Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

So for the sequel, it's clear that Sonic's relationship with Tom and Maddie has evolved into a sort of parent child relationship which has been getting some mixed reactions, between those who want Sonic to be a more independent figure and those who embrace the idea.

Now I rather like the idea. It's nice to see Sonic with parental figures, and finding ways to grow as an individual.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:
which has been getting some mixed reactions,

Which makes next to no sense. We already know about a sub-plot that essentially removes Tom and Maddie from Sonic for at least a chunk of the movie.

Anyone who wants to see that parental bond grow will have their chance earlier while people who want to see him veer into more independence will get that too. Sounds like a win win to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

So for the sequel, it's clear that Sonic's relationship with Tom and Maddie has evolved into a sort of parent child relationship which has been getting some mixed reactions, between those who want Sonic to be a more independent figure and those who embrace the idea.

Now I rather like the idea. It's nice to see Sonic with parental figures, and finding ways to grow as an individual.

I mean, considering that he's technically a kid that has had to live a chunk of his life alone and just recently found a place and people he can can call home, I am totally cool with this within the context of this film's universe. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm actually okay with Tom being a father to Sonic.  I got a lot of those vibes from the first movie and I was hoping that they would continue this type of relationship in the sequel and it looks like they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

NGL I'll be legitimately amazed if the other two are anything less than shallow garbage.

There is also an Borderlands movie coming up. It's already finished filming. The movie will have Kevin Hart and Jamie Lee Curtis. Jack Black will also be in it. I know he will be in the upcoming Mario movie. It will also have Florian Munteanu who played the guy with the sword from Shang-Chi. Despite, the movie had finished filming, there is still yet to be an release date. I assume that might come out sometimes around next year.:

Spoiler

MV5BMGJlYjc2MjMtOGIyNy00MWY4LWE5YmEtODljMjExNmRmMGMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_.jpg

Spoiler

Borderlands_052821_silhouette_91R-scaled-e1622823281625.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Especially after the official final scene before the Robotnik reveal of his classic look in the movie, I am pretty certain it’s now established that the wachowskis are in fact sonic’s parents now

I don't know about you guys, but while I appreciate the more game-accurate Eggmobile, it looks a bit too cartoony in the context of movie Eggman's more grounded approach to his machinery. 

876896.PNG.c04a4e8833c3e2da09c38bc47641bd84.PNG

I know I show this tweet before. I want to talk a little about the company. This might be a little unrelated. Sonic Drive-In is owned by the same company that owned Arby's which did promote a lot of Sonic in the past. The company is called Inspire Brands.

Spoiler

4800740_Inspire_Logo.jpg

Arby's did promote a little about the first movie.:

Spoiler

ca75ec59-d640-4d1a-85d9-70b0ff8e6ae9.jpeg

EY91IpqWsAEbtXl?format=jpg&name=large

Here are some stuff that they did.:

Spoiler

f9fa857cbdb29edf20babd3056ba0c1e0fe09ba3r1-1080-1075v2_hq.jpg

15 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wonder when they will be putting the standees for the movie? I do see posters already put up like this one.:

e6vfzc0p9q241.jpg?auto=webp&s=0d1603f40de354d9e96bd5fa02c3277f57a802f1

It's cool that they are starting to get things ready for the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It's cool that they are starting to get things ready for the movie.

Well, yeah. I'm kinda surprised that they didn't put the standees yet. I know posters and the trailer are already shown in the theaters. I remember as soon as the trailer for the previous one drops, the standees were already put up. The upcoming Batman movie already got the standees up and some of the Oreos that was made to promote the movie are already up for sale. That movie won't be out until March. I assume they will put the standees once the release date of the movie get closer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Jim Carrey just posted this picture with an Dr. Eggman figure in it.:

It's appeared that the figure in the picture is this.:

Huh. Are those some of Carrey's paintings? They look pretty rad if so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't been excited for anything in a long time, but Sonic 2 movie is something I am really looking forward towards.
A bit funny since I thought I might've "moved on" from Sonic in general, but I keep coming back to it and it's still holds a significant place in my heart.

That being said, I couldn't stop watching the trailer over and over, and counting down the days when it comes out. This is one movie I will definitely try to see the day it comes out. Although do wonder if I should keep my expectations low just in case since any thing I get slightly interested in pre-release ends up being somewhat of a disappointment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2021 at 2:16 AM, Yeetori said:

Haven't been excited for anything in a long time, but Sonic 2 movie is something I am really looking forward towards.
A bit funny since I thought I might've "moved on" from Sonic in general, but I keep coming back to it and it's still holds a significant place in my heart.

That being said, I couldn't stop watching the trailer over and over, and counting down the days when it comes out. This is one movie I will definitely try to see the day it comes out. Although do wonder if I should keep my expectations low just in case since any thing I get slightly interested in pre-release ends up being somewhat of a disappointment. 

I'm really excited to watch this movie too!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Let's not get carried away. There's no crossover happening between Paramount and Disney under any circumstance these days.

Yeah, I don't see another Who Framed Roger Rabbit situation where any one of these movie companies are willing to crossover with each other nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Let's not get carried away. There's no crossover happening between Paramount and Disney under any circumstance these days.

Meant between Paramount and Netflix's new Sonic cartoon, but yeah. Not likely in any case.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Meant between Paramount and Netflix's new Sonic cartoon, but yeah. Not likely in any case.

Oh. Then yeah, id love for that to be the case if Paramount doesn't wanna be petty. That certainly has a higher chance of happening since Paramount can just see it as advertising. 

• Thumbs Up 1