a game for 3DS. I don't know what Velocity is, though there's probably a guest reading this with his shirt off pumping his fist in the air yelling "SUCESS" so hats off to you.

Nintendo is bringing Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels or SMB2 (jp) to the e-shop next week!

http://www.siliconer...vels-next-week/

Japan only. Not sure if I should be happy or sad.

Even though I'm not in the UK, and I've heard "things" about GAME, this migh intrest some.

http://www.computera...CVG-General-RSS

UK retail outlet GAME has confirmed that it will be offering a trade in deal for the Nintendo 3DS XL which is due for release in the UK on Saturday. For those of you willing to part with your original Nintendo 3DS you can pick up the larger model for £79.99.

And a 3DS XL commercial from Nintendo UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMA_eJIgTc0&feature=player_embedded

Makes me want to get a 3DS XL. Still thinking about it, but might just stick with my 3DS for now.

Edited by Nintendoga

Oh hey a reply, that means I won't have to Edit or Double Post.

And a 3DS XL commercial from Nintendo UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMA_eJIgTc0&feature=player_embedded

Makes me want to get a 3DS XL. Still thinking about it, but might just stick with my 3DS for now.

For someone like me that never bought the 3DS the first time around I will be purchasing the XL. It took a month long worth of soul searching to come to that decision. The bigger screen and slightly longer battery life was a major factor into the decision.

I just wanna know if my local GAME will let me transfer my old 3DS data. If they do that I'll gladly trade in and invest. But I'm not losing all my Ambassador Games, Mii Plaza data and everything else for a bigger screen. >_>

Edited by Zero-Boom

I must have this, I truly must, and basically if anyone else is aware of this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thought you'd have to take it apart to get this fitted but by the looks of things they just took the back off. I want it too but what worries me is, does it cause strain on the 3DS? Does it make it liable to brickage sooner than if you don't use it?

In other news the 3DS XL is out today, sadly I cancelled my pre-order because I ran out of money and have to wait about two weeks before I can afford to buy one. Those who are getting one, have fun.

Edited by Major Ziggy

I'll probably try and get one today, only if I can transfer all my stuff over first though. I heard GAME let you do that, so if my local toy store won't, I might wait until Monday since I have a GAME near to where I work, but not locally.

I wish they'd have released a pink XL. My sister is getting a 3DS for her birthday in October and I could've convinced her to get that one instead :-/

I mean, I might be able convince her to get the red or blue (By saying it's the color of Leia's lightsaber in the books), but that would be too selfish/assholish, even for me :-/

The Angry Birds Trilogy price was revealed. $29,99 for 3DS and 39,99 for Xbox 360/PS3.

That is just... hilarious. "Let's add 3D, streetpass, cutscenes and animate the background, so we can put a price tag on it that's 27 bucks more expensive than the other versions!" Hahaha, NO.

It is regrettable that the DS is dragging on the 3DS the same way that the PS2 dragged on the Wii - 'rather than making two games that make optimum use of their respective consoles we'll just knock the better system back until the lesser one can handle it' has become 'the better system can play all the games the lesser one can play, so we'll just put all the potential money makers on the lesser one to give us the biggest install base'. Looking at total play time, play frequency, and average play time, the top 10 on my 3DS includes Pokemon White (DS), Professor Layton & the Last Specter(DS), Pokemon Conquest (DS), and Okamiden(DS). To be sure, Mario 3DLand, Sonic Generations and OOT are on there as well, but for a significant percentage of the time I spend on my device, I am not doing anything the old one can't do. Which is rather sad. NSMB2 will help, but soon after come Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 - which are DS games, again.

I can appreciate the reasoning, but it does rather hinder the new system's expansion, as well as furthering the confusion that it ISN'T just another model of DS. Why pay more for a 3DS when 'all' the games can be played just fine on the cheaper model?

• Thumbs Up 1

Picked up Samurai Warrior Chronicles for $10. Played for an hour and if you're into mashing your way through a bunch of mooks, I'd say it's pretty fun if you can find it cheap.

Hrm, thought someone would've mentioned this already.

Rare has no plans for the 3DS, but it's possible

http://mynintendonew...t-its-possible/

Q: Dear Gods of Gaming known as Rare,

Do you plan to make any games for the 3DS? I think a Banjo game would be perfect for the 3DS marketplace with other platformers of its kind, like Super Mario 3D Land, and Kid Icarus. I know me and a lot of long time Rare fans would make it their top priority to get the game. In fact, I’d even buy a 3DS just for the game itself. Thanks for at least looking at this, love you guys long way. Happy 30th, bros.

Sincerely,

Tyler Robinson

A: 30 years! Blimey. Well, it is if you include Ultimate – it’ll be 2015 if we’re going from the birth of Rare, or 2017 from Rare’s first console release (aw yeah, go Slalom).

No 3DS plans have been announced, and I’ve heard nothing along those lines, though of course that’s not an outright denial as there are bound to be all sorts of things going on at a high management level that most of us know nothing about (and, conversely, things we do hear that are apparently not true at all – those personal hovercrafts are taking far longer than expected). So that’s the best you’ll get for now. Thanks for the reminder to nick my son’s 3DS and have a stab at Kid Icarus though.

oMfVz.gif

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who cares either way? Isn't pretty much everyone who worked at Rare when they were making games that people liked gone by now?

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 3

So guys, I need your opinions. Is the 3DS XL worth getting? I already have a 3DS (and have had one since launch) which has served me fine, but having had a go on a 3DS XL in my local GAME store I just can't get over how much nicer the newer model feels. Were I a first-time buyer, I'd have no hesitation going for the XL, but as it stands I don't know if I can justify paying £170+ for a console which is exactly the same but with bigger screens and a more ergonomic feel. I could always trade in my current 3DS to knock the price down a bit, but I'd rather not as I can still see myself using it from time to time, hence the dilemma... if only Nintendo had given the XL just one more distinguishing feature, just one, then I might be able to justify it to myself like with the jump from DS Lite to DSi. Dammit. :lol:

So guys, I need your opinions. Is the 3DS XL worth getting? I already have a 3DS (and have had one since launch) which has served me fine, but having had a go on a 3DS XL in my local GAME store I just can't get over how much nicer the newer model feels. Were I a first-time buyer, I'd have no hesitation going for the XL, but as it stands I don't know if I can justify paying £170+ for a console which is exactly the same but with bigger screens and a more ergonomic feel. I could always trade in my current 3DS to knock the price down a bit, but I'd rather not as I can still see myself using it from time to time, hence the dilemma... if only Nintendo had given the XL just one more distinguishing feature, just one, then I might be able to justify it to myself like with the jump from DS Lite to DSi. Dammit. laugh.png

I'm in the boat you mention of not having a 3DS in the first place. I guess for you it all boils down to would that big screen and battery life be worth it.