Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

well, StarFox 64 3D, Loz Oot 3D, Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7 are a few. Also don't forget about the games coming out in a few months, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Kid Icarus Uprising for example.

First year for consoles are always slow, and barely have any "amazing games" until the beginning/middle of the 2nd year.

Not sure if I would personally classify those titles as "for the hardcore gamer." Mario Kart 7 (if it shapes up to be like MKWii) and Luigi's Mansion 2 are examples. Maybe my opinion on "Hardcore" games are jaded due to the fact that I mainly play online multiplayer games such as fighters, FPS's and 3rd person shooters. I'm actually surprised you didn't mention the 3DS version of SSFIV, wouldn't that classify as a "hardcore" title unless you were just naming Ninty titles.

I don't think a pair of remakes (and basically nothing else for the next 8 months) really justifies the statement being made.

Not sure if I would personally classify those titles as "for the hardcore gamer." Mario Kart 7 (if it shapes up to be like MKWii) and Luigi's Mansion 2 are examples. Maybe my opinion on "Hardcore" games are jaded due to the fact that I mainly play online multiplayer games such as fighters, FPS's and 3rd person shooters. I'm actually surprised you didn't mention the 3DS version of SSFIV, wouldn't that classify as a "hardcore" title unless you were just naming Ninty titles.

well I like to qualify "hardcore" as games made for gamers who love to play games, not for FPS shooters only. FPS games like Halo, Crysis 2, and Dead Space are there too, but are for more mature gamers. so yeah, those games could qualify for hardcore.

Also I was namin Ninty only titles. there are some hardcore games for the 3ds.

I don't think a pair of remakes (and basically nothing else for the next 8 months) really justifies the statement being made.

yea, there's also this too. I'm all up for "re-releases/makes" but new doesn't hurt either

well I like to qualify "hardcore" as games made for gamers who love to play games, not for FPS shooters only. FPS games like Halo, Crysis 2, and Dead Space are there too, but are for more mature gamers. so yeah, those games could qualify for hardcore.

Also I was namin Ninty only titles. there are some hardcore games for the 3ds.

Ok, got'cha got'cha. My opinion, however, doesn't just stand for FPS's though, even though I believe the scene is a bit overrated. I mainly play fighters such as UMvC3, SF, BB, and etc. I haven't really sat down and played a single player game in a while asides from a few, like UC3, but I still haven't even beaten it XD. Single player tends to keep my attention for so long. It took me like 8 months to beat the first Dead Space cause I only played it like once a month XD

Edited by LunarEdge

k then, here's some other games.

Dead or Alive, Ridge Racer, F1 2011, Need for Speed, Resident Evil, Samurai Warriors, Shinobi, and Splinter Cell are some hardcore 3ds games.

Unless you mean Nintendo only, then Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

Edited by Saint Mike Dawson

I meant Nintendo only because that is what was relevant to the discussion.

Like I said, Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

Like I said, Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

That wouldn't really sell it for me personally. Although at least 3rd party is strong.

Those 2 are enough to sell the system, apparently, considering the sudden massive spike in sales.

Which is something I will never truly understand. People tend to bend over and accept it when it comes to Mario for whatever reason. I know the guy is iconic and the games, at most of the time, are fun, they aren't console/handheld sellers for me.

Edited by LunarEdge

Which is something I will never truly understand. People tend to bend over and accept it when it comes to Mario for whatever reason. I know the guy is iconic and the games, at most of the time, are fun, they aren't console/handheld sellers for me.

There's a big difference between games you aren't interested in and a game that is a system seller.

You also act as if Mario is the only series that holds rights in making people take it up the ass, as you imply.

One thing definately holds true with the 3DS in its current state.

The massive lack of 3rd party games I would like to play. Currently, the only games I actually want to play on the system are Mark Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, both of which are Nintendo first-party titles.

I wanna get Bust A Move (Or Puzzle/Bubble Bobble? The name seems to change so often @_@) for it. Always loved the games.

Also, I'd like a Qix similar to Qix HD for 3DS. That would be great. I should get the Game Boy version for it, too. Another game I always loved as a kid.

There's a big difference between games you aren't interested in and a game that is a system seller.

You also act as if Mario is the only series that holds rights in making people take it up the ass, as you imply.

I love Mario games, I adore them actually, I plan on getting Mario 3D when I actually get a 3DS, but Mario has never been a console seller for me and never will be. None of the Mario games in the past did it for me enough to warrant a buy on a whole console on the release of the game.

I know Mario isn't the only game people take it up da ass for, but personal experience, online conversation, and etc show that this isn't far from true.

Not to mention a game like Mario 3D should have been available during the release of the 3DS itself, just my personal opinion.

Edited by LunarEdge

The new 3DS update has arrived, take out that handheld and download it now.

Edit: Nintendo Zone added, and Mii plaza stuff. Spot pass and new Mii quest, I shall pierce the heavens in the new mii quest, brb.

Edit 2: Nintendo...I hate you so much right now

20111206205159.jpg

both of them are your "daughters".

Edit 3: All my rage

20111206205556.jpg

Edit 4: Branching pathways and stuff

20111206210358.jpg

Edited by Jetronic

Nintendo's really pissing me off with this new update to Puzzle Swap. Thank god we can get new pieces by Spotpass now, by two things.

*I understand the pink puzzles, so people can't abuse them and all, but why the fuck would you make so many pieces pink? I barely get a streetpass around here, so it's gonna take me months, hell maybe even a year before I can get all the pink pieces.

*Second, why did they increase the number of Pieces to collect? It used to be 15, now it's 35. what the fuck? The only way I can let them off for this is if they fixed it so when you use play coins on your puzzles, you don't waste coins on the same damn puzzles. It took me like 200 coins just for 15 pieces, so what's 35 coins gonna come up to? 1000 or some shit?

Everything else is cool.

Achievements? That's great. They may not be necessary, but they are fun. Can't wait for them to spread to normal games.

And getting Streetpasses from 10 different countries will be hard ohmy.png I have at most maybe 5. And that's only because of Gamescom.

Edit: I just checked and I have Miis from 9 different countries! From:

Germany,

Netherlands,

Belgium,

France,

USA,

Poland,

UK,

Luxembourg and

Switzerland

And I just found out there's a place called Flanders in Belgium. I bet it's stupid and sexy.

Edited by Christmas MaRCELLOF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh man new streetpass quest is awesome. Where is the new Puzzle Swap though? Right now it's just the same "View Progress" I usually get due to having completed it. I realise my gathered Miis I've been saving wouldn't have pieces anyway but yeah.

Oh man new streetpass quest is awesome. Where is the new Puzzle Swap though? Right now it's just the same "View Progress" I usually get due to having completed it. I realise my gathered Miis I've been saving wouldn't have pieces anyway but yeah.

Go to get new pieces, I believe. I recieved a Mario Kart 7 puzzle, plus one free piece. BUT GOD DAMN IS IT A BIG PUZZLE

Well I'm popping into town sometime this week so hopefully I'll nab a new piece from a spotpass point at GAME if they have one.

Congratulations! You bought the same puzzle piece 3 times!

Congratulations! You missed with a Sword attack three times in a row!

Is Nintendo trying to piss me off?

But in other news, there are already several demos available in the eShop for Japan.

http://nintendoevery...japanese-eshop/

Japanese 3DS owners have been given an extra treat along with tonight’s system update, as the first round of demos are now available. There are trial versions for Monster Hunter Tri G, Cooking Mama 4, Puyo Puyo, Crayon Shin-chan 3DS, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, and a few others on the eShop. Hopefully overseas gamers will see some demos soon as well!
Edited by Saint Mike Dawson

So I've noticed that some of the "Accomplishments" are based on 3DS content, not necessarily download/cartridge games themselves. I'm guessing any future physical/download game will have these Accomplishments?

Edited by LunarEdge