Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

FF97-3vXIAEbbUR.jpg

Well, at least they are getting rid of that person.

• Thumbs Up 1

This probably doesn't mean anything. One fan who is a big fan of Colleen noticed that Colleen followed the official Sonic movie Twitter.

Hoping we will get her as Tails again.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

This probably doesn't mean anything. One fan who is a big fan of Colleen noticed that Colleen followed the official Sonic movie Twitter.

I'd prefer a new take on the character so that the movies can feel like their own thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I'd prefer a new take on the character so that the movies can feel like their own thing.

I feel the same way honestly.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Seconded. She hasn't really had a good chance to sink her teeth into a good portrayal yet, and I'll always support productions that hire actual voice actors over those that don't. Particularly for long-running Japanese platformer franchises, where voice acting is essential.

Yeah, Illumination. I'M TALKIN' TO YOU WISEGUYS HERE.

An little interesting thing from the Sonic movie Discord.:

I guess we will have to see if Colleen will reprise as Tails for the movie or some unknown new voice actor will take over her role. It's strange why we still yet to get an confirmation of Tails' voice actor.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

An little interesting thing from the Sonic movie Discord.:

I guess we will have to see if Colleen will reprise as Tails for the movie or some unknown new voice actor will take over her role. It's strange why we still yet to get an confirmation of Tails' voice actor.

Don't they usually announce the voice actors before the production of the movie?  That's pretty much what they did with the Mario movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Don't they usually announce the voice actors before the production of the movie?  That's pretty much what they did with the Mario movie.

Yeah, usually, the casting usually would be announced before production officially start. It's just weird they didn't announced any new cast members before filming start. The only new cast members that were officially announced so far is Shemar Moore and Idris Elba.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

What is it with leakers and telling us info that's painfully obvious or already leaked previously?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

What is it with leakers and telling us info that's painfully obvious or already leaked previously?

Yeah, like we already know that Tails and Knuckles are going to be in the film. The big question is when is the trailer dropping?

• Thumbs Up 3

Probably today if they said to turn notifications on. Anyway, I am predicting an even hour, it'll be up in either 40 minutes, or 1 hour and 40 minutes, or 2 and 40 minutes and so on.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

Probably today if they said to turn notifications on. Anyway, I am predicting an even hour, it'll be up in either 40 minutes, or 1 hour and 40 minutes, or 2 and 40 minutes and so on.

I'm really really hoping I'm wrong, but it might come Thursday instead and they're just telling us early.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I'm really really hoping I'm wrong, but it might come Thursday instead and they're just telling us early.

Paramount usually release their trailers on a Tuesday or a Thursday, so it's possible we might see the trailer either today or Thursday, if they aren't trolling us.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

To be fair, BSL is less a leaker and more an insider. So he isn't trying to make up info that is very obvious as much as just say "We got word about this". 

Granted it is obvious of course. But the bigger implication is that there is info getting out rather than how valuable it is. 

Edit: I think the trailer might be out around 3 PM. I wouldn't be surprised if they debut it today whether or not they also show it at the game awards.

• Thumbs Up 3

I... think the Movie Twitter just followed Colleen? Or did they already follow her? Plus the Movie Discord is on pause.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do trailers come out at evening times for the East coast of the US? 

I am just wondering if the trailer will be today. The way the tweets are worded make it seem imminent within hours I think. But I also don't know until how late in the days trailers are released. 

Edit: Hate to be US centric but that is often the way it is with Hollywood.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

It's being made in America so it probably would be released based on American time.

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Do trailers come out at evening times for the East coast of the US? 

I am just wondering if the trailer will be today. The way the tweets are worded make it seem imminent within hours I think. But I also don't know until how late in the days trailers are released. 

Paramount usually releases around 12pm EST, which is 9 AM PST (West Coast).

Unless it's some important event set at a later time... like the Game Awards.  

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

It's being made in America so it probably would be released based on American time.

Yeah that was my point. 😅 I am American too. I just know on a site with a heavy UK base it may annoy someone who thinks the world revolves around the US so I was just laying the truth that it is what it is in this case. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Split the Colleen O’Shaughnessy chat into its own topic. Any significant newsworthy subjects should have a new topic created for it (although you can cross-post the news and discuss it generally in this Megathread too).

• Thumbs Up 2

Since I have seen topics related to the main ones but deviated and I don’t know if Scholtastic and Sega would allow this but I think Paramount would want to try.

If they made a crossover movie of the Sonic movies and the recent Clifford the Big Red Dog movie. What would the story be like and the interactions. Wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to put them in the same universe.

Edited by Dreadknux
Merged this into the general Sonic 2 Movie megathread

• The title was changed to MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion
  • The topic was pinned

Such a fucking cool poster! They've certainly upped the Sonicy-ness!!! Egg-o-matic?! Tornado?! Prototype Buzz Bomber?!! Arrrgghhhhh!!!!! (That's an excited noise!)

29 minutes ago, Jango said:

OH SHIT. That looks COOL.

1133278428_Ive_Looked_At_This_For_Five_Hours_Now_Banner.jpg.bb336924b54a6f8f8c9eb2cba5b34807.jpg

Sonic seems like a darker shade of blue

Tails looks like he got a slight redesign

They have the tornado

Robotnik has the Eggmobile, Buzz Bumbers, and new clothes that look better than the all-black costume we saw him weearing earlier this year

No Knuckles, but he got his own teaser poster

Confirmed to premiere at The Game Awards

• Thumbs Up 1