Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Had a lot of fun with swapping letters with people on the Swapnote/Letterbox.

On another note I'm tempted to call Mighty Switch Force the only game absolutely worth having on the 3DS so far.

It's so good.

I've been having fun making little stories with Letterbox. Only being able to have 4 boxes and having limited ink is kind of annoying, though.

Edited by Christmas MaRCELLOF

On another note I'm tempted to call Mighty Switch Force the only game absolutely worth having on the 3DS so far.

I've been having fun making little stories with Letterbox. Only being able to have 4 boxes and having limited ink is kind of annoying, though.

I also find it a bit annoying that you can't reply to a reply, so to speak. So you can never have 'conversations'.

I also find it a bit annoying that you can't reply to a reply, so to speak. So you can never have 'conversations'.

No idea. I can only go online with it sometimes, so I haven't been able to send anything yet.. But that sounds kind dumb. There should be an online Pictochat type thing..

Also, if anyone wants to send me a message or anything my Friend code is this: 2535-3762-9083

Not sure how often I'll be able to be online, though.

Edited by Christmas MaRCELLOF

http://andriasang.co...lc_fire_emblem/

Aaaaannnnnnddddd there goes what Nintendo said about their plans for being "good" with DLC.

Edit: Erm... maybe not...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114274-Nintendos-DLC-Wont-Compromise-Complete-Experience

Though I still detest hearing about companies having DLC planned this far in advance just so they can weasel out extra cash...

Edited by E-25

I thought they said Nintendo DLC was going to be free though. And what defines a "complete experience" to them could quickly change from what they think it is now, with things that were once bonuses for beating the game becoming DLC. While it might be unfair to start complaining right now, I could easily see something like Mario 3D Land's special worlds being counted as a "Hard mode" or "Remixed Levels" DLC.

Edited by Ekaje

I believe it depends on the type of DLC. I would assume DLC chapters would cost something but, things like additional characters will not.

Which is funny, because neither kind of DLC should have to charge. Valve have more than doubled the amount of content in Left 4 Dead 2 for free* and that's to say nothing of Team Fortress 2...

*If you're playing on PC.

Valve doesn't need to charge for their own DLC that's inside of their own platform when they manage to return so much profit from Steam, and if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo were intending on doing the same with the 3DS. It's really only their own, generous choice.

It'd be a bit silly to assume that certain amounts of DLC shouldn't be payed for. Particularly well produced DLC that's been thrown into games like Mass Effect 2, Duke Nukem Forever and Gears of War aren't just cut outs from campaigns but game extenders that people put hard work to develop. It's when people start going by the model of games like Saints Row the Third which cuts out so much shit like weapons and such from the game, only to sell it back, or your typical map pack DLC when it's less of a service and more disservice.

• Thumbs Up 2

...I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

But I would like to add my friend code into the mix if anyone would like to add me. :)

Friend Code: 2320 6238 1537

...I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

Same here...

I also posted on the Generations topic, but here's my 3DS Friend Code so anyone can add me:

0173-1807-0762

One strange thing I've noticed with Nintendo Letter box is that sometimes letters will turn up, claiming to have been sent days ago. My brother sent me a message yesterday which then said it had been sent the day before, and similarly I've had messages with incorrect dates even though they were sent on the day I got them.

Anyone else had this?

One strange thing I've noticed with Nintendo Letter box is that sometimes letters will turn up, claiming to have been sent days ago. My brother sent me a message yesterday which then said it had been sent the day before, and similarly I've had messages with incorrect dates even though they were sent on the day I got them.

Anyone else had this?

It must be Steins;Gate a work. The 3DS might be a portal to the past!

• Thumbs Up 3

So I'm just wondering.... does Nintendo do 3DS eShop cards in video game stores in the UK at all? I went to my local Grainger Games and GAMESTATION which they told me they don't have any 3DS eshop cards but DSi points cards which I believe they don't work on (I'm quite unsure being a new 3DS owner) ... which I thought would have because I don't wanna use my card on the store (Lack of monies anyway :P) but I'm still curious if they do 3DS eShop cards ?

I had a quick question for you guys. Getting my gf a 3DS for xmas and putting money away so I can get one in the near future, I had a question that is of great concern.

I went to best buy the other day with a few friends and I wanted to get my gf a 3DS points card so she can download games off the Nintendo Online shop via the 3DS. My question is, if I were to get her this 3DS points card, can she purchase games that originally came out for the DSi store with it? Such as Shantae?

I had a quick question for you guys. Getting my gf a 3DS for xmas and putting money away so I can get one in the near future, I had a question that is of great concern.

I went to best buy the other day with a few friends and I wanted to get my gf a 3DS points card so she can download games off the Nintendo Online shop via the 3DS. My question is, if I were to get her this 3DS points card, can she purchase games that originally came out for the DSi store with it? Such as Shantae?

Yep. the 3DS' eshop has games from the DSi's shop and original titles to go with the 3DS, along with many classic games (some in 3D)

Edited by New Year's Cero

Regarding points cards:

I've seen them in my local Sainsbury's, actual eShop cards rather than the old Nintendo Points, in both £10 and £25 values.

And yes, most DSiWare games are available in the 3DS eShop as well. Shantae is definitely there.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the 3DS has finally sold 4 million units, more then the ds sold in it's first year I think. This is mostly due to Mario Kart 7 & Mario 3D land, which have both sold 1 million units.

Also, The Vita is coming closer, and even though it's a tad bit overpriced, It's many launch games/ hardware specifics are enough to put the 3ds back in last place. Let's hope not, but we'll see.

(I'm on my phone in a laggy area, so excuse my poor text)

• Thumbs Up 1