Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

2 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Looks like this is heavily going to pull references from Sonic Adventure 1. The cop cars, the water coming up from the sewers. I'm surprised they didn't make Perfect Chaos the final fight. Maybe next time.

The storm created by the Chaos Emerald is probably from the power of Chaos inside the emerald.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Anybody noticed that the bar scene in the trailer is set in Russia. There is a Russian flag in the background.:

It looks like they visit different countries?

• Thumbs Up 3

How do those leaks that got taken down compare to the actual movie? I don't remember anything about a Chaos-Twister being said.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

How do those leaks that got taken down compare to the actual movie? I don't remember anything about a Chaos-Twister being said.

Yeah, the twister's a big (pleasant!) surprise from what I've been hearing. Perhaps they were based on an old draft?

9 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Looks like this is heavily going to pull references from Sonic Adventure 1. The cop cars, the water coming up from the sewers. I'm surprised they didn't make Perfect Chaos the final fight. Maybe next time.

I don’t think we should expect to see Chaos in the movie since this and the previous movie shows they are taking inspiration but not directly adapting stories from the games.

if you want a comparison when the Winter Soldier movie got made how many scenes from the storyline in the comics actually made it? Especially since they changed who the handler and main villain was.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

I don’t think we should expect to see Chaos in the movie since this and the previous movie shows they are taking inspiration but not directly adapting stories from the games.

if you want a comparison when the Winter Soldier movie got made how many scenes from the storyline in the comics actually made it? Especially since they changed who the handler and main villain was.

Fair. At the moment it seems to be loosely inspired by Sonic 2 and 3 & Knuckles, with elements of Adventure 1 and 2 sprinkled in. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

They might reveal that he's inside the emerald in the post-credits scene and say that it's his power that caused the storm.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/22828388/sonic-2-trailer-interview-knuckles-idris-elba

This is interesting.

“Obviously, the nature of Robotnik and Sonic’s sort of rivalry and their battles have one sort of look and feel,” the director says. “But when you bring in a character like Knuckles, who has power, and in his many ways is just better suited for combat than Sonic is ... When we ended the first film, Sonic’s been in one fight. That does not turn you into a superhero overnight, and you bring along a character like Knuckles whose entire existence is about honor and about being a warrior. And like right off the bat, Sonic is no match for that dude. So to tease that kind of confrontation like we did in the trailer, for fans to realize that that’s kind of where we’re going with it, where Knuckles is just a force of nature, and Sonic is out of his element at first because Knuckles is just more than he can handle — it felt like such dramatic sort of material, and such a great foundation to build a movie story around.”

• Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, Zoomzeta said:

Fair. At the moment it seems to be loosely inspired by Sonic 2 and 3 & Knuckles, with elements of Adventure 1 and 2 sprinkled in. 

I like the fact that the movie is borrowing a lot from the games.  I was hoping that the sequel would take more inspiration from the games once they settled on establishing Sonic as a character.

eggcoatconspiracy.PNG.0a44e975ba72854974dd60a728b758df.PNG

Ok so, I'm obsessing over the continuity of Jim Eggman's attire change.

Of course he's got the red accented coat, but in the scene with him firing missiles at the Tornado he's wearing an all black coat again; which we also saw in those set leaks months ago. Does he come back to earth, put on the black one, then switch to the red later on? The trailer makes it seem like he returns, dons the red and visits Agent Stone's coffee shop for the first time. But if not, why would be exclaim "papa's got a brand new 'stache" if it looks relatively the same throughout the movie and he just changed his coat? 

(Its all so minor, but I can't help it lol)

• Thumbs Up 2

Robotnik probably has more than one look/suit. One is black and the other is red and black. It's expected in movies, can I say I like this decision? It's not a cosplay, that's a good thing in my opinion, it's supposed to be Carrey's take on the character.

But my favorite thing so far is probably Knuckles being a badass again, Idris Elba seems to care about getting him right, the interview talks about Knuckles and his honor and him being a warrior and a force of nature Vs Sonic as not experienced in a fight.

• Thumbs Up 4

27 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

But my favorite thing so far is probably Knuckles being a badass again, Idris Elba seems to care about getting him right, the interview talks about Knuckles and his honor and him being a warrior and a force of nature Vs Sonic as not experienced in a fight.

That's so heartwarming to hear! Knuckles returning to a no-nonsense powerhouse has been a long time coming! 

Its so refreshing to see Sonic characters be treated with this level of respect and dignity, as opposed to the one-note caricatures the games have made them for years. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

5 hours ago, Austroid said:

eggcoatconspiracy.PNG.0a44e975ba72854974dd60a728b758df.PNG

Ok so, I'm obsessing over the continuity of Jim Eggman's attire change.

Of course he's got the red accented coat, but in the scene with him firing missiles at the Tornado he's wearing an all black coat again; which we also saw in those set leaks months ago. Does he come back to earth, put on the black one, then switch to the red later on? The trailer makes it seem like he returns, dons the red and visits Agent Stone's coffee shop for the first time. But if not, why would be exclaim "papa's got a brand new 'stache" if it looks relatively the same throughout the movie and he just changed his coat? 

(Its all so minor, but I can't help it lol)

I think it's just digital editting. The coat is black but they add on the red, maybe because they felt they could better control the color if it was digitally added into the coat. They could make it brighter in certain scenes and darker in others.

Idk. Spitballing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I now realise Agent Stone works in a bar because of the line by Robotnik in the first movie where he says he loves his latte.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

“You’ve got Sonic’s speed, you’ve got Knuckles’ super strength, and we just put them in an environment and let them go at it,” Fowler says. “It’s like a little Captain America [and] Iron Man; it just offers so much opportunity in terms of fight choreography and action.”

This is my favorite part of the Polygon interview. Not for any specific quote, but the fact Fowler is comparing Sonic to Marvel. It really shows that the direction of this film series is all-ages action rather than just being a silly kids movie like Smurfs or Alvin and the Chipmunks. The direction is being driven towards something action related.

On 12/10/2021 at 4:04 AM, CaptainRobo said:

Anybody noticed that the bar scene in the trailer is set in Russia. There is a Russian flag in the background.:

Travelling all the way to Russia?

image.thumb.png.c4f5d01f827f29f8fb49ea25a2bd4096.png

• Thumbs Up 1

But when you bring in a character like Knuckles, who has power, and in his many ways is just better suited for combat than Sonic is ... When we ended the first film, Sonic’s been in one fight. That does not turn you into a superhero overnight, and you bring along a character like Knuckles whose entire existence is about honor and about being a warrior. And like right off the bat, Sonic is no match for that dude. So to tease that kind of confrontation like we did in the trailer, for fans to realize that that’s kind of where we’re going with it, where Knuckles is just a force of nature, and Sonic is out of his element at first because Knuckles is just more than he can handle — it felt like such dramatic sort of material, and such a great foundation to build a movie story around.

I just loved these statements that Fowler made about Sonic and Knuckles' rivalry in this film.  It shows that not only does he understand Knuckles' character, but it shows that this movie is going to be a lot deeper in tone in terms of portraying these characters and I can't wait to see how Sonic handles dealing with someone who is much more experienced than he is.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I just loved these statements that Fowler made about Sonic and Knuckles' rivalry in this film.  It shows that not only does he understand Knuckles' character, but it shows that this movie is going to be a lot deeper in tone in terms of portraying these characters and I can't wait to see how Sonic handles dealing with someone who is much more experienced than he is.

• His entire existence is about honor
  • He had a fire-y energy on his fists that's like Sonic's lightning
  • He'll have a redemption arc
  • That leak that got taken down said he was banished by his people

I think Movie Knuckles is Prince Zuko.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Ah yes. Memes do come true. Let's get some yummy Chili.

200.gif

Somebody had an idea for an Sonic Drive-In commercial with Sonic and Tails.:

Sonic: "I'm surprised it took only thirty years to finally get this promotion."

Tails: "I'm surprised they let me drive the Tornado through here."

Source

That would be really funny if they made an commercial of that.

Also, funny, I made these two a long time ago way before that response from the restaurant was recently posted.:

Spoiler

demzrrh-df8015f6-c282-4d9a-b5ea-f067be7e628c.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2RhYzhlMWZhLTA5ZGItNDE1OC1hY2YxLTgyYzU1MTA4ZjFkM1wvZGVtenJyaC1kZjgwMTVmNi1jMjgyLTRkOWEtYjVlYS1mMDY3YmU3ZTYyOGMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.fTuhhcI8d59FhL4ZMKPBthlW8_-YwgjHriyBYIxBhsU

ddqwk2t-061b8b7a-237a-4c2d-9984-fd1a28b967cf.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2RhYzhlMWZhLTA5ZGItNDE1OC1hY2YxLTgyYzU1MTA4ZjFkM1wvZGRxd2sydC0wNjFiOGI3YS0yMzdhLTRjMmQtOTk4NC1mZDFhMjhiOTY3Y2YuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.3I8ca2YEG9ljl083jFaIadGEjMaLvRuSwlkLS8K-qAU

Also, this wouldn't be the first time Paramount partner with the company. They partnered with them for the last Transformers movie 4 years ago.:

• Thumbs Up 2

Going to make a prediction by the way the trailer is edited, apologies if this has already been brought up:

Tails will be introduced as Miles Prower. The scene with them both in the plane will likely be in the third act of the film, as they race to stop Eggman after he obtains the Emerald.  Sonic’s “I’m sorry, who are you?” line will be heard much earlier in the film, not in that scene. “The name’s Tails” will be said in the Tornado as he eventually embraces the nickname given to him by Sonic as they journey back towards Green Hills for the final battle.

I think they likely decided to keep it simple for the trailer so as not to confuse those normie heathens unfamiliar with the lore.

• Thumbs Up 2

I had an feeling that they will introduced 2 new characters on each sequel. I feel like this is the pattern they might go. We can expect Amy and Metal Sonic in the next one that will probably come out in 2024. We might see them in a post credits scene.