Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

At this point it isn't really important. It'll come out when it comes out. We only got the first one less than a month ago. It'll probably be a while before more footage is revealed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

At this point it isn't really important. It'll come out when it comes out. We only got the first one less than a month ago. It'll probably be a while before more footage is revealed.

That's true. And we still have the first trailer to watch until the actual movie comes out.

8 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I wonder when the new trailer will come out?

I think we can expect an 2nd trailer probably when we get closer to the release date. 

We can also expect companies announced their collaborations for the movie for the same reason.

I expect these to come probably next month, February, or March.

Spoiler

si6y16o71w481.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Going to assume the old guy next to Maddie is Commander Walters who is the commander of the United States Armed Forces in the Pentagon. from the previous one. I guess he also work for GUN which I think could be a secret organization in the movie.:

FGmfRpaWYAYQ0fZ?format=jpg&name=medium

EzVC29WVoAAddO1.jpg

Also, unrelated. The second Uncharted trailer just dropped. The first trailer just dropped in October.:

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I guess he also work for GUN which I think could be a secret organization in the movie

If that is the case, and it could be 50-50, this would be one of those amusing examples where a "secret organization" feels the need to non-covertly brand its logo on uniforms and vehicles. :P

12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Going to assume the old guy next to Maddie is Commander Walters who is the commander of the United States Armed Forces in the Pentagon. from the previous one. I guess he also work for GUN which I think could be a secret organization in the movie.:

FGmfRpaWYAYQ0fZ?format=jpg&name=medium

EzVC29WVoAAddO1.jpg

Also, unrelated. The second Uncharted trailer just dropped. The first trailer just dropped in October.:

I knew there was something mysterious about that man!  I wonder how big of a role GUN is going to play in the sequel?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I knew there was something mysterious about that man!  I wonder how big of a role GUN is going to play in the sequel?

Not sure. I bet they will play a big role in half of the movie.:

Also, just found out that the director who directed Central Intelligence, Skyscraper, and recently Red Notice is looking forward to the movie. BTW, he is going to direct another video game movie which is The Division. Filming for that movie could start next year. 

Anyway, he is friends with Ben. He had a nice chat with him.:

Spoiler

MV5BNjk3MzE1NzIyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTEwMDc3NzE@._V1_.jpg

Spoiler

"I’m so thrilled about it," he says. "We’re in the middle of the latest rewrite and I think we’re going to start shooting [next year]. It’s my next movie, Jake and Jessica are fired up and ready to go. With any luck, we’ll film in 2022 and I’m incredibly excited."

BTW, going to make some predictions.

Spoiler

Also, I think the scene where Sonic stop some robbers in Seattle will be the opening of the movie.:

FGN9JorVkAEg4d-?format=jpg&name=large

I think this scene could the scene where Sonic run away angrily in Hawaii for some reason.

sonic-movie-2-sonic.large.jpg

This scene is likely be in the end. I had an feeling that the Tornado will ended up being destroyed. This will probably be the part where Sonic and Tails will likely team up with Knuckles to fight Dr. Eggman in the town of Green Hills.:

Sonic-The-Hedgehog-2-Tornado.png?resize=1024,422

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder why Eggman is still thin? I remember one of the writers mentioned that Jim Carrey want to wear a fat suit for the sequel according to an interview last year.

I guess they wanted more character development of him before he become fat probably in the end? Probably maybe a lot of people like the looks of him? I kinda like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wonder why Eggman is still thin? I remember one of the writers mentioned that Jim Carrey want to wear a fat suit for the sequel according to an interview last year.

I guess they wanted more character development of him before he become fat probably in the end? Probably maybe a lot of people like the looks of him? I kinda like it.

Yeah, I thought that they were going to put Jim Carrey into a fat suit like he asked. I guess they didn't want the audience to be confused with how Robotnik looks from film to film.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Yeah, I thought that they were going to put Jim Carrey into a fat suit like he asked. I guess they didn't want the audience to be confused with how Robotnik looks from film to film.

Well, I think that could be why. There is a chance that he might actually ended up being fat in the end. 

Anyway, the first official Sonic calendar of 2022 wallpaper had already been posted. It's look like 2022 will be the year of Tails, just like 2013 is the year of Luigi. Luigi's first game was released in 1993 which was 30 years ago at that time. So, Sonic 2 which is Tails' first game will turns 30 next year.  

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, I think that could be why. There is a chance that he might actually ended up being fat in the end. 

Anyway, the first official Sonic calendar of 2022 wallpaper had already been posted. It's look like 2022 will be the year of Tails, just like 2013 is the year of Luigi. Luigi's first game was released in 1993 which was 30 years ago at that time. So, Sonic 2 which is Tails' first game will turns 30 next year.  

Given the marketing, it seems more like the Year Of Knuckles.

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Makes sense since 2022 would be the 30th anniversary for Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the video game where Tails made his debut.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2021 at 6:17 PM, CaptainRobo said:

third one already in development

OH? Where and when was that confirmed?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I would hope so, but it doesn't even look like he'll be playable in Frontiers. And with no Mania 2 on the horizon, that basically leaves the movies and Prime to pick up the slack outside of comics. Still hoping for his solo game to be revealed next year... but I ain't holding my breath. :/

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

OH? Where and when was that confirmed?

Well, Fowler say something about an third movie according to a recent interview.:

The Sonic games have other characters that the fans love. Are there any sort of like easter eggs that you're planting in this movie or nods to other characters that might be in a third film, if you're lucky enough to make it?

FOWLER: I I will say that one of my favorite experiences from the first film is being in theaters and sort of sneaking in at the end of a screening for Tails to show up, and just seeing the reaction in the crowd. People and kids just absolutely losing their minds and yelling at the screen. So how can you not want to continually tease new additions to the world, to the Sonic movie world, and I've got a list of favorites, that's a mile long. So it's great to have 30 years of Sonic games and comics and animated series and all that material to sort of pull from in order to build the world out. There's just so much opportunity to tell more stories and to bring in more characters.

When you're making the first film, you obviously are just hoping this is going to work, it's going to be a hit and you'll be able to make a sequel. Now that you know that fans have responded, that the first film did so well, you are obviously spending more money on the sequel, it's a bigger movie, how much are you already thinking about Sonic 3?

FOWLER: Of course. Even if somebody didn't ask me to be thinking about ideas for future installments, it would be impossible not to. Even as we're working through the visual effects and animation on this film, it's impossible not to already get excited and to be starting to scheme about all the directions that the story could go, what new characters coming in, the impact that they could have. It's the best part of the creative process when it's just kind of a blank canvas and you can really just start to have blue sky ideas, even if, again, it' not in an official capacity. If the request comes through to start laying the blueprints for another Sonic film, I will be armed and ready with all kinds of ideas. I would just love to get that opportunity.

Source

In the middle of filming, the writers mentioned that an 3rd movie was in development according to a podcast a long time ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, Fowler say something about an third movie according to a recent interview.:

The Sonic games have other characters that the fans love. Are there any sort of like easter eggs that you're planting in this movie or nods to other characters that might be in a third film, if you're lucky enough to make it?

FOWLER: I I will say that one of my favorite experiences from the first film is being in theaters and sort of sneaking in at the end of a screening for Tails to show up, and just seeing the reaction in the crowd. People and kids just absolutely losing their minds and yelling at the screen. So how can you not want to continually tease new additions to the world, to the Sonic movie world, and I've got a list of favorites, that's a mile long. So it's great to have 30 years of Sonic games and comics and animated series and all that material to sort of pull from in order to build the world out. There's just so much opportunity to tell more stories and to bring in more characters.

When you're making the first film, you obviously are just hoping this is going to work, it's going to be a hit and you'll be able to make a sequel. Now that you know that fans have responded, that the first film did so well, you are obviously spending more money on the sequel, it's a bigger movie, how much are you already thinking about Sonic 3?

FOWLER: Of course. Even if somebody didn't ask me to be thinking about ideas for future installments, it would be impossible not to. Even as we're working through the visual effects and animation on this film, it's impossible not to already get excited and to be starting to scheme about all the directions that the story could go, what new characters coming in, the impact that they could have. It's the best part of the creative process when it's just kind of a blank canvas and you can really just start to have blue sky ideas, even if, again, it' not in an official capacity. If the request comes through to start laying the blueprints for another Sonic film, I will be armed and ready with all kinds of ideas. I would just love to get that opportunity.

Source

In the middle of filming, the writers mentioned that an 3rd movie was in development according to a podcast a long time ago.

I see this as the writers just saying that if the sequel does well, then they are already planning on some ideas for a potential third movie.  Usually, I see a couple of movies where the filmmakers are making plans for future movies, but either the movie doesn't perform well or the people involved in the movie go to other projects.  Also, there's the fact that Fowler is supposed to be directing the Pink Panther film soon and Pat Casey and Josh Miller are supposed to be writing the third Ace Ventura movie soon.  So, those projects might interfere with the production of the third Sonic movie, if it gets a third movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I see this as the writers just saying that if the sequel does well, then they are already planning on some ideas for a potential third movie.  Usually, I see a couple of movies where the filmmakers are making plans for future movies, but either the movie doesn't perform well or the people involved in the movie go to other projects.  Also, there's the fact that Fowler is supposed to be directing the Pink Panther film soon and Pat Casey and Josh Miller are supposed to be writing the third Ace Ventura movie soon.  So, those projects might interfere with the production of the third Sonic movie, if it gets a third movie.

Well, you are probably right. However, the trailer got everybody hyped for the movie. So, this movie will be pretty much likely an box office success like the first one. Yes, the pandemic could affect its performance. I think it will be fine. The new Spider-Man movie did pretty well in theaters despite the pandemic. If Spider-Man can perform well in the box office, maybe Sonic 2 can too.

Also, not sure if Fowler and the writers working on other stuff could affect the production of an potential third movie. Paramount would pretty much want an third movie to happen soon as possible since the franchise is a success for them. They probably don't want to wait too long for that to happen.  Maybe Fowler could let somebody that he know is good to direct an potential third one, if he is busy with other stuff? I think the writers can still be involved with the movie. They probably could start write the script now. I'm not sure if they need to be present on set.  I don't think they were at the filming set for the second one. 

However, I remember they were at the filming set for the first one back in 2018 a while ago. One of the writers posted some photos of him at the set like this one. This was way back before the movie was released in 2020.:

Spoiler

oijn8sriqio11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=53872ed0a9f6ca0810eb05887048c5e0e64a0a0d

I guess we will see the results when the movie comes out on April. So, who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

I really want to see this movie as it will be the first time I'll be in a cinema for over 2 years. The last movie I saw before the pandemic was the 1st Sonic movie. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I really want to see this movie as it will be the first time I'll be in a cinema for over 2 years. The last movie I saw before the pandemic was the 1st Sonic movie. 

If I hadn't seen No Way Home, I'd be able to say the same, but I didn't go to theaters much even before the pandemic.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I'm hoping that this will be the first movie I watched when I get back to theaters too!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

With 2021 coming to an end, it's probably safe to say that we won't get more stuff about the movie until next year. 

Well, 2022 is only a few days away.

Although, this doesn't show anything new, the official Japanese Sonic movie Twitter just posted an Happy New Year tweet. It's already 2022 in Japan.:

• Thumbs Up 1