Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

19 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wonder if she is going to possibly maybe record lines for the movie sequel could be the reason why she will not voice Tails in the show.

BTW, she just post this. So, maybe there is still a chance.:

I do wonder if Colleen is voicing Tails in the movie.  With the sudden shift in most of the voice actors leaving, it makes me wonder if Colleen is next and they decided to hire a young celebrity to voice Tails.

Jeff recently posted this today. I wonder what this means? It's probably look like he is getting filming permits to filmed in Vancouver next month.:

• Thumbs Up 1

On the one hand he'd be pretty good as Knuckles on the other the Illuminerdi have been claiming for months that Hasbro cut toes with Toei and will cease using Super Sentai Footage for Power Rangers with no references other than "Dude Trust Me" so I won't believe it until I hear it from other sources.

46 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Jason Momoa (Aquaman) rumored to play Knuckles.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt since it's just a rumor, but I never considered Jason Mamoa to voice Knuckles.  I wonder what he would sound like as Knuckles?  I'm pretty curious about this!

• Thumbs Up 1

I never considered Jason Momoa as Knuckles, but in hindsight he seems like a pretty obvious choice. Unfortunately my mum has a bit of a thing for Momoa so if the rumours turn out to be true, I’ll never hear the end of it... :wacko:

• Thumbs Up 3

Here are some videos of how he may sound like.:

Little interesting fun fact: Jason  Momoa was born in Hawaii, which is where they will be filming there soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Little interesting fun fact: Jason  Momoa was born in Hawaii, which is where they will be filming there soon.

Oh! I didn't know that Jason Momoa was born in Hawaii! Maybe that's why they wanted to get him!

It's look like Ben is ready to work on the sequel.:

"I know that the sequel's happening, and they're gonna start filming soon," Schwartz said. "But because I'm the voice behind a speaker, I don't know any exact dates or anything like that. But I'm excited, I read the script and it's awesome."

Schwartz does not seem to have a concrete date for when he will start lending his voice to Sonic again, though he might simply be keeping it to himself for now. Either way, it must be coming soon as the process for bringing the character to life calls for a collaboration throughout the entire cast. "Sometimes I read, like for the first one we did a big table read beforehand," Schwartz explained. "And, so we do a bit of that and then I record a bunch of my lines beforehand so they can play with it. But I'm the one that sees it on screen and I get to play with that they've filmed. So I get to really play with that."

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

It's look like Ben is ready to work on the sequel.:

"I know that the sequel's happening, and they're gonna start filming soon," Schwartz said. "But because I'm the voice behind a speaker, I don't know any exact dates or anything like that. But I'm excited, I read the script and it's awesome."

Schwartz does not seem to have a concrete date for when he will start lending his voice to Sonic again, though he might simply be keeping it to himself for now. Either way, it must be coming soon as the process for bringing the character to life calls for a collaboration throughout the entire cast. "Sometimes I read, like for the first one we did a big table read beforehand," Schwartz explained. "And, so we do a bit of that and then I record a bunch of my lines beforehand so they can play with it. But I'm the one that sees it on screen and I get to play with that they've filmed. So I get to really play with that."

Cool! Saying that the script is awesome has me really excited for the movie!

Wasn't expecting to hear Emerald Hill! Hopefully we'll actually see more of Sonic's world in this movie.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

I really hope the pandemic will be gone by then. Otherwise this movie is gonna get delayed multiple times just like with James Bond No time to die considering that this movie has a higher budget than the first movie had and if it only releases on demand it won't make as much money as a cinema release would. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I really hope the pandemic will be gone by then. Otherwise this movie is gonna get delayed multiple times just like with James Bond No time to die considering that this movie has a higher budget than the first movie had and if it only releases on demand it won't make as much money as a cinema release would. 

There’s nothing to suggest the budget is higher than the first. All we have on that front is the “over $20 million” thing from a while back when we found out it’s filming in Vancouver. 

Considering they are using a lot of classic stuff and not so much modern, I assume we are getting some classic boss music? If any.

Yeah, that's a neat EH remix. Hope we get to see Emerald Hill as a full location instead of Green Hill. 

Still think "Knuckles The Echidna in Sonic The Hedgehog 2" would have been a better name for the sequel :P

• Chuckle 4

1 hour ago, Graystripe2000 said:

There’s nothing to suggest the budget is higher than the first. All we have on that front is the “over $20 million” thing from a while back when we found out it’s filming in Vancouver. 

I mean it's not cheap to film in Hawaii.

Oh my god!  That's amazing!! I loved the way that the 2 is shaped into two tails to represent Tails! Now I'm more excited than ever to watch the sequel!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well he's literally indigenous Hawaiian, so.

As for his voice... it feels a bit too deep and gruff for Knuckles as is.

Douglas Einar Olsen who did the storyboards for the first one is going to return to the ones for the sequel.:

Also, Adam Pally who played Wade tweeted something about Sonic. I think this is the first time that he talk something Sonic related on his social media. I think we can safely assume that he will return to the second one.: