Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Wait, what? You can find Super Mario Bros. in Yoshi's Island? Where?

Are you sure you're not just talking about the regular Mario Bros. game? That was bundled in as an extra on all the GBA rereleases anyway.

Is there any way to save the Nintendo Video videos? I want to save the 25th anniversary concert videos >_>

Nope. There's no way of saving them.

f_hell_yea_card-p137994298350043481zvw9x_400.jpg

The 3ds is finally getting it's messaging app this Thursday!......for Europe. Other Regions will be announced soon (a.k.a. next week probably.)

http://3dsware.nintendolife.com/news/2011/12/3ds_finally_gets_messaging_with_nintendo_letter_box_this_week

Nintendo 3DS owners in Europe can download the free Nintendo Letter Box application on the eShop from this Thursday.

The messaging application arrives as part of the Nintendo Download and lets you send messages via StreetPass and SpotPass. You can write or draw in 2D or 3D and include sound effects and photos too.

We'll have news on a North American release as soon as it arrives.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh cool, they've added another should-have-been-day-one feature to the system?

Bloody hell..

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow, at the rate of these updates, in about a year and a half, Nintendo might just have released a system that handles online interaction somewhat competently!

Woo...

According to Swedish gaming site Loading, Capcom reports Monster Hunter 3G has sold over a million copies in its first week and a half in Japan.

Out of roughly 3.2 million units sold in Japan that means one third of Japan's 3DS population has Monster Hunter. Naturally.

I'm totally going to draw a crudely-shaped peni-peni on the first day and send it to Carbo, complete with "Happy holidays!" underneath.

You better not let me down.

Oh cool, they've added another should-have-been-day-one feature to the system?

Bloody hell..

Better late than never. :P

So I've been playing Shantae, really enjoying it. Has anyone played Mighty Switch Force? And if so, how is it?

I still think the Letterbox app is pretty clunky. You can only handwrite. You can't use any kind of on-screen keyboard to type. And you have to manually check for new messages (I think?), rather than them just coming down (I hope I'm wrong).

I still think the Letterbox app is pretty clunky. You can only handwrite. You can't use any kind of on-screen keyboard to type. And you have to manually check for new messages (I think?), rather than them just coming down (I hope I'm wrong).

• Thumbs Up 1

Steel Diver and Pilotwings on sale for $5 at Best Buy.

I've heard these games are a bit light on content, but for less than an eShop game, they should definitely be worth it.

Pilotwings- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pilotwings+Resort+-+Nintendo+3DS/2290331.p?id=1218318236550&skuId=2290331

Steel Diver- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Steel+Diver+-+Nintendo+3DS/2290368.p?id=1218318235771&skuId=2290368

Swap note is out, as well as "Mighty Switch Force" from Wayforward. Which reminds of Megaman, and the main character even dies like Megaman and Samus combined, she loses her outfit and then explodes.

Edit: "Mighty switch force" is fun btw, I don't know how long the game is though but I'm really liking it.

Edited by Jetronic

I've been enjoying Letterbox so far. smile.png But I am confused by Nintendo's logic-you need 15 Play Coins to unlock recordings? In a FREE messaging app? Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

But yeah... I just need more friends to send the Sonic pictures I've drawn on it to. X3

Edited by Christmas Doggy

How do you unlock recordings? And is it 15 play coins every time you want to use a recording, or just a one-off 15 to buy the feature?

How do you unlock recordings? And is it 15 play coins every time you want to use a recording, or just a one-off 15 to buy the feature?

Every time I sent a new message something unlocks. Try sending some new messages.

YOu don't even need to send messages to unlock stuff - in fact I didn't even have to make new messages - I kept editing one as I unlocked new features and then it'd unlock something else when I was done.

Dunno whether it costs 15 play coins every time and won't be finding out any time soon since I've been spending them on StreetPass Quest II.

I'm guessing it is every time though, as a control method to limit people to 1 recording every 2 days and thus ease the burden on uploading to servers.

Kind of lame really, I'd much rather they just said "you can only send one message with a recording per day" and be overt about it. I have much more fun things to spend Play Coins on.

They seriously need to remove the "maximum of 10 per day" limit with the amount this new wave of games is asking for.

15 for the unlock and then you can add sound to any after.

Just like the 5 per different skin; it's just to unlock it forever. Stupid move but it could have been dumber (just barely).

Still, how/ where do you actually unlock these things? I can't even seem to find the option for them.