Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Sorry for the double post. Just want to give an update about this.:

Will it be an official trailer or a teaser trailer?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Will it be an official trailer or a teaser trailer?

We had the teaser one so this will probably be the official one

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol there is no way Sonic will be attached to Scream. I watch a *lot* of horrors in cinemas and have never seen a kids/family trailer attached. It would make absolutely no sense. Unless the tone of Sonic 2 is drastically different from the first!

This is just a daft guess because its another Paramount movie. If I'm wrong I'll eat my Knuckles-from-the-OVA-hat.

• Thumbs Up 5

Interesting. I wonder if it will be debuting before Scream. I haven't really seen horror movies in theaters so I can't judge if they show superhero movies with them (which would be the closest category rather than just a kids film)

Mainly because if they release a trailer in January, they are giving the movie a very short marketing cycle of 3 months. Most films already have a trailer by this point before release.

Not saying it can't be done. But those three months will be intense marketing if that is the case. 

Edit: Aren't there rules that prevent kid movie trailers being shown with adult movies? I know the other way around is certain. 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Interesting. I wonder if it will be debuting before Scream. I haven't really seen horror movies in theaters so I can't judge if they show superhero movies with them (which would be the closest category rather than just a kids film)

Mainly because if they release a trailer in January, they are giving the movie a very short marketing cycle of 3 months. Most films already have a trailer by this point before release.

Not saying it can't be done. But those three months will be intense marketing if that is the case. 

Edit: Aren't there rules that prevent kid movie trailers being shown with adult movies? I know the other way around is certain. 

This does seem a little weird that they want to air the Sonic Movie trailer before Scream, especially since Scream is a horror movie and the Sonic Movie sequel is supposed to be a family film.  It's like they are asking little kids that if they want to see the Sonic movie trailer, they need to watch Scream in theaters to do so, despite the fact that it would be a bad idea since Scream is supposedly rated R.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2021 at 9:57 AM, KingMario05 said:

Tails cartoon from Marza and the Jack Ran guys, please. I don't care how little business sense it makes. That'd be AWESOME.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, Rabbitearsblog said:

I definitely would love to see a Tails miniseries about how he lived by himself before he met Sonic.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:38 AM, KingMario05 said:

Would be more about him going on his own adventures sans Sonic, lol. Still, either or would be great!

Really interesting that you guys mentioned that. Somebody did made an similar concept of that last year. That would be really cool to see that happen.:

Also, kinda unrelated to what we are talking about. The new Resident Evil movie which is another video game movie just recently came out last week. Neal McDonough who play Major Bennington is in this. He play the villain in the movie. I hear the movie is bad and isn't doing well in the box office. Usually the previous Resident Evil movies do so well despite all 6 movies were not good. The marketing for the movie was bad. The trailer wasn't released until October which was a month before the movie was officially released.

Here is the poster. I hear there were a lot of people who didn't like how the characters were portrayed in the movie.

Spoiler

FFOa_AxXoAEvIXl?format=jpg&name=large

• Thumbs Up 2

If you want to talk about spin offs or a connected shared universe I had this idea

a spin off starring Jojo

as the main human character

image.jpeg.ce5689ea18c16c011e556ce99d8fef61.jpeg

With the first Trans led video game movie

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Leebo4 said:

If you want to talk about spin offs or a connected shared universe I had this idea

a spin off starring Jojo

as the main human character

image.jpeg.ce5689ea18c16c011e556ce99d8fef61.jpeg

With the first Trans led video game movie

Nights isn't trans though?

25 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Nights isn't trans though?

Nights is confirmed genderless so an adaptation of Nights would be a good way for a Trans voice actor to get some recognition.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

Nights is confirmed genderless so an adaptation of Nights would be a good way for a Trans voice actor to get some recognition.

I guess so. It depends on if they fit Night's character.

Apparently, despite Nights being genderless (sometimes male though) Reala is apparently consistently consistently male, so NiGHTs being genderless isn't the standard for Nightmarens, and might be something exclusive to Nights. Which could be interesting to explore as a side plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Leebo4 said:

It makes no sense.

A good actor should be able to do any kind of role , his/her gender or sexual orientation does not matter.

Some m to f retain male voice, some of them make a vocal chord operation to alter their speech quality, so not all trans people might be suitable for NiGHTS (as long as they decide to keep his/her voice more “feminine”)

In the same context there are gay people with very baritonal and dark voices and straight ones with lighter voices.

It’s not who you are that matters, but your qualities, in this case.

• Thumbs Up 3

Neal McDonough was wasted in the first Sonic movie anyway. You would think Major Bennington would get some type of supporting role, maybe have an antagonistic relationship with Robotnik and Agent Stone. However, after Sonic and Tom escape and go on their road trip, the military's role in capturing Sonic is basically dropped. As Robotnik says, "Nobody cares." I guess his role was cut for time.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, DaN said:

It makes no sense.

A good actor should be able to do any kind of role , his/her gender or sexual orientation does not matter.

Some m to f retain male voice, some of them make a vocal chord operation to alter their speech quality, so not all trans people might be suitable for NiGHTS (as long as they decide to keep his/her voice more “feminine”)

In the same context there are gay people with very baritonal and dark voices and straight ones with lighter voices.

It’s not who you are that matters, but your qualities, in this case.

Would be good for representation

anyone hear of the supposed leak where sonic uses the emerald to merge both Mobius (I a forever calling the movie sonic’s planet that) and earth?

I would be down for that even if pat discredited that particular leak

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

anyone hear of the supposed leak where sonic uses the emerald to merge both Mobius (I a forever calling the movie sonic’s planet that) and earth?

I would be down for that even if pat discredited that particular leak

If the leak is partially true, it wouldn't be awful, especially for future movies. But it reminds me of the end of Star Vs The Forces Of Evil where 

Spoiler

Star merges Earth with a world of monsters and fantasy creatures without any regard for the consequences, unintentionally giving the finale a very dark ending.

And I hope that, if the leak is at all true, it'll be done better.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

1. Might wanna spoiler-tag that. Fake or not, no one wants their movie ruined. 😀
  2. If it is true, the... the fuck?!? Where's this coming from? And why don't I like it?
Spoiler

I mean... I'm not saying that Movie Sonic merging worlds without regards to possible deaths isn't unlikely, given that it's Paramount and... well... vauge gesture at vast majority of Bayformers. Just seems like a really, really odd direction to go in, ya know? Still, everyone clowned on Endgame's Time Heist when that got leaked, so it all boils down to how they execute it.

Could be great, could be RE Alice-tier. I'll say this much, though... our writers sure have balls.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:
  1. Might wanna spoiler-tag that. Fake or not, no one wants their movie ruined. 😀
  2. If it is true, the... the fuck?!? Where's this coming from? And why don't I like it?
  Hide contents

I mean... I'm not saying that Movie Sonic merging worlds witho clowned on the Time Heist fromut consequence to possible death isn't unlikely, given that it's Paramount and... well... vauge gesture at vast majority of Bayformers. Just seems like a really, really odd direction to go in, ya know? Still, everyone clowned on Endgame's Time Heist when that got leaked, so it all boils down to how they execute it.

Could be great, could be RE Alice-tier. I'll say this much, though... our writers sure have balls.

It'd be a way to explain why humans and mobians (I know they aren't called that but it's all we have) are living together on the same planet without having to deal with portals constantly. Maybe they could use it to get rid of the Warp RIngs entirely so that future stakes are higher and Chaos Control is still powerful.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

It'd be a way to explain why humans and mobians (I know they aren't called that but it's all we have) are living together on the same planet without having to deal with portals constantly. Maybe they could use it to get rid of the Warp RIngs entirely so that future stakes are higher and Chaos Control is still powerful.

True. Still, I do wonder if they have the skills to pull it off. Something even as basic as time travel wasn't introduced to the MCU until Marvel was twenty movies in. Is introducing the merging of entire worlds in movie number two (!) really that smart of an idea? 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

True. Still, I do wonder if they have the skills to pull it off. Something even as basic as time travel wasn't introduced to the MCU until Marvel was twenty movies in. Is introducing the merging of entire worlds in movie number two (!) really that smart of an idea? 

That's true, though I think the reason they took so long to introduce time travel was because it didn't contribute to stories until then. Merging worlds might be tough to pull off well, but if they do it, it'll be in service of making the universe more like the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KingMario05 said:
  Hide contents

I mean... I'm not saying that Movie Sonic merging worlds without regards to possible deaths isn't unlikely, given that it's Paramount and... well... vauge gesture at vast majority of Bayformers. Just seems like a really, really odd direction to go in, ya know? Still, everyone clowned on Endgame's Time Heist when that got leaked, so it all boils down to how they execute it.

Sorry about that

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

but if they do it, it'll be in service of making the universe more like the games.

How's that math add up? When was the last time the human \ mobian interaction was a thing in the main games? 

Unleashed? 

Aside from Eggy of course. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ehh123 said:

Neal McDonough was wasted in the first Sonic movie anyway. You would think Major Bennington would get some type of supporting role, maybe have an antagonistic relationship with Robotnik and Agent Stone. However, after Sonic and Tom escape and go on their road trip, the military's role in capturing Sonic is basically dropped. As Robotnik says, "Nobody cares." I guess his role was cut for time.

Is he coming back for the sequel or is that a different army guy?  If it turns out that he's working for G.U.N or something like that, that would be an interesting plot for the movie.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

How's that math add up? When was the last time the human \ mobian interaction was a thing in the main games? 

Unleashed? 

Aside from Eggy of course. 

I mean the games that they'll actually be basing their stories on, which is everything from Sonic 2 to Sonic Unleashed, and maybe some of the comics eventually.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I mean the games that they'll actually be basing their stories on, which is everything from Sonic 2 to Sonic Unleashed, and maybe some of the comics eventually.

Pretty sure that they are showing that they are playing loose with adapting material 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Pretty sure that they are showing that they are playing loose with adapting material 

So far it's too early to tell, but even if they play things pretty loosely, some characters are closely tied to the story arcs that introduced them and can't be changed up to much without losing the point of the character. And they're still going to take a ton of inspiration from the game stories.

• Thumbs Up 2