Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

I had an feeling that they will introduced 2 new characters on each sequel. I feel like this is the pattern they might go. We can expect Amy and Metal Sonic in the next one that will probably come out in 2024. We might see them in a post credits scene. 

If the movies go that far...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

I had an feeling that they will introduced 2 new characters on each sequel. I feel like this is the pattern they might go. We can expect Amy and Metal Sonic in the next one that will probably come out in 2024. We might see them in a post credits scene. 

If they keep introducing two characters every movie it might get too bloated

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Amy and Metal Sonic seems kind of underwhelming. As much as I like the character, we already have Knuckles (and later Shadow) as rivals, and we've already seen Eggman match Sonic's speed in the first movie, so Metal will either be in this movie or not at all. If we don't get SA2 for the next movie, I'm expect Chaos and Gamma instead.

Cream will not be used in the movies. Without a doubt, she is the game character that works the least in the movies. Her powers are even more silly than Tails', and she doesn't fit with the movies. Like I've said in the past with Amy, the only reason they'd add her is to seem more like the games.

If I were to make my own predictions (assuming the movies don't end with Sonic 3)

Sonic 1 -Sonic & Eggman
Sonic 2-Tails & Knuckles 
Sonic 3-Chaos & Gamma/Amy (even though I don't think she fits)
Sonic 4-Shadow & Rouge
Sonic 5-Emerl or Blaze
Sonic 6-Silver

Since Chaos, Gamma, Shadow, and Emerl would likely not return, the cast becomes less bloated.

16 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Well, introducing too many characters in one movie might make the story messy and might not be enough to give each character enough development. So, this is just what I think they might do for future Sonic movies. I don't know.

Anyway, Colleen got verified on Twitter. Yay!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2021 at 4:53 AM, Leebo4 said:

That’s a valid concern. Balancing introductions, and then potentially bringing back characters can easily bloat and make it hard to focus.

I could see, at least for some, then wandering off to discover their own place in the world/universe. Shadow, if they ever go there, is one i hope doesn’t die but kind of goes off to find his place alongside GUN still. He’s there if they want to bring him in, but he doesn’t have to show up every time with that (plus spindash-off potential).

Currently, I’m just trying to take this one film at a time, as much as I’d love to see Shadow.

9 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Australia will get the movie one week earlier like Russia.:

Is it normal for other countries to see a film first before America?

7 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Well, yes. Like, for example, the UK get the new Spider-Man movie on the 15th which is tomorrow before the US get it on the 17th.

Anyway, here are some things that I didn't see before.:

FGNk9ZOWYAU2up8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, yes. Like, for example, the UK get the new Spider-Man movie on the 15th which is tomorrow before the US get it on the 17th.

Anyway, here are some things that I didn't see before.:

FGNk9ZOWYAU2up8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Even though it's clear that this sequel will focus more on Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, I am curious to see how Tom and Maddie's story arc will go in the sequel.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Even though it's clear that this sequel will focus more on Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, I am curious to see how Tom and Maddie's story arc will go in the sequel.

Yeah, it's true. Well, I don't know about Tom and Maddie. We will find out more about them when the movie come out in the coming months.:

Also, these pictures that I just show you before were not in the trailer.:

1 minute ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yeah, it's true. Well, I don't know about Tom and Maddie. We will find out more about them when the movie come out in the coming months.:

Also, these pictures that I just show you before were not in the trailer.:

Either those scenes were apart of some major reveals in the film or they wanted this particular trailer to focus on just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Robotnik.  I have a feeling we might see these photos pop up in the second trailer, if they make a second trailer.

2 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Either those scenes were apart of some major reveals in the film or they wanted this particular trailer to focus on just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Robotnik.  I have a feeling we might see these photos pop up in the second trailer, if they make a second trailer.

Yes, that is probably true. In the yellow glow seen in the picture of Tom and Maddie, I think it is hinting Super Sonic.

4 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yes, that is probably true. In the yellow glow seen in the picture of Tom and Maddie, I think it is hinting Super Sonic.

I don't know, it seems to be a bit too soon for Super Sonic to show up and the set photos showed us that Tails, Knuckles and Sonic would be fighting together.  So, having Sonic turn super would just defeat the whole purpose of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles teaming up to fight against Robotnik.

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't know, it seems to be a bit too soon for Super Sonic to show up and the set photos showed us that Tails, Knuckles and Sonic would be fighting together.  So, having Sonic turn super would just defeat the whole purpose of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles teaming up to fight against Robotnik.

Unless all three of them go super. If Mania can break Sega mandates, Paramount can too.

13 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Unless all three of them go super. If Mania can break Sega mandates, Paramount can too.

That kind of feels overkill and to a general audience (many of whom didn't know why Knuckles is a bad guy in these trailers, or that Robotnik would be back) and smells of jump sharky DBZ nonsense that only us fans would love, but for a second film would feel confusing.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

That kind of feels overkill and to a general audience (many of whom didn't know why Knuckles is a bad guy in these trailers, or that Robotnik would be back) and smells of jump sharky DBZ nonsense that only us fans would love, but for a second film would feel confusing.

Not really. We've seen how powerful the super forms are in the games, but general audiences will jut see it as a power boost at the movie's climax, like what happened in the first movie but from the emerald rather than Sonic's quills.

13 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Not really. We've seen how powerful the super forms are in the games, but general audiences will jut see it as a power boost at the movie's climax, like what happened in the first movie but from the emerald rather than Sonic's quills.

I feel like they probably want to save Super Sonic for when Sonic is fighting a world ending catastrophe, rather than a small scale catastrophe. From the looks of the trailer, it looks like the situation is only relegated to the town of Green Hills rather than a world wide threat.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

In particular, some of it is marketing to increase the popularity of a property in a foreign/smaller territory or to build hype for a domestic release just like how reviewers  see movies a few days earlier. Spoilers will get out sure, but it isn't like mass floodgate such as bigger countries like UK and US. There will be small spaces where people are talking about it that probably be easily avoidable. Happens all the time.

Part of as well I think, is keeping the film premiere running close to when most schools in the US are on spring break.

Edit: Tom and Maddie look like they took a nasty blow in those pics. Any ideas if that is a vehicle behind them?

22 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

In particular, some of it is marketing to increase the popularity of a property in a foreign/smaller territory or to build hype for a domestic release just like how reviewers  see movies a few days earlier. Spoilers will get out sure, but it isn't like mass floodgate such as bigger countries like UK and US. There will be small spaces where people are talking about it that probably be easily avoidable. Happens all the time.

Part of as well I think, is keeping the film premiere running close to when most schools in the US are on spring break.

Oh okay. That makes sense.

24 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I feel like they probably want to save Super Sonic for when Sonic is fighting a world ending catastrophe, rather than a small scale catastrophe. From the looks of the trailer, it looks like the situation is only relegated to the town of Green Hills rather than a world wide threat.

The situation is certainly a worldwide threat, especially if GUN is getting involved. Robotnik might start at Green Hills but he's definitely not going to stop there.

6 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Sorry for a double post but this is different:

https://www.gamesradar.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-trailer-breakdown-director-jeff-fowler/

There are some interesting tidbits in here. Such as the sequel taking place about 9 months after the original.

Lots of interesting things in there!  I loved the fact that the sequel is trying to take more from the source material than the first movie and it was pretty interesting hearing about how Jeff Fowler and the team casted both Tails and Knuckles. And it's great hearing him say that he loves both Tails and Knuckles, so I'm interested in seeing what they do with Tails and Knuckles in this movie.

The appearance of Knuckles implies that Eggman made a pitstop on the way back to Sonic's original world (using Sonic's quill). He picked up the M. E. too. Tails was sent to warn and prepare Sonic for the upcoming battle. 

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

The appearance of Knuckles implies that Eggman made a pitstop on the way back to Sonic's original world (using Sonic's quill). He picked up the M. E. too. Tails was sent to warn and prepare Sonic for the upcoming battle. 

Just a thought.

Either that or the mushroom world (or 'zone' if you will...) turns out just to be another part of Sonic's world far away from Green Hill.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Sorry for a double post but this is different:

https://www.gamesradar.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-trailer-breakdown-director-jeff-fowler/

There are some interesting tidbits in here. Such as the sequel taking place about 9 months after the original. And that

Hide contents

Sonic's presence is unknown. Word hasn't got out about him.

So he was asked if that shrine we saw in the trailer was Angel Island and refused to say? That's suspicious...

• Thumbs Up 1