Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

2 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Wait so Vandalize is effectively the BAD ending theme? That's kind of hilarious.

From what I understand, there's not a bad ending, per se. Just the post-credits scene is only shown if you beat the game on hard mode. (Can't confirm this yet, but the true final boss is definitely hard-mode exclusive)

6 minutes ago, light-gaia said:

I don't have a problem with how Frontiers handle the alternative endings because it's Just like Kingdom Hearts do

Not exactly. In Kingdom Hearts, it's only in Beginner Mode where you won't get to see every ending. For all other difficulties, the harder it is, the easier and less you have to do to unlock it. On Standard, you basically have to 100% the whole game. On Proud, you'll need to do a few extra things, but not nearly as far. On Critical, you automatically get to see it upon beating the game because Critical is already difficult enough as it is due to it's premise.

This is, admittedly, very weird how Frontiers handled it. But you can change difficulties anytime with no consequences, so you could play the whole game on th asiest difficulty and then switch to Hard for the final boss and still get the full ending. So, it's not that bad but...also needlessly weird? At least now I know why I didn't hear Vandalize since I played on Hard the whole way through.

Anyways, gonna check out Arcade Mode real quick and then hop into Genshin.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, the first video game I ever played (Lost World: Jurassic Park - Chaos Island) locked 2 levels behind hard mode so its nothing new for me.

The biggest problem that it poses is that casual gamers, and moreso reviewers, will almost assuredly experience just the anticlimactic ending without a clue there is another. It will be "the" ending for the game that they know of and remember, and as a result will effect their opinion of the game.

For obsessed Sonic fans like us it's not a big deal, but it does have consequences.

• Thumbs Up 5

Found this image of a tweet thread on Resetera relating to Islands 4 and 5, figured you guys might find it interesting.

Posting full image in spoilers as it's large

Spoiler

fl7ZLjb.jpg

Yeah, won't even lie, I had to do a double take when I got to Rhea and was like "What the-- I'm here again? No wait, the layout is different and there's a lot less trees. Music is diffrent, too. Did they just reuse assets from Kronos or am I seeing things?"

And then I got to Ouranos and it didn't even have different music and I wnt "Okay yeah, they're totally doing it. This is basically the first island, but Hard Mode." Even found Kunoichi and figured that she was the final and hardest form of the Ninja class robots. She fought hard enough to seem like it.

Then I went further and found Master Ninja. Made me glad I maxed out Speed and got attack and defense to 47 before reaching that point. Thing hits like a Titan.

Also, Big is the real MVP for my playthrough. I had a tn of purple coins and found his portal on the last island, so I sat there and fished with him and bought a bunch of Keys along with othr stuff, so I got all of the Emeralds on the last island instantly and only did the first Cyberspace level there. lmao. Thanks Big.

• Thumbs Up 1

Koco spoilers:

Spoiler

So did we ever find out what the deal is with their "rock" bodies? Are they just recordings of the beings they were before, endlessly playing on loop to relive their lives they lost?

We already have mods being made whoa 

2 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Also, Big is the real MVP for my playthrough. I had a tn of purple coins and found his portal on the last island, so I sat there and fished with him and bought a bunch of Keys along with othr stuff, so I got all of the Emeralds on the last island instantly and only did the first Cyberspace level there. lmao. Thanks Big.

Heard that Big's fishing is very powerful for things like leveling up, so between this and that, it feels like Big is truly the god of Sonic's World

• Nice Smile 1

I am trying to avoid spoilers but was just checking the thread quickly, and the lack of both cyberspace and island variety is really the biggest bummer i have, it bites a lot tbh. Other than that, seems there are lots of people who got to play and even finish the game.

So how long would you say the actual playtime of the game? I think that is the determining factor of me buying the game right now or not. Does it really takes 20 hours or was that an overestimation and the actual game is like 10 hours? Or even 5 or something if you know what you are doing?

There does not even seems to be a ng+ or anything to do after the main game let alone a 100 percent completion bonus. Honestly i don't know why they could not at least snuck in some more level and island variety and some bare bones completion bonus/smth to do after the game considering they had 5 years to make the game. Oh well. I feel like i will still have fun and enjoy the story, and as long as they can improve these issues by next game i can give them some slack as this is their first attempt at such a game.

8 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Heard that Big's fishing is very powerful for things like leveling up, so between this and that, it feels like Big is truly the god of Sonic's World

Yeah, I bought a whole bunch of Koco and maxed out Sonic's speed (Which took forever caue it happens one level at a time) so that was great. Max speed basically puts you in permanent "Movie Sonic" mode, so you already have the eletric blue boost. Ring cap no longer needs to be reached and nothing happens when you do.

I actually kept my ring cap at level 1 for the whole game until the final island since I had a feeling I might need more rings for the final Titan. I almost ran out against Knight because it took me awhile to realize what the game wanted me to do in the last phase with the Beyblade.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zenmai_no said:

Does it really takes 20 hours or was that an overestimation and the actual game is like 10 hours?

I hit 17 hours and 48 minutes before I finished. I'd say that's pretty close.

I think the one thing I'm diappointed with is that there's doesn't seem to be a Super Sonic to mess around on the islands with. That would've been really fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Not exactly. In Kingdom Hearts, it's only in Beginner Mode where you won't get to see every ending. For all other difficulties, the harder it is, the easier and less you have to do to unlock it. On Standard, you basically have to 100% the whole game. On Proud, you'll need to do a few extra things, but not nearly as far. On Critical, you automatically get to see it upon beating the game because Critical is already difficult enough as it is due to it's premise.

This is, admittedly, very weird how Frontiers handled it. But you can change difficulties anytime with no consequences, so you could play the whole game on th asiest difficulty and then switch to Hard for the final boss and still get the full ending. So, it's not that bad but...also needlessly weird? At least now I know why I didn't hear Vandalize since I played on Hard the whole way through.

Anyways, gonna check out Arcade Mode real quick and then hop into Genshin.

There are some Kingdom Hearts games that you unlock secret endings cutscene If you complete some objectives in the game and the game doesn't Tell you that

49 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Sonic the Hedgehog is not, and should never be, Kingdom Hearts.

You say this but funnily enough Sonic Adventure's 2 whole last story preview/trailer is very Kingdom Hearts secret ending like lol. And that came before KH at that too.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I personally don't have a problem with Sonic games taking inspiration from other Adventure/RPG games. Specially considering Frontiers can be considered a game of this genre

1 hour ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

No. That said, if you're gonna make a fast, hectic battle system which is on the easier side, taking some cues from Kingdom Hearts in that regard is not an inherently bad idea. 

Edited by Zoomzeta
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, azoo said:

So I guess the pink haired lady seen on Tails Tube just evaporated out of existence, huh.

Spoiler

Quite the "red herring" huh

38 minutes ago, light-gaia said:

There are some Kingdom Hearts games that you unlock secret endings cutscene If you complete some objectives in the game and the game doesn't Tell you that

That's most of the games until BBS, actually. You didn't know the requirements until you did them or you looked thm up. That's just how old the sries is. Still, it's not the same thing as what Frontiers is doing. You don't get locked out of a "true final battle" in KH by playing on Beginner or Standard and Beginner is the only difficulty where you can't see the secret ending in some games. There's a difference.

But this isn't that big of a deal since, unlike kH, you can change the difficulty at any time in Frontiers and get the true ending anyways without replaying the whole game.

13 minutes ago, azoo said:

So I guess the pink haired lady seen on Tails Tube just evaporated out of existence, huh.

I'm pretty sure that girl was just Unleashed concept art that was just never seen before

She wasn't drawn in the same style as any of the others, and Hoshino acted coy about who it was on Twitter when people spotted her out. It's not a scrapped Unleashed character.

• Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, azoo said:

the real pink haired lady was the friends we made along the way ❤️

• Thumbs Up 1