Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

1 hour ago, GameMaster0097 said:

Man straight up put a tutorial lmao

In just the first area alone

How is this game going to be 30 or even 20 hours lol, at the rate it can progress it looks like the islands themselves take under an hour to reach emerald requirements

Did they say anything about how long a minimalist playthrough would be?

That 20-30 hours clearly would just be in regards to doing everything.

I mean, it’s the first island for one thing, but I would harbour a guess that based on prior knowledge if you know what you are doing and speedrunning… sure this makes sense. 

It’s also worth bearing in mind that the game may not be as straightforward as “gather the emeralds -> Titan boss -> next island -> repeat 4 more times until the credits” than we believe so far. 

But when you consider the amount of things to do, there’s certainly going to be variables in length anyway. Zelda BOTW could take a player less than 30 minutes to complete if they were skilled enough, or 180+ hours (me) if you want to see everything through 

31 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Did they say anything about how long a minimalist playthrough would be?

That 20-30 hours clearly would just be in regards to doing everything.

20 - 30 is supposed to be the normal playthrough, and double that is in regards to seeing everything.

40 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

It’s also worth bearing in mind that the game may not be as straightforward as “gather the emeralds -> Titan boss -> next island -> repeat 4 more times until the credits” than we believe so far.

I can only imagine you'll also need to restore at least some of your friends memories at the very least.

and then there is the deal with those bots that appear to have the ability to extract Chaos Emeralds from you potentially throwing a monkey wrench into the equation.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been thinking that the friends might not have much of an active role in the plot because it's optional whether you collect enough memory tokens to free them until the endgame.

35 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I think it's concerning how you can get 6 emeralds in a 15 minute demo, but what do I know?

I mean, without knowing the full context behind the actual game,  making assumptions is a bit foolhardy.

I mean, it is a game where you use Super Sonic to fight at least one boss that's clearly on the first island, and isn't the final boss.

Which probably means getting Chaos Emerals isn't necessarily the defining end goal of the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Son-icka said:

But when you consider the amount of things to do, there’s certainly going to be variables in length anyway. Zelda BOTW could take a player less than 30 minutes to complete if they were skilled enough, or 180+ hours (me) if you want to see everything through 

A game that takes 20 - 30 hours to beat sounds sounds better than a game that takes 20-30 minutes, I guess that's what Sega thought

I still find it amazing that you can beat BOTW in such a short amount of time. I like that type of game design. It's so unlikely that you'll do it, but it's a possibility. The question is how easy will that be in Frontiers as opposed to something like BOTW. And if the demo only really showed like 1/4 of the island, what's the rest of the island for if the Chaos Emeralds are scattered in such a relatively small percentage of it? 

32 minutes ago, Razule said:

I've been thinking that the friends might not have much of an active role in the plot because it's optional whether you collect enough memory tokens to free them until the endgame.

Even if they play minor roles in the plot, Sonic's entire motivation from the jump is to save his friends. Your not going to be able to "beat the game" without addressing that.

Collecting emeralds and smashing the super titans will only get you so far. There is no way you'll be able to reach the final ending without bare minimum, interacting with the rest of the cast.

10 minutes ago, McGroose said:

what's the rest of the island for if the Chaos Emeralds are scattered in such a relatively small percentage of it? 

Its  less that the emeralds are scattered on a small part of the island and more to due with the methodology of collecting them. Goes hand in hand with the idea of "play the game the way you want to play it". Some of those emeralds more or less materialize out of thin air as a reward for accomplishing a task line.

Getting the Emeralds early was a thing since the Genesis days, not that it matters here, but still... You could cheese the game as soon as the second zone ever in some of them. I'm just eager to know if you can go Super and run/fly around or if you're forced into a Titan fight.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

Getting the Emeralds early was a thing since the Genesis days, not that it matters here, but still... You could cheese the game as soon as the second zone ever in some of them. I'm just eager to know if you can go Super and run/fly around or if you're forced into a Titan fight.

I wouldn't even call that a cheese. If you knew the star-post layout of Emerald Hill, you'd unlock Sonic by CPZ plain and simple.

As for being forced to immediately fight the titan; we did see in that video that emerald #7 for island 1 is actually on the titan itself, so the option to go Super won't even be available to you until you engage that boss and nab it from him. The games doesn't have to force you into that fight because it is probably the only way to earn that last emerald. You'll come to him when you are ready.

As for after that; and the other islands? Who knows.

Actually, that did make me think about the volcanic island and "bird" screenshot just now. I'm doubtful that they'd allow it outside of a boss fight, but using Super to fly between islands might be a gameplay mechanic they could use.

Well, that or the more obvious swapping of the bird model for the Tornado itself 🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

Massive, massive spoilers for the game in the new footage below. Super Sonic boss and defeat cutscene included. I know people were trying to do as much as possible with the demos, but I was not expecting them to accomplish that much, wow

Spoiler

Yeah, for as packed as this game looks to be, this really isn’t boding well lol

this isn’t even like a BotW Ganon situation bc while you can try to fight Ganon immediately, you’re definitely going to get your ass kicked until you know the game - even the first Divine Beast/Zora’s Domain lead up alone is gonna take hours until you know what you’re doing. While I’m sure there’ll be plenty to do in Frontiers, for people to have gotten through 20-25% of the game’s content in 15 minutes (in a demo, no less) is a bit worrying for a series that has struggled w length in the past recently 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/27/2022 at 10:52 PM, The Deleter said:

In just the first area alone

How is this game going to be 30 or even 20 hours lol, at the rate it can progress it looks like the islands themselves take under an hour to reach emerald requirements

"15 minutes" lol

That's a half-truth. Can you get 6 Chaos Emeralds in 15 minutes? Yes.

But if you are playing Frontiers for the very first time, can you get 6 Chaos Emeralds in 15 minutes? No (or highly unlikely).

You can get these Emeralds in 15 minutes if you know what you're doing from the first second.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

this isn’t even like a BotW Ganon situation bc while you can try to fight Ganon immediately, you’re definitely going to get your ass kicked until you know the game - even the first Divine Beast/Zora’s Domain lead up alone is gonna take hours until you know what you’re doing. While I’m sure there’ll be plenty to do in Frontiers, for people to have gotten through 20-25% of the game’s content in 15 minutes (in a demo, no less) is a bit worrying for a series that has struggled w length in the past recently 

That is assuming the game's structure is plainly "beat boss, move to next island", when you haven't even explored the rest of the first island. The portion with the giant portal is still locked off (since the video doesn't show any new Cyber Space levels).

It is also literally impossible to get to the Super Sonic boss and beyond in 15 minutes. The boss fight itself is 7 minutes, and that's with watching cutscenes.

People post that "6 Chaos Emeralds in 15 Minutes" video and leave out how that's 6 Emeralds across more than one playthrough, having already planned out the route, maximizing time, skipping cutscenes, etc. The actual video is 25 minutes, and that is so far the fastest, best playthrough of everything. That is a speedrun. if the game can be beaten quickly, that's good. But that's not how most people are going to play the game. 

Absolutely flabberghasted (MASSIVE STORY SPOILERS)

Spoiler

r0m3JgI.png

On 6/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, The Deleter said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220513-174242__01.jpg

Follow up with my theory:

unknown.png

unknown.png

... The leak was wrong... due to multiple errors... but the follow up prediction might have been true?????

What is life

14 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

I definitely wouldn't assume that this all was done in the demo's 15 minute window, considering the fact that the demo is not supposed to have an intro cutscene at all in the first place and the fact that you have to travel to each cyberspace yourself through the island.

The build's been tampered with in some way to disable the timer and the enable the intro cutscene.

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Really think that "20-30 hrs to finish the story" statement is bull at this point.

15 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

10 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

"15 minutes" lol

That's a half-truth. Can you get 6 Chaos Emeralds in 15 minutes? Yes.

But if you are playing Frontiers for the very first time, can you get 6 Chaos Emeralds in 15 minutes? No (or highly unlikely).

You can get these Emeralds in 15 minutes if you know what you're doing from the first second.

None of these are the case btw. The demo itself was "broken" to gain access to the opening cutscenes themselves; the constraints for the time are likely gone as well. It's more likely that the demo simply was played in the same manner as the gamescom demo to reach the second island, not all within the span of 15 mintues

The leak does seem generally accurate; a lot of inaccuracies, like how Cyber Space doesn't directly give you Emeralds, might just be Sonic Team changing the structure / the demo being designed more simply. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright but you want to know what the real bombshell of all this is?

HrbXQlj.gif

Insanity Edit: DAMMIT I GOT FOOLED BY BOOST PADS AGAIGN WHAT THE HELL

Y'all 3D Sonic likers need to stop sweating so hard about momentum, you had fun without it for this long, no need to prove it's in this game now. 

• Thumbs Up 1