Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

Good find! Sonic Movie 2 merch on the way (meanwhile I'm still here waiting on my Diamond Select Sonic Movie 1 statue I pre-ordered a million years ago!)

• Thumbs Up 2

A post from insider Big Screen Leaks who said he got word the trailer is finished (which we knew). The new information is that we will see our first look of Knuckles, which is anyone could have guessed and that it is a little over 2 mins. The bigger point however is that BSL is a relatively high up insider (the type who gets invited by Disney and other companies to see early screenings and sneak peeks). Which means we are at the point where insiders may start having more info.

https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/status/1464620846216105990?s=20

• Thumbs Up 7

Considering what the insider and Ben Schwartz said, we can safely assume that the trailer is completed for sure. It is now for Paramount to decide when to drop it

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, nobukitsu88 said:

A post from insider Big Screen Leaks who said he got word the trailer is finished (which we knew). The new information is that we will see our first look of Knuckles, which is anyone could have guessed and that it is a little over 2 mins. The bigger point however is that BSL is a relatively high up insider (the type who gets invited by Disney and other companies to see early screenings and sneak peeks). Which means we are at the point where insiders may start having more info.

Honestly, I think we knew all this stuff already. Knuckles is getting a ton of merch and marketing so of course he's in the trailer and Ben Schwartz said the trailer was done. The biggest thing that's new is that we know it's two minutes, which I wouldn't call a surprise either.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Honestly, I think we knew all this stuff already. Knuckles is getting a ton of merch and marketing so of course he's in the trailer and Ben Schwartz said the trailer was done. The biggest thing that's new is that we know it's two minutes, which I wouldn't call a surprise either.

Yep like I said it is pretty obvious stuff. It's more about the fact that insiders are getting info about the actual trailer content and length. The trailer was done for awhile but now we have confirmation of lengths and that we know is news getting out directly to insiders about trailer info ala Spider-Man.

• Thumbs Up 7

5 hours ago, nobukitsu88 said:

This is great news, although fans kinda already knew that the trailer was complete.  The real question is when is the trailer going to drop?  I'll just wait for the trailer to drop sometime rather than jump to conclusions about when the trailer is going to drop.

• Thumbs Up 4

48 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

This is great news, although fans kinda already knew that the trailer was complete.  The real question is when is the trailer going to drop?  I'll just wait for the trailer to drop sometime rather than jump to conclusions about when the trailer is going to drop.

Literally any day now, probably on any Tuesday or Thursday. There is also Steve Aoki's Sonic concert on Tuesday, November 30th. It might happen there, but at this point I'm not sure at all

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Frankly, at this point it's gonna be when Paramount feels like it will get the most attention and have the most impact.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, it's nice to see some information about what will be in the trailer. Unfortunately, the guy who confirmed the information doesn't know when it will come out. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait till next year to find out. I'm kind hoping it will come out next month.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, it's nice to see some information about what will be in the trailer. Unfortunately, the guy who confirmed the information doesn't know when it will come out. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait till next year to find out. I'm kind hoping it will come out next month.

I hope it comes out next month too or at least by the end of the year.  There's already some other movies that are coming out in 2022 that already got some trailers out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw that the first Sonic movie is now on Netflix (in the UK, anyway). Not sure if it's on there in other territories. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Just saw that the first Sonic movie is now on Netflix (in the UK, anyway). Not sure if it's on there in other territories. 

It's been in Europe (all of it I believe) for a while, since early September.

• Fist Bump 2

9 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

It's still on Hulu where I live.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would've thought Paramount would have had exclusive rights on their streaming service. Maybe a timed thing, seeing as it's been 18 months now.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I would've thought Paramount would have had exclusive rights on their streaming service. Maybe a timed thing, seeing as it's been 18 months now.

It's a timed thing. Paramount+ didn't go into overdrive until after Sonic debuted and that was mostly because of the pandemic forcing Paramount's hands.

4 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

It's a timed thing. Paramount+ didn't go into overdrive until after Sonic debuted and that was mostly because of the pandemic forcing Paramount's hands.

It does make me wonder that since Paramount is making the Sonic movies, do you think that in the near future, all the Sonic movies will be exclusive to Paramount Plus instead of showing on other streaming services like the first movie is doing?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It does make me wonder that since Paramount is making the Sonic movies, do you think that in the near future, all the Sonic movies will be exclusive to Paramount Plus instead of showing on other streaming services like the first movie is doing?

I guess it depends on what deals they have. We could see new exclusive Sonic content on there though.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I guess it depends on what deals they have. We could see new exclusive Sonic content on there though.

Yeah, I can see Paramount Plus trying to do a miniseries for any of Sonic's friends or just a miniseries for the movie in general.  It would be a good way to compete with Marvel putting their own miniseries on Disney Plus.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Yeah, I can see Paramount Plus trying to do a miniseries for any of Sonic's friends or just a miniseries for the movie in general.  It would be a good way to compete with Marvel putting their own miniseries on Disney Plus.

Tails cartoon from Marza and the Jack Ran guys, please. I don't care how little business sense it makes. That'd be AWESOME.

2 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Tails cartoon from Marza and the Jack Ran guys, please. I don't care how little business sense it makes. That'd be AWESOME.

I definitely would love to see a Tails miniseries about how he lived by himself before he met Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I definitely would love to see a Tails miniseries about how he lived by himself before he met Sonic.

Would be more about him going on his own adventures sans Sonic, lol. Still, either or would be great!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Would be more about him going on his own adventures sans Sonic, lol. Still, either or would be great!

Agree!

• Thumbs Up 1

Did a little recap on what we know so far about the trailer.:

Also, I hear that the trailer will be attached to the new Scream movie coming next month.:

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorry for the double post. Just want to give an update about this.:

35 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Did a little recap on what we know so far about the trailer.:

Also, I hear that the trailer will be attached to the new Scream movie coming next month.:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

So... Game Awards debut, right? Has to be, at this point.

Also, advertising Sonic in front of a fucking slasher flick sure is... a choice, Paramount.

Spoiler

inb4 Sonic 2 is a hard-R action pic now lol

• Thumbs Up 1