Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

13 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

So they are just getting into Storyboards?

Hmmm, most of this year mustve been spent with the script, concept art, and modeling. The fact they're now in the storyboards will most likely mean Ben Schwartz will be recording lines in the next few months.

I guess so. We should expect to also see some new cast members soon.

We should get some casting news either this or next month. If there are any new stars they may want to announce them to use them for big promotion as they did with Sonic Movie 1.

The tweet got deleted. I doubt its because of an NDA otherwise I think a Vet like Marc would have kept his mouth shut.

I think he was just asked to remove it because it gives too much away about the current timetable the movie is on.

That or he was afraid that Sonic fans would bug him to hell and back about plot details. 

4 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

The tweet got deleted. I doubt its because of an NDA otherwise I think a Vet like Marc would have kept his mouth shut.

I think he was just asked to remove it because it gives too much away about the current timetable the movie is on.

That or he was afraid that Sonic fans would bug him to hell and back about plot details. 

Probably it gives too much away about the current timetable the movie is on. His post on Instagram is still here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIgPz-SjfNO/

Edit: Oh wait, never mind. He deleted it as well.

Definitely not before 2020 is over I bet you. I dont think much promotional for the next year happens around this time. Maybe the weeks after New Year's. 

• Promotion 1

2 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Definitely not before 2020 is over I bet you. I dont think much promotional for the next year happens around this time. Maybe the weeks after New Year's. 

I can see that happening too.  They haven't started filming yet, so they will probably wait a few months before March to show some more promotional material for the sequel.

So, according to one of his replies which was deleted, he had been working on the movie storyboards since September.:

96d7bf1c44c766e7d1a2cb0414c0025d46ca44e7.jpg

Also, I think we will probably likely to see more news next year. I'm very glad to see things are going well for the production.

54 minutes ago, Graystripe2000 said:

Probably going to get casting news next.

I wonder who they will cast in the sequel.

I wonder how many will come back from the first film. I genuinely enjoyed minor characters like Agent Stone and Wade but I’m unsure of where they would sit in a sequel, especially if any large amount of it took place away from Earth.

Fully expecting the main 4 of Ben Schwarz, Jim Carrey, James Marsden and Tika Sumpter to return though.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, caitash said:

I wonder how many will come back from the first film. I genuinely enjoyed minor characters like Agent Stone and Wade but I’m unsure of where they would sit in a sequel, especially if any large amount of it took place away from Earth.

Fully expecting the main 4 of Ben Schwarz, Jim Carrey, James Marsden and Tika Sumpter to return though.

I can see the main four (Carrey, Schwarz, Marsden and Sumpter) coming back.  I'm not sure how much of the sequel will take place on Earth though, which would mean that side characters like Agent Stone might get left behind.

I think some people are setting themselves up for disappointment with how much Earth won't feature in the 2nd movie. 

16 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I think some people are setting themselves up for disappointment with how much Earth won't feature in the 2nd movie. 

Agree.  Some people even think that the whole movie will take place on Sonic's planet, even though in the grand scheme of things, that wouldn't make sense since they already set things up on Earth and it wouldn't make any sense to not have the sequel have some scenes on Earth to make the transition from Earth to Sonic's world flow smoothly.

6 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Realistically I’m expecting most of it to be on Earth (which does bode well for my hopes of seeing more of the minor characters). Earth is where Sonic is with his new adopted family, it’s where Tails has seemingly gone to some effort to get to for whatever reason he has, and that’s where Jim Carey’s Robotnik is trying to get ‘home’ to as his goal. The only stuff away from Earth is likely to be flashback stuff (Tails’ probably-brief backstory, possibly Longclaw/echidna tribe) and Robotnik’s surroundings while he’s trying to get home to Earth.  It would be too jarring to suddenly ditch most of the established human characters and go running off to other planets in the second installment, but, I guess a lot of it hinges on exactly why Tails is looking for Sonic. Assuming of course that it’s Sonic he’s looking for in the first place, since it was only clarified that he’s found ‘him’.

14 minutes ago, caitash said:

Realistically I’m expecting most of it to be on Earth (which does bode well for my hopes of seeing more of the minor characters). Earth is where Sonic is with his new adopted family, it’s where Tails has seemingly gone to some effort to get to for whatever reason he has, and that’s where Jim Carey’s Robotnik is trying to get ‘home’ to as his goal. The only stuff away from Earth is likely to be flashback stuff (Tails’ probably-brief backstory, possibly Longclaw/echidna tribe) and Robotnik’s surroundings while he’s trying to get home to Earth.  It would be too jarring to suddenly ditch most of the established human characters and go running off to other planets in the second installment, but, I guess a lot of it hinges on exactly why Tails is looking for Sonic. Assuming of course that it’s Sonic he’s looking for in the first place, since it was only clarified that he’s found ‘him’.

That's what I'm curious about also.  Just why was Tails looking for Sonic in the first place?  I guess, if it has something to do with Tails searching for someone to help him rescue the animals on their planet because Dr. Robotnik ended up kidnapping them to build a machine that will get him home, then at least, the second half of the film will take place on Sonic's world.  However, if Tails just came to Earth to meet Sonic, then most of the movie might take place on Earth.  It really comes down to why Tails is on Earth in the first place if the movie will mostly be on Earth or be on Sonic's home planet.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

That's what I'm curious about also.  Just why was Tails looking for Sonic in the first place?  I guess, if it has something to do with Tails searching for someone to help him rescue the animals on their planet because Dr. Robotnik ended up kidnapping them to build a machine that will get him home, then at least, the second half of the film will take place on Sonic's world.  However, if Tails just came to Earth to meet Sonic, then most of the movie might take place on Earth.  It really comes down to why Tails is on Earth in the first place if the movie will mostly be on Earth or be on Sonic's home planet.

Maybe split between both, which would be a good idea to explore more of them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Snowragnarok said:

Maybe split between both, which would be a good idea to explore more of them. 

That would be great if they focus on both Earth and Sonic's world in one movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

That would be great if they focus on both Earth and Sonic's world in one movie.

Yeah. Jumping back and forth between worlds. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I know this might not mean anything, but what if Tails looking for Agent Stone instead of Sonic?

Also, the storyboard artist for the sequel made a joke about announcing some news.:

• Chuckle 1

15 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

If that was the case, how would Tails know about Agent Stone?

I don't know, maybe Tails know him when he was younger and somehow got to Earth like Sonic did. It's possible that Agent Stone did take care of him before Tails somehow go back to his world? I don't know, that's what I was thinking.