Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

8 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-sonic-live-action-series.html

This is only a rumor, but if it's true, which is at least possible. it would be interesting for the movies.

I'm a bit cautious about this bit of news since it's still too soon for Paramount to think about doing a live action series for Sonic the Hedgehog, especially since the trailer for the second movie hasn't even come out yet.  If there is a live action series though, I would imagine they would do something similar to the Marvel Shows on Disney Plus and attach this live action series to the movies.

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

This is only a rumor, but if it's true, which is at least possible. it would be interesting for the movies.

It ain't. Paramount+ already has about five live-action Star Trek shows, Halo and a Yellowstone prequel set in the old West to deal with. That... really wouldn't leave a lot of funding for Sonic, making me think an exclusive anime from TMS would be more likely. (Assuming Netflix has the exclusive rights for all 3D Sonic cartoons, which I highly doubt is the case.)

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

It ain't. Paramount+ already has about five live-action Star Trek shows, Halo and a Yellowstone prequel set in the old West to deal with. That... really wouldn't leave a lot of funding for Sonic, making me think an exclusive anime from TMS would be more likely. (Assuming Netflix has the exclusive rights for all 3D Sonic cartoons, which I highly doubt is the case.)

Are all of those Star Trek shows still going?

It seems incredibly feasible that Paramount would want a Sonic series for Paramount+. I'm not familiar with that website though so have no idea if it's BS.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I think that would be cool if this is true. However, I think that is too early to do an TV show based on the movies. We still yet to get an trailer for the sequel.:

Also, the official Sonic Drive-In Twitter posted this. I wonder if they are teasing an collaboration with the movie or just regular Sonic or they could just be trolling? Lol. I think they might teased an Sonic collaboration:

• Thumbs Up 2

Even though this rumor is shady, I wouldn't put it past Paramount to make a live action series for Sonic the Hedgehog.  Since Disney Plus is becoming successful because of the Marvel TV shows, Paramount might want to make a live action series that's connected to the movies to compete with Disney Plus' Marvel shows.  The shows can range from making a series about Sonic, Tails and Knuckles finding the Chaos Emeralds or maybe tell the backstories of these characters.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Also, the official Sonic Drive-In Twitter posted this. I wonder if they are teasing an collaboration with the movie or just regular Sonic or they could just be trolling? Lol. I think they might teased an Sonic collaboration:

Sonic Drive-In CEO: "We'll never let that crappy Japanese rodent define who we are! NEVER IN A MILLION GODDAMN YEARS!"

Paramount: backs up dump truck full of money to Sonic HQ in Shawnee

Sonic Drive-In CEO: "I... how generous! But we must decline! We here have PRINCIPLES, for... Christ's... sake..."

Sega of America: brings their own dump truck full of money

Sonic Drive-In CEO: "...hrmph. Alright. Fine."

• Chuckle 2

Mike Pollock who is the voice actor of Dr. Eggman respond to the tweet. The official Sonic Drive-In Twitter respond. It's cool to see that they finally did something Sonic related for the first time.:

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Mike Pollock who is the voice actor of Dr. Eggman respond to the tweet. The official Sonic Drive-In Twitter respond. It's cool to see that they finally did something Sonic related for the first time.:

Cool to see the voice of Eggman respond to this!

On 12/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, CertifiedNobody said:

I guess we can safely assume that this is likely fake.:

7 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I think that would be cool if this is true. However, I think that is too early to do an TV show based on the movies. We still yet to get an trailer for the sequel.:

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

These tweets remind me of this picture that I made months ago. It would be cool to see something like this happen.:

demzrrh-df8015f6-c282-4d9a-b5ea-f067be7e628c.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2RhYzhlMWZhLTA5ZGItNDE1OC1hY2YxLTgyYzU1MTA4ZjFkM1wvZGVtenJyaC1kZjgwMTVmNi1jMjgyLTRkOWEtYjVlYS1mMDY3YmU3ZTYyOGMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.fTuhhcI8d59FhL4ZMKPBthlW8_-YwgjHriyBYIxBhsU

Also, the official Sonic Drive-In Twitter like this.:

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, I just hope they keep Jim Carrey as he was in the post credits scene for the entire movie, full EGGMAN. Doesn't even need to wear a fat suit, just that, that thing Jim did, it was great. I swear to God, if they give him that old yee-yee ass haircut and the black suit again, I'm gonna riot. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

39 minutes ago, Jango said:

Man, I just hope they keep Jim Carrey as he was in the post credits scene for the entire movie, full EGGMAN. Doesn't even need to wear a fat suit, just that, that thing Jim did, it was great. I swear to God, if they give him that old yee-yee ass haircut and the black suit again, I'm gonna riot. 

Pretty sure the set photos have him in a black coat but perhaps over his flight suit

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I guess we can safely assume that this is likely fake.:

I kind of figured that this news source was false because Paramount never said anything about a live action Sonic the Hedgehog series.  I also think it's a bit too soon for Paramount to start thinking about making a live action TV series for Sonic because we still don't know the full scope of the live action movies yet since the sequel hasn't even come out yet.  I'm glad that Paramount wants to make this into a full blown movie series.  Maybe it will be a cinematic universe like Marvel?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I kind of figured that this news source was false because Paramount never said anything about a live action Sonic the Hedgehog series. 

Well Sega didn't say anything about Colors Ultimate and that still got leaked.

2 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Well Sega didn't say anything about Colors Ultimate and that still got leaked.

I guess it depends on what source is accurate and which source isn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only new cast members confirmed to appear so far are these two. It's kinda strange that we got the first new cast member officially confirmed during the middle of the production. Usually, new cast members are announced before filming start. 

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

The only new cast members confirmed to appear so far are these two. It's kinda strange that we got the first new cast member officially confirmed during the middle of the production. Usually, new cast members are announced before filming start. 

It seems odd that Paramount is holding back a lot from this film.  We still don't know who will voice Tails, even though that would have been confirmed much earlier this year and we don't even have any character photos of the characters yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am assuming the trailer will kick off all the promotion including TV promos, movie posters and character posters. Merch announcements and more.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It seems odd that Paramount is holding back a lot from this film.  We still don't know who will voice Tails, even though that would have been confirmed much earlier this year and we don't even have any character photos of the characters yet.

I hope it's Colleen again. Feel like it is with how quiet they've been about it, but ya never know... Paramount just loves to surprise us.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I'm starting to find it troubling that we aren't hearing much about the movie. There is still no official art, except Knuckles's glove, and the promotional preview in Russia featured art only from the first movie only. There is already trailer for Across the Spider-Verse, which is absolutely amazing btw, and it is not going to be out until next October. I hope that the production is going well and that the movie is not in trouble

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Colleen is Tails again and the reason why it hasn’t been confirmed is simple

since she’s not a big star then no need to make a major reveal to it

remember paramount was who wanted that original design which even the filmmakers didn’t want thinking the most realistic design would be better accepted like the more realistic trucks in transformers

i am not saying the mindset is good or had any merit but it’s what I think they might have

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, phobs said:

To be honest, I'm starting to find it troubling that we aren't hearing much about the movie. There is still no official art, except Knuckles's glove, and the promotional preview in Russia featured art only from the first movie only. There is already trailer for Across the Spider-Verse, which is absolutely amazing btw, and it is not going to be out until next October. I hope that the production is going well and that the movie is not in trouble

Yeah the thing that slightly bothers me is like I mentioned, the movie is already having a relatively short marketing period at this point. 3 months and a half months with no footage, whereas even other Paramount movies get trailers by now. The movie will do fine because it is Sonic. But I don't want the film to make less than it could have because of lack of building hype and awareness with the public.

That being said, the fact the trailer is apparently ready makes me think the film is development is doing somewhat okay. And that the date the trailer will debut is already set in stone (meaning they aren't sitting on it out of fear of possible delays or anything). 

• Thumbs Up 2