Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

10 hours ago, caitash said:

(Also wondering if maybe Agent Stone either abandons or turns against him in future movie plots, thus cementing Orbot’s existance, since Jim Carrey’s Eggman has already sowed the seeds by saying he prefers robots to humans as they ‘do what they’re told to do’)

Could see that happening. That would be interesting.

So, I think I see this reference before. Someone had point out that the Zillow propety owner's name is Amy Rose. Many people think this means no Amy in future sequels which I don't believe it. I doubt a small reference in the movie destroy any chances of  Amy appearing in future sequels.

• My Emmerdoods 2

Yeah it is just a reference that 99 percent of people wouldn't even notice. It also isn't unrealistic that somebody's name is Amy Rose. In fact I think I saw that exact name before in real life. Means nothing about whether Amy appears.

I just think Amy won't be in the next film because of screentime like others said. I want Tails (Knuckles if he appears) to be properly fleshed out so they have back stories and don't just pop in. Which is already hard to do in 90 minutes. 

I honestly don't see how a character's name appearing in a movie would mean that they won't show up in the movies.  Actually, I think that it makes it more likely that said character will appear in the movies.  I just don't think that Amy Rose should be introduced yet because they still got Tails and Knuckles to introduce into the movie verse.  I can see Amy appearing in either a third or fourth movie in the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, you know about that Burger Princess set that was supposed to be in the movie? What if they used it for the sequel? Maybe we can have a scene of Sonic and Tails playing with the Burger Queen drive-thru operator. That would be funny.:

Spoiler

EZtPXESU4AEzxNF?format=jpg&name=medium

EZtPXESUEAAh8CG?format=jpg&name=large

6 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wonder if we will see Tikal in the sequel? We see her father,Pachacamac in the beginning of the movie.:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20200407044851

450?cb=20110331214958latest?cb=20200602170949latest?cb=20180521195428

It would be interesting to see Tikal in the movies.  I imagine that they will rewrite her character to be more like an action girl, but still have her priorities of protecting the chao and the temples that her father tried to take over.

7 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

You know, I had a feeling we might see Baby Sonic again in the sequel. He will probably just appear in flashback scenes.

I think that might happen too. I actually think that the sequel will try to explore more of Sonic's backstory, as well as Tails' backstory.

46 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I think that might happen too. I actually think that the sequel will try to explore more of Sonic's backstory, as well as Tails' backstory.

Yea, maybe we might possibly even seen Baby Tails for first time. I bet he will look cute like Baby Sonic and also sound cuter.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2020 at 1:28 AM, CaptainRobo said:

So, you know about that Burger Princess set that was supposed to be in the movie? What if they used it for the sequel? Maybe we can have a scene of Sonic and Tails playing with the Burger Queen drive-thru operator. That would be funny.:

Hide contents

EZtPXESU4AEzxNF?format=jpg&name=medium

EZtPXESUEAAh8CG?format=jpg&name=large

They could use it to introduce a new character as well... 

Sal-gal? 

Given the whole “Mushroom Planet” deal, Sonic might also make a snide remark or two about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Sal-gal? 

Given the whole “Mushroom Planet” deal, Sonic might also make a snide remark or two about this.

Sal-gal would be a showcin for Sally, but I doubt they’ll introduce here. Amy Rose has a better chance of appearing IMHO. 

21 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Sal-gal? 

Sal-gal would be a shoe in for Sally Acorn, but I doubt they’ll introduce here. Amy Rose has a better chance of appearing IMHO. 

2 hours ago, Titan Mecha Sonic said:

Sal-gal would be a showcin for Sally, but I doubt they’ll introduce here. Amy Rose has a better chance of appearing IMHO. 

Yeah, I don't see Sally making an appearance in the movies any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, this doesn't mean that much, but yesterday was both Colleen's and Ben's birthday. Coincidentally, they are both in the movie. Ben did have some interactions with Colleen.:

Interestingly, they were both born 10 years apart. Ben was born in 1981, while Colleen was born in 1971.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, this doesn't mean that much, but yesterday was both Colleen's and Ben's birthday. Coincidentally, they are both in the movie. Ben did have some interactions with Colleen.:

Interestingly, they were both born 10 years apart. Ben was born in 1981, while Colleen was born in 1971.

I wish Colleen and Ben a belated happy birthday!

Maybe we could later get a TV show covering some of the less-appreciated characters? If the film series is successful enough, though. That would actually be a pretty neat thing, and hopefully they’d be able to crossover with the films. 

I know this probably won't mean anything, but I saw this on Twitter.:

Translate: In Vancouver they are offering employment to air fresheners for a television show and just look who appears in the image Eyes
Is a short / series coming? Will it be for # SonicMovie2?

I doubt this is for the sequel, since there are no news of any new cast members casted for the sequel yet. This is probably just one of the companies which work on the movie offering people to work an TV show that have nothing to do with the sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is interesting... it may be a spin-off/ live-action tv show. I hope it's focused still on Sonic, at this point who else? He's CGI, it's possible. Robotnik will likely not appear because of Jim Carrey being too famous, but Ben Schwartz? Why not?

I hope it's not focused solely on the humans frankly, as cool as they are, I don't want a Maddie spin-off, it wouldn't be interesting AT ALL. Maybe a Tails and Maddie spin-off, though? Just throwing out ideas. Or Sonic's adventures in the real world.

Edit: Still, it may be absolutely nothing, about Sonic I mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I know this probably won't mean anything, but I saw this on Twitter.:

Translate: In Vancouver they are offering employment to air fresheners for a television show and just look who appears in the image Eyes
Is a short / series coming? Will it be for # SonicMovie2?

I doubt this is for the sequel, since there are no news of any new cast members casted for the sequel yet. This is probably just one of the companies which work on the movie offering people to work an TV show that have nothing to do with the sequel.

Probably doesn't mean anything, especially since it's still too early for the Sonic movie to get its own TV series.  Although, if it did get its own TV series, I wonder who they will focus on for the series. Will it be the human characters or the Sonic characters?  Or maybe they will go a similar route that Marvel is going by introducing side characters into smaller movies like Wandavision.

The only characters I can think of that would work in this format would be the Chaotix (if they're introduced). A bit of a case of the week, trying to keep the lights on story.

46 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Probably doesn't mean anything, especially since it's still too early for the Sonic movie to get its own TV series.  Although, if it did get its own TV series, I wonder who they will focus on for the series. Will it be the human characters or the Sonic characters?  Or maybe they will go a similar route that Marvel is going by introducing side characters into smaller movies like Wandavision.

Yea, I agree. It's doesn't mean anything, but an TV show based on the Sonic movie would be nice to see. That would be cool and interesting to see. Something maybe like this for example.:

EWuWrBKXkAAGaS7?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thumbs Up 1