Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

2 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

FYI for you characterphiles here, the animations are on point. More expression in this game than the last decade combined.

Sonic's expressions in the fishing minigame are concerningly great

• Thumbs Up 1

Post-credits scene. I'm warning you, don't look at it if you want to avoid spoilers.

Spoiler

https://streamable.com/d0pu68

Sage is okay after all.

This means we will probably see her in future games!

I know I should be speculating about her next plot-heavy role in the series, but honestly I'm just looking forward to the prospect of her being playable alongside her dad in the next kart-racer or Olympic games. Looks like Sage is here to stay, folks!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Post-credits scene. I'm warning you, don't look at it if you want to avoid spoilers.

Hide contents

https://streamable.com/d0pu68

Sage is okay after all.

This means we will probably see her in future games!

I know I should be speculating about her next plot-heavy role in the series, but honestly I'm just looking forward to the prospect of her being playable alongside her dad in the next kart-racer or Olympic games. Looks like Sage is here to stay, folks!

Spoiler

I fucking adore the delivery here oh my gosh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite my disliking of this game growing exponentially day by day, I must say that I really like the footage of the bosses. Even the combat as a whole looks good. Nothing ground breaking, but certainly fun. The titans all have unique gimmicks about them and I really like the music they have.

I've yet to see what the final boss looks like though, which apparently is a major disappointment. 

So, the final boss being just a QTE is only true on normal mode.

If you play on hard mode, you get an actual playable boss fight.

Spoiler

image.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone else playing? I'm stuck in the damn desert where it says to drain the water. I have no idea what the game wants me to do cause there's no way to interact with the gun and it's really pissing me off. What am I missing here?

Edit: Nevermind. Found the missle. Can't see shit on the Switch.

Edited by Waveshocker Sigma

15 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

So, the final boss being just a QTE is only true on normal mode.

If you play on hard mode, you get an actual playable boss fight.

Hide contents

image.png

This is fucking annoying. It feels like a punishment for playing on Normal and I hate it when games do this.

2 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

This is fucking annoying. It feels like a punishment for playing on Normal and I hate it when games do this.

It's not like a true ending or anything...

This is no problem, because people who only play the game for the story can beat the game...or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

It's definitely unnecessary, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. You could argue the same thing for getting a specific ending depending on game difficulty. Besides, what the heck even is the difference between Hard mode and normal mode? In a Sonic game, that difference feels so miniscule, I'd just stick with hardmode.

But with that being said, I've never seen this done in such a manner. I know some games, like Streets of Rage 3, blocked you from progressing through 1/3 of the game if you played on Easy mode, but I've never seen a game that substitutes an entire complex boss fight for a quick time event only lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Except it literally is. If you play on normal difficulty, you get an objectively worse ending by fighting a QTE boss. Playing on hard is the only way to get any form of satisfaction from the ending. 

1 minute ago, McGroose said:

It's definitely unnecessary, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. You could argue the same thing for getting a specific ending depending on game difficulty. 

And if this game did that, I definitely would too. I think endings should be based on choice and not difficulties. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The game is already incredibly easy on Hard Mode, why bother locking a whole boss phase behind it? It's at least not that egregious since you can change difficulty whenever you want, but that was certainly a choice to make on part of the devs.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, ZinogreVolt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I fucking adore the delivery here oh my gosh.

Screams and cries at the same time

23 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

The game is already incredibly easy on Hard Mode, why bother locking a whole boss phase behind it? It's at least not that egregious since you can change difficulty whenever you want, but that was certainly a choice to make on part of the devs.

It is definitely a choice. 

So question for people who've played the game, how weighty can you make Sonic with the sliders? More specifically, can you make him feel remotely like the classics or the Adventure games specifically when it comes to his run? Not in terms of momentum/inertia, I know that wasn't a big focus for the devs here, strictly in terms of the buildup from standing still, to starting speed, to top speed, with the baseline run without boosting, can you give something akin to that buildup of speed? That feeling of easing into your top speed from your lowest speed.

Broader question, do the sliders make that noticeable a difference in how Sonic feels to control? I'll be completely honest and say that I'm wanting him to at least be able to feel, moment to moment, something vaguely like Sonic pre-2005, even if it's not accurate and the movement doesn't have the same physics utility, of using inertia to launch yourself around the map and pick up speed downhill, just the basic feeling of Sonic's run on flat ground, or something close to it. Not pinning hopes on it or anything, but this seemed like the place to ask. I won't be able to get the game till December at the earliest, and I'm trying to avoid story spoilers (I literally looked away from my monitor until I was scrolled down here), but if anywhere was gonna have a decent amount of people who've played the game and are experienced enough with Sonic to give me a good, somewhat detailed answer without spoiling things, it'd be here.

6 hours ago, Hidden04 said:

Apparently there is a secret true final boss on hard mode called "The End" and it has Infinte's voice actor. 

So Infinite might have just returned then. In a way not too surprised because Izuka said the Chao weren't connected to the Koko and looked what happened. Granted we dunno if he is to Sage but it probably is just in terms of powers to some degree.

Edit: "You have fought machines and gods before. They were finite, I am Infinite, I am nothing..." This is also apparently said in the Japanese version too also Infinite's name was Zero if I recall right for nothing or was just a draft name.

• Thumbs Up 1

People who have played the game: how much use are you getting out of the drop dash? What little I've seen of it in action it doesn't look like Sonic can actually go much faster while rolling than he does while boosting.

27 minutes ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

People who have played the game: how much use are you getting out of the drop dash? What little I've seen of it in action it doesn't look like Sonic can actually go much faster while rolling than he does while boosting.

I haven't played, so not truly answering your question...  But from the footage I've seen, yeah it doesn't seem to go much faster than the boost. Though since boost is limited by the gauge, starting with a drop dash and then going into a boost could maybe help slightly with maintaining speed long term?

Drop dashing is faster than boosting when going down hill and its the easiest way to keep up your pace after being launched in the air.

• Thumbs Up 5

Pre-ordered the game, and reading some of the opinions here from those who’ve played it it’s interesting to see the divide in opinions from Sonic fans and non-Sonic fans/casual gamers. Some enjoy it, some find it lacking. Once reviews come out next week I’m guessing it’ll be somewhere in the 70’s on MC.

I’m still cautiously optimistic about this, but there are two things I’m a bit miffed about;

-The cyberspace levels. So they are literally just the same bloody stages ripped from Frontiers/Generations, with worse controls and no new levels besides the ones we’ve seen before. I don’t wanna say “lazy devs lol” but Christ talk about a low budget or rushed development! Obviously more care and attention has gone into the open world, not a bad thing but still.

-The final boss is a QTE unless you play on Hard mode. Thanks for letting me know, so I can go into Hard mode straightaway. XP  

I haven’t read other details, but one big question I have for someone who played and beat the game…is the story as good or better than Sonic Unleashed? Did Ian Flynn bring his A-game and make this a game that’s at least worthy of its story? I really just want to play Sonic Frontiers for the great story (if there is one).