Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

I saw the picture before reading your comment and I got excited for a second. I could only dream. Like a movie tie in that takes place before the movie focusing on Tails. 

22 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yea, I agree. It's doesn't mean anything, but an TV show based on the Sonic movie would be nice to see. That would be cool and interesting to see. Something maybe like this for example.:

EWuWrBKXkAAGaS7?format=jpg&name=medium

OH MY GOD!  Where did you find that?  This looks amazing!  It would be nice to have a TV series where Tails goes on his own adventures!

10 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

OH MY GOD!  Where did you find that?  This looks amazing!  It would be nice to have a TV series where Tails goes on his own adventures!

Well, this is from an very popular Sonic fan, named sonic_cosplayer. Colleen love the idea of an show.:

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, this is from an very popular Sonic fan, named sonic_cosplayer. Colleen love the idea of an show.:

Cool! Glad Colleen liked it!  By the way, this may seem like a random question, but how do you feel about Sonic giving Tails a noogie in the sequel if it happens?  Would you be interested since it would show Sonic and Tails' bond with each other or do you think it would be weird?

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2020 at 11:50 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Cool! Glad Colleen liked it!  By the way, this may seem like a random question, but how do you feel about Sonic giving Tails a noogie in the sequel if it happens?  Would you be interested since it would show Sonic and Tails' bond with each other or do you think it would be weird?

spacer.png

I think it would be interesting, cool, and, cute to see Sonic giving Tails a noogie. This could show that they are best buddies. I would love to see that in the sequel.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I think it would be interesting, cool, and, cute to see Sonic giving Tails a noogie. This could show that they are best buddies. I would love to see that in the sequel.

Me too! Actually, I would love to see a lot of moments between Sonic and Tails in the sequel since their friendship in the games is iconic.

Well, apparently, the Batman got moved into March 2022, which is an month before the Sonic movie sequel released. You think this could affect the sequel’s box office performance? I had an feeling it will get push back because of that. BTW, Matrix 4 got push back to next year.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/the-batman-delays-release-to-2022-as-warner-bros-shuffles-calendar

One Sonic fan think that it might get push back.:

https://mobile.twitter.com/o_Azul35/status/1313495922727432201

If it does get pushed back because of this, I wouldn't mind because that would give the crew more time to work with the movie or the movie would have a better chance of performing at the box office if it moves away from Batman.  Batman has been in the movie industry for a long time, so I can definitely see a lot of people wanting to see Batman.  If the sequel does stay where it's at, it's possible that Batman might affect its box office numbers.  But it also depends on what other movie will be coming out in May of 2022.  If a Marvel movie came out in May, then yes, the Sonic sequel needs to move away from that in order to perform well since the Marvel movies have been performing well in the box office for years now.

Make of this what you will guys.

There’s reports of a solo Eggman movie being proposed at Paramount.

Details are here:

The Eggman segment starts a 9:25

Enjoy.

Yeah I heard about that. As someone who enjoyed the original movie, I am not sure how I would feel about that actually. I know Jim Carry's performance stole the show, but I feel like Eggman is a character that works better in certain context and not as the entire focus. 

But I might be very wrong and I am not against it either. Just not sure if an Eggman film is what I would be more inclined to see versus a film focusing on the other animal characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean. Eggman does have a very good potential backstory for exploration, and it could lead to future sequels. 

His connection to Gerald and ARK would be very prime material. 

• Way Past Cool 1

Yeah. It would really depend on how they make it. That could be a better route to take. I know for a fact my opinion is unpopular so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what I say. That and I am not against it either. 

I've actually been hearing about this after the movie was released that they were planning on making a movie about Eggman.  I will admit that at first, I was a bit against the idea because as much as I like Eggman as a character, I don't know if he could hold his own movie.  However, after giving this some thought, I am a bit curious to see where they are going to take this movie.  Is it going to be a prequel of sorts that explains Eggman's backstory and maybe introduce some important characters to the franchise like Gerald Robotnik and Shadow, or is it going to be about his time on the Mushroom Planet?  The possibilities are endless and I am interested in seeing what they are going to do with this movie.  I just hope that the movie is still good.

Re: Solo-Eggman... I’m not AGAINST the idea, but I like Jim Carrey’s Eggman when he’s bantering and bouncing off Sonic and co so I’m at that ‘middling’ ground where basically it’s for Paramount to put the effort in to convince me to see it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, caitash said:

Re: Solo-Eggman... I’m not AGAINST the idea, but I like Jim Carrey’s Eggman when he’s bantering and bouncing off Sonic and co so I’m at that ‘middling’ ground where basically it’s for Paramount to put the effort in to convince me to see it. 

I mean, in the first movie, the Sonic vs Eggman banter literally happens... for a couple of minutes. Which is my main criticism about it. I'm kind of opposed to a Robotnik solo film to be honest. I don't want them to exaggerate and cash grab too much.

I suspect this may be more to do with the pandemic, rather than any cash grab. This would be easier to make with minimal crew and Jim Carrey (found footage would make it easier again).

2 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I suspect this may be more to do with the pandemic, rather than any cash grab. This would be easier to make with minimal crew and Jim Carrey (found footage would make it easier again).

Wouldn't it be much easier to do a solo Knuckles film since they wouldn't have to worry about using live actors during this pandemic?

Actors would still have to do voice recordings, and may still require engineers and directors nearby.

22 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Actors would still have to do voice recordings, and may still require engineers and directors nearby.

Oh yeah.  I forgot about the voice actors and the directors still having to meet each other for the voice direction.

I'm sure the tweet is still around somewhere (first posted in April or May), but Steve Blum pretty much said exactly this. 

Even if they have a really good setup in their homes, they probably can't just send files over the internet for full film projects for security reasons. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If there is a spin-off movie, I personally want it to have CGI characters, I agree that it sounds a better decision now due to the pandemic, it would make sense, and I also prefer it that way, so either a Knuckles movie or a Shadow movie, Knuckles will get his own spin in the main movie probably, which leaves Shadow, if Jim Carrey wants to tag along for a spin-off too, it'll be great, but a Robotnik only movie with no animal characters? Why? Because the whole thing is live-action? I don't know, not my cup of tea.

Plus if it's a prequel, it wouldn't be Eggman. It may not even have Jim Carrey. We know we are already lucky if he sticks around for 2 sequels, to complete the trilogy.

If they want to do a spin-off, I'd rather have a limited series tv show, short and few episodes centered on Sonic & Tails exploring the universe, or maybe Tails and Maddie adventures in Green Hills? I dunno, Sonic & Tails would be ideal. Still, a low stakes series set after Sonic movie 2.

26 minutes ago, Jack out of the comics! said:

If there is a spin-off movie, I personally want it to have CGI characters, I agree that it sounds a better decision now due to the pandemic, it would make sense, and I also prefer it that way, so either a Knuckles movie or a Shadow movie, Knuckles will get his own spin in the main movie probably, which leaves Shadow, if Jim Carrey wants to tag along for a spin-off too, it'll be great, but a Robotnik only movie with no animal characters? Why? Because the whole thing is live-action? I don't know, not my cup of tea.

Plus if it's a prequel, it wouldn't be Eggman. It may not even have Jim Carrey. We know we are already lucky if he sticks around for 2 sequels, to complete the trilogy.

If they want to do a spin-off, I'd rather have a limited series tv show, short and few episodes centered on Sonic & Tails exploring the universe, or maybe Tails and Maddie adventures in Green Hills? I dunno, Sonic & Tails would be ideal. Still, a low stakes series set after Sonic movie 2.

I agree with this.  It probably would be a better idea to do a miniseries or something like that that features the Sonic characters from the movies, rather than doing full on spin off movies for theaters.  The Sonic universe has a lot of characters and there's no way that all of these characters can fit into the films without shafting several characters in the process.  As for the Robotnik movie, what kind of story can they tell with Robotnik?  Like, is it going to be a prequel or is it going to take place between the first movie and the sequel?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree with this.  It probably would be a better idea to do a miniseries or something like that that features the Sonic characters from the movies, rather than doing full on spin off movies for theaters.  The Sonic universe has a lot of characters and there's no way that all of these characters can fit into the films without shafting several characters in the process.  As for the Robotnik movie, what kind of story can they tell with Robotnik?  Like, is it going to be a prequel or is it going to take place between the first movie and the sequel?

If there is in fact a spin-off, film or tv series, it's gonna be after the sequel I'm guessing, because 2 is already in development.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2020 at 10:32 PM, Eurisko said:

Make of this what you will guys.

There’s reports of a solo Eggman movie being proposed at Paramount.

Details are here:

The Eggman segment starts a 9:25

Enjoy.

I thought this was the same Robotnik movie rumor that was covered by this website called We Got This Covered which is known for not being an reliable source months ago and the other one that was also covered by them last week.:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/sonic-hedgehog-movie-spawn-trilogy/

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/paramount-reportedly-doctor-robotnik-sonic-spinoff-jim-carrey/

However, I guess it's seem like this is an different kind of rumor covered by an different guy according to the video. Anyway, I think if any Sonic movie spinoffs like that rumored Robotnik movie going to be happen, it will probably likely happen after the sequel.

BTW, I found this WIP artwork poster. It look official. This could give us an glimpse of what the movie could be like. Also, this remind me of the concept art of some of the Marvel movies.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 2

I hadn't heard anything before this video. It'd be a nice idea though I doubt anything will come of it. I hope they just concentrate on the sequel for now.

• Thumbs Up 1