Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Wait, what? How old were they? Why would they do that? D:

I dunno she wasn't a child anyway. She looked really bored.

After pre-ordering the figure six pack, I told myself "no more Sonic stuff for the month". Then I spotted the old 1993 Topps trading card set on ebay, remembered that I used to own a few and always had wanted the full set, so I bought it. Now I write about it here so I don't feel bad for impulse buying.

21bbbckl21bmk7e28kgrhgo.jpg

Tell me I did good! :(

• Thumbs Up 3

Owww nice cards

Well anyway... lets look at my new toot.

So I went into forbidden planet London, and found some Jazzwares figures that you can't get in my town, I picked up a werehog one and a Silver figure... now... you know how these Jazzware figures have a lot of points of articulation? Sometimes when the machine puts them into the packaging they can twist and turn, usually it's the heads or hands that get put out of shape... Well... I found one that has a bit of a problem, this is a sealed box, nobody has tampered with it, and I'm quite suprised it made it through quality control.

silverp1.jpg

Pingas silver... has PIngas chop action!

Well anyway...

As we all know SOS has just been and it was a chance to pick up some new and different stuff. Since Nigel Dobbyn was there doing free sketches I wanted to get something a bit different, I said hello and he smiled and said hello to me, this was the exact conversation.

"I have a bit of a strange request"

"You want me to take my clothes off?"

I laughed and said

"No, no... feel free to say no I'll completely understand, I was wondering if you could draw me Knuckles... punching Judge Dread in the face."

Nigel slowly put his head in his hand and stayed there for a moment, I then said...

"If it's a bit too silly, can I have a Sonic instead?"

Nigel paused for a moment... took out a pencil and a piece of paper, and drew me this.

knucklesvsjudge.jpg

This is without doubt, one of the greatest things I now own in my collection. I kinda wish he'd given Knuckles the line "Whose the law now buster!" or something, but it's still quite the epic picture. Also... how cool would it have been, a cross-over with Knuckles fist-fighting Judge Dread! YEAH!

I then bought Nigels prints that he had done and some original art.... I gave him a little bit extra as a thanks for the sketch, even though it was free, he really does wonders for his fans so I was more than happy to give him a little extra.

Now some video stuff...

This video shows off my new custom Sonic shirt, some of you who went to SOS might recognise it, I got a lot of comments whilst wearing this, one guy wanted my photo, but I was just about to go onstage for BuzzBombers, I couldn't find him afterwards but I would have been more than happy to post for pics.

Also in the video is the Silver figure. STC Poster Mag number 9 (one of the very rarest issues) signed by Nigel Dobbyn. A couple of CDs that I had Crush 40 sign, again very pleased with this, and yes I know that Jun didn't work on that specific CD, but if it wasn't for Jun, that CD wouldn't exist, so I really wanted him to sign that. I also got some STC's from T-Birds stall, although why I didn't get Nigel to sign them I don't know... I got them mainly down to the free gifts, I don't have the free gifts for issue 178 and I'm not sure about the condition of the others free gifts, so I was happy to pick up them.

The rest of that video is the SOS goody bag (the archie comic, door hanger and all the other bits and bobs inside it) and the metal Sonic figure/packaging.

The next one shows off the original artwork I picked up, I'd give it a watch if you like STC strips because you'll find out the reasons why I picked up those particular ones, and the reasons might suprise you a little and of course a few close ups of the new prints that Nigel made for SOS and the sketch he did for me.

So yeah... I think that about covers it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just found this the other day at a F.Y.E. store and it made me extremely happy. I've wanted a Sonic blanket for a long time now, and the design on it is completely awesome!

sonic_blanket.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

AT LAST !

Jazwares figures in Belgium :D

The shop didn't have all of them, but I bought the ones I wanted the most: the big Metal Sonic figure and 3 tiny Silver the Hedgehog.

metallix.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I just found this the other day at a F.Y.E. store and it made me extremely happy. I've wanted a Sonic blanket for a long time now, and the design on it is completely awesome!

sonic_blanket.jpg

I saw that last week at an FYE as well. They also had a Sonic snuggie! lol, it really was quite lame. The blanket = awesome, Sonic the Snuggie = lame all blue snuggie with a small image of Sonic on the back.

Once it gets colder out, I'll have to get the blanket. 100 degree heat does not make for blanket buying.

I was hoping for a snuggie, I know what I want for Xmas :D

Behold!

HNI_0053.jpg

About time! All I need now is transparent blue Sonic and Amy :D

( Check out some pics of new Toys R Us gear here : )

Right, just got these two posters this morning. :)

Image078.jpg

Closeups (taken before I put them on my wall):

Image077.jpg

Image076.jpg

I've got the Sonic and Knuckles Jack in the box toys. The knuckles is outright odd... no question about it. I wondered though if the Knuckles toy was like a candy case thing since it looks like the head/dreadlocks can come off.

That's a REALLLLLY nice poster you've got there, Mahzes. Maybe if I'm lucky I can score one on Ebay.

You could try this place, cause they have the poster for only £3/$4.70 and I'm pretty sure they ship outside of Europe (it'll cost you though).

Don't Play.com ship worldwide anyway? Not sure if postage is still free if they do, mind.

EDIT: They do, but only DVDs, CDs, games and books, so posters are a no-go. D:

EDIT: Also, IT'S NO USE!!

Image079.jpg

And yes, I could easily have (and was tempted to) turn his waist to make him a PINGAS EDITION. Be thankful I didn't. :lol:

Edited by Mahzes

AT LAST !

Jazwares figures in Belgium :D

The shop didn't have all of them, but I bought the ones I wanted the most: the big Metal Sonic figure and 3 tiny Silver the Hedgehog.

They're my favourites too! :)Mahzes got me Silver (along with the 5" Black Knight version of Sonic) and I picked up 10" Metal Sonic last week!

Great choices, and glad you finally landed them! Enjoy!

Point to Adamis - I love that picture you took of Silver looking up at the giant Metal. Makes me laugh every time....

Image076.jpg

Just got this myself just trying to find out where to put it thats all. By the way would any of you think that this could have been the poster that we could have gotten with the sticker books earlier this year? I think so cause its using the majority of new CG images from the sticker album but of course I'm probably wrong..........again -_-'.

Just got this myself just trying to find out where to put it thats all. By the way would any of you think that this could have been the poster that we could have gotten with the sticker books earlier this year? I think so cause its using the majority of new CG images from the sticker album but of course I'm probably wrong..........again -_-'.

I think you might be right. Also note that all those characters have pages in the book, mind you, it does lack metal sonic and some other enemies.

I think it might be slightly modified, but you've got a good point. :)

Although, I don't know if this makes a difference, but the Sonic, Shadow, Amy and Eggman used in the poster come from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing... yet Knuckles and Big, who also had new art created for that game, are different? Ah, who knows what goes on behind-the-scenes, eh?!

Nice to see Silver counted in a "main cast" poster, too. Let's see more of him in future games! :)