Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

6 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

And NickRewind is hosting a cute little Livestream of movie Sonic's fireplace. 

And occasionally he shows up.

Yeah I am guessing there will be a lot of tie ins and special commercials on Nickelodeon ala Clifford since it's all part of Viacom.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I wonder what they will show on the livestream?  It's great that they are giving attention to this movie!

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

15 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I wonder what they will show on the livestream?  It's great that they are giving attention to this movie!

If you watch the video, there were stuff like a Christmas list of the stuff that Sonic want like an Sega Genesis and an Christmas decoration that look like Sonic's shoes on the Christmas tree. Pretty neat! I wonder what they will show in the end?

Also, yes. I agree. I'm happy they are promoting the movie a lot. 

Also, I know this is a silly question. Did we see Emerald Hill Zone in the trailer? I think the Emerald Hill Zone music was played in it. Just wondering.:

877d47c5391093407fa68a2a3d398c95.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

If you watch the video, there were stuff like a Christmas list of the stuff that Sonic want like an Sega Genesis and an Christmas decoration that look like Sonic's shoes on the Christmas tree. Pretty neat! I wonder what they will show in the end?

Also, yes. I agree. I'm happy they are promoting the movie a lot. 

Also, I know this is a silly question. Did we see Emerald Hill Zone in the trailer? I think the Emerald Hill Zone music was played in it. Just wondering.:

877d47c5391093407fa68a2a3d398c95.jpg

I don't think they showed us Emerald Hill in the trailer.  But I did see some locations from Sonic Adventure, like the ancient temple where the Master Emerald is being held at.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't think they showed us Emerald Hill in the trailer.  But I did see some locations from Sonic Adventure, like the ancient temple where the Master Emerald is being held at.

Strange, they didn't show it. Maybe they will show it in the second trailer. I assume it's going to be in it. I know the stuff in the first trailer isn't everything that we are going to be seeing. We are just getting an preview what is the movie going to be like. 

I think the temple you are referring to is this which is the Altar of the Emeralds?

tumblr_inline_p0bnqxIdOu1seto0f_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Strange, they didn't show it. Maybe they will show it in the second trailer. I assume it's going to be in it.

I think the temple you are referring to is this?

tumblr_inline_p0bnqxIdOu1seto0f_1280.png

YES!  That's the one!

• Thumbs Up 3

With the Sonic movie franchise being a success and an third one already in development, I could see the franchise being the next Resident Evil. You know the Resident Evil franchise was the highest-grossing film series based on a video game despite not being too faithful to the games and not getting good reviews. The box office success ended up getting 5 sequels made. However, except that the Sonic movie franchise is getting a lot of praise and being more faithful to the games. 

Billboards-Branded.jpg

BTW, unrelated, I like the ads that they put in the Times Square scene from Resident Evil: Retribution.

Recently, there was an reboot that was promised to be faithful to the games and it did featured Neal McDonough who had an minor role in the Sonic movie. Much like the previous 6 movies, the reboot doesn't seem to do well despite that the movie is faithful to the games. I heard that it's not doing too good in the box office. 

Also, I think Neal is the only actor that probably isn't going to return in the sequel.

52 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

With the Sonic movie franchise being a success and an third one already in development, I could see the franchise being the next Resident Evil. You know the Resident Evil franchise was the highest-grossing film series based on a video game despite not being too faithful to the games and not getting good reviews. The box office success ended up getting 5 sequels made. However, except that the Sonic movie franchise is getting a lot of praise and being more faithful to the games. 

Billboards-Branded.jpg

BTW, unrelated, I like the ads that they put in the Times Square scene from Resident Evil: Retribution.

Recently, there was an reboot that was promised to be faithful to the games and it did featured Neal McDonough who had an minor role in the Sonic movie. Much like the previous 6 movies, the reboot doesn't seem to do well despite that the movie is faithful to the games. I heard that it's not doing too good in the box office. 

Also, I think Neal is the only actor that probably isn't going to return in the sequel.

It's surprising how the Resident Evil franchise is still going despite it not doing good critically.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It's surprising how the Resident Evil franchise is still going despite it not doing good critically.

Not really going on the movie franchise since it’s been rebooted

7 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

Not really going on the movie franchise since it’s been rebooted

Ah yes and the reboot isn't doing well, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Ah yes and the reboot isn't doing well, isn't it?

Correct! I did mentioned about the reboot not doing well on my last post. I hear that the plot was based on the first 2 Resident Evil games. The budget of the movie was $25 million. I hear the budget is not that much which was considered low budget. It did received some criticism that the cast didn't look like their video game counterparts.:

Spoiler

E-DBob1UUAEkKaq?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

277b74017f57fa491696679af4b9c901.jpg

FC9Y-jOUcAAcg5S?format=jpg&name=medium

Jill_valentine_render.png?width=640

However, it did received some praise for the locations that they used like these.:

Spoiler

Ell_xhbWoAEJHFB?format=jpg&name=large

EmpnHpiXMAAuBtk?format=jpg&name=medium

xgkezxxrwcn11.jpg?width=2045&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ed432efa9eccd87a8c1e83e10d0c17336595b843

The marketing was really bad. The trailer for the movie wasn't released until October which was a month before the movie came out in November.

The movie recently went on demand after a month the movie come out. 

A lot of people didn't like the movie. It was so bad that the movie was already forgotten.

• Thumbs Up 2

The official Sonic movie Twitter posted these Matrix style ads. These were posted because the new Matrix movie is out and Keanu Reeves was in it. Sonic did mentioned Keanu when he was watching the movie, Speed.

Also, I think Keanu could be a good Shadow.:

I know it's been said before, but wow, Knuckles is being pushed hard in marketing. It's really gratifying after being a Knuckles fan for so long and getting almost nothing for over a decade.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I know it's been said before, but wow, Knuckles is being pushed hard in marketing. It's really gratifying after being a Knuckles fan for so long and getting almost nothing for over a decade.

I'm glad that Knuckles is getting a lot of attention after all of these years of being treated as a background character.  So, since the sequel is introducing both Tails and Knuckles, do you think that this will help them become main characters in the Sonic games again?

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm glad that Knuckles is getting a lot of attention after all of these years of being treated as a background character.  So, since the sequel is introducing both Tails and Knuckles, do you think that this will help them become main characters in the Sonic games again?

Nah, Charmy and Marine will keep outshining them.

• Chuckle 1

23 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Tails is already a main character, but I think we'll be seeing a LOT more of them once the movie releases. It may just be a coincidence but the upcoming 2022 Free Comic Book Day IDW comic is the first story centering around Team Sonic in its run.

21 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Nah, Charmy and Marine will keep outshining them.

I just wish Sega would stop playing it safe and make a modern Sonic game without Charmy for once. It was a fun little callback at first but now they're using him as a crutch.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Tails is already a main character, but I think we'll be seeing a LOT more of them once the movie releases. It may just be a coincidence but the upcoming 2022 Free Comic Book Day IDW comic is the first story centering around Team Sonic in its run.

That sounds cool!  Let's hope that SEGA gets the memo on the comics trying to add in Tails and Knuckles into the main franchise again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Love the ads. You have to be careful when doing parodies of other movies, but I think these were done flawlessly

Wonder what Lana and Keanu think of 'em...

Spoiler

...but no yellow quill for my man Tails? Come on, Paramount, YOU HAD ONE JOB! /s

Anyway, so exciting to see Tails and Knux in the main marketing pieces again! Probably doesn't mean anything for Frontiers, but I'd love it if they were DLC you could buy/use after beating the game. (Kinda like Link's sick bike from Zelda.)

5 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Love the ads. You have to be careful when doing parodies of other movies, but I think these were done flawlessly

Wonder what Lana and Keanu think of 'em...

Hide contents

...but no yellow quill for my man Tails? Come on, Paramount, YOU HAD ONE JOB! /s

Anyway, so exciting to see Tails and Knux in the main marketing pieces again! Probably doesn't mean anything for Frontiers, but I'd love it if they were DLC you could buy/use after beating the game. (Kinda like Link's sick bike from Zelda.)

I don't think we should rule out the possibility that they'll be playable in the base game. As long as they take them into account while developing the game, it's entirely possible.

Depending on how far they go with customization, Tails and Knuckles might be alternate skins. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

We see this before a couple of months ago. However, it was officially posted.:

I think Phegley is referring to Kiel Phegley, who has written Sonic material in the past, including the novelization of the first movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

That ad is neat. It doesn't use any new footage, but it doesn't really need to. It's cool to see the marketting team just being creative in how they reuse and remix the old content until it's time to reveal the newest main trailer.

I'm guessing this is gonna be used for youtube commercials or Viacom channel commercials in the coming months.

33 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

That ad is neat. It doesn't use any new footage, but it doesn't really need to. It's cool to see the marketting team just being creative in how they reuse and remix the old content until it's time to reveal the newest main trailer.

I'm guessing this is gonna be used for youtube commercials or Viacom channel commercials in the coming months.

I wonder when the new trailer will come out?