Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

21 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Isn't Paramount right in the middle of changing the people in charge?

Just finished, actually. Might explain why 5cream only started marketing in October.

7 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Just finished, actually. Might explain why 5cream only started marketing in October.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was why they haven't shown a trailer for Sonic yet.  Like, the Clifford movie trailer got released 3 months before its original release date (the first trailer was shown in June and the movie was supposed to show in September, before they delayed the movie to November).  However, Scream didn't get their trailer until two months before its release (its trailer was shown in October and the movie is supposed to show up in January).

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount was just waiting for the No Way Home hype to be over given the noticeable overlap in the Sonic and Spider-Man fandoms

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount was just waiting for the No Way Home hype to be over given the noticeable overlap in the Sonic and Spider-Man fandoms

Oh yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Sonic trailer after No Way Home comes out in theaters.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Oh yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Sonic trailer after No Way Home comes out in theaters.

Or maybe they'll go the opposite direction and have the trailer play before No Way Home.

3 hours ago, phobs said:

To be honest, I'm starting to find it troubling that we aren't hearing much about the movie. There is still no official art, except Knuckles's glove, and the promotional preview in Russia featured art only from the first movie only. There is already trailer for Across the Spider-Verse, which is absolutely amazing btw, and it is not going to be out until next October. I hope that the production is going well and that the movie is not in trouble

2 hours ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Yeah the thing that slightly bothers me is like I mentioned, the movie is already having a relatively short marketing period at this point. 3 months and a half months with no footage, whereas even other Paramount movies get trailers by now. The movie will do fine because it is Sonic. But I don't want the film to make less than it could have because of lack of building hype and awareness with the public.

That being said, the fact the trailer is apparently ready makes me think the film is development is doing somewhat okay. And that the date the trailer will debut is already set in stone (meaning they aren't sitting on it out of fear of possible delays or anything). 

I don't think we have to worry. I think they probably just want to wait for the right time to release it. Like some people in this thread mentioned this, they probably want to wait for that new Spiderman movie hype to be over.

Also, I got a feeling that this may have something to do with the movie. I don't know. We will see about this.:

17 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I don't think we have to worry. I think they probably just want to wait for the right time to release it. Like some people in this thread mentioned this, they probably want to wait for that new Spiderman movie hype to be over.

Also, I got a feeling that this may have something to do with the movie. I don't know. We will see about this.:

Yeah, the Spider Man hype is pretty big right now and it would be hard for any movie to get any attention with Spider-Man hogging all the attention.  It does make me wonder if the trailer will air after No Way Home or in January?

• Thumbs Up 1

They... set up an official discord server? What an odd thing to do. Not that I'm complaining, it's just... kind of out of left field for me. Does this normally happen with companies?

• Thumbs Up 1

One interesting thing is that they say to "act quick" like something is coming soon be it a trailer or something special for the server. 

Obviously Sonic is famous for speed, but telling people to act quick and specifically calling it a hint sounds like a tease

Also yeah, a discord server is very... interesting unless it is restricted. Otherwise it seems like a breeding ground for leaks (both real and fake) and spoilers and would require moderation. Not complaining, of course but it is an interesting experiment for an official account. 

• Thumbs Up 3

They will get a special role if they are one of the first 1,000 users who joined. Probably already too late to get the role.

35 minutes ago, MetKey said:

Already deconfirmed by Tyson Hesse on Sonic Retro

spacer.png

Is it deconfirmed though? Does Tyson Hesse have access to that info or is he just saying what he thinks?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Aw P.U NFTs.

Ugh. That's stuff I just can't get behind. And I had a funny feeling that would be the case.

Hollywood and own-goaling itself: name a better combo!

51 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Is it deconfirmed though? Does Tyson Hesse have access to that info or is he just saying what he thinks?

Doesn't Tyson Hesse work on the movie, since he did the designs?

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Some new update on the trailer.:

So, what does the G rating mean?  That the trailer is family friendly or does it mean something else?

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, what does the G rating mean?  That the trailer is family friendly or does it mean something else?

Yep. The content of the trailer itself has to be rated. You can have PG-13 or R rated movies get a lower rating for their trailers than the movie itself if the offending content is not shown (see Spiderman with a PG trailer)

Edit: Should add, those are the Canadian ratings. I am not sure if for example the trailer would be PG in the US. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

General audiences. It is the lowest age rating for movies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Yep. The content of the trailer itself has to be rated. You can have PG-13 or R rated movies get a lower rating than the movie itself (see Spiderman with a PG trailer)

Oh okay. So, I have a feeling that the sequel will be rated PG then.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Oh okay. So, I have a feeling that the sequel will be rated PG then.

I don't expect us to get any potential PG-13 movies until Shadow comes along. It'd be harder to make Maria's death work in a pg movie. That is, assuming they use his backstory, but without it they might as well just use Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Aw P.U NFTs.

Ugh. That's stuff I just can't get behind. And I had a funny feeling that would be the case.

5 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

Hollywood and own-goaling itself: name a better combo!

FF97-3vXIAEbbUR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3