Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

7 hours ago, Eurisko said:

I hadn't heard anything before this video. It'd be a nice idea though I doubt anything will come of it. I hope they just concentrate on the sequel for now.

I agree. I think it's more important to focus on the sequel at the moment, although they could brain storm some ideas for some potential sequel movies if the sequel does well.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, it's turned out that Robotnik movie rumor was debunked once again. 

UPDATE: I can confirm this rumor is false after entering in contact with some sources related to the Sonic Movie’s production.

https://aawesomepenguin.tumblr.com/day/2020/10/07/

I don't think we would see any spinoffs in development, probably after the sequel is released. Besides, the sequel had an official release date.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

UPDATE: I can confirm this rumor is false after entering in contact with some sources related to the Sonic Movie’s production.

https://aawesomepenguin.tumblr.com/day/2020/10/07/

I don't think we would see any spinoffs in development, probably after the sequel is released. Besides, the sequel had an official release date.

I kind of figured that the Robotnik spin off movie wouldn't happen (at least not at this moment). It's a bit too soon for them to start thinking about doing spin off movies, especially since we only got one movie so far and we don't know how well the sequel will do since it hasn't come out yet. I think that if the sequel does do well, we might be getting some reports about possible spin off movies in the near future.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad it's been debunked so we know once and for all. Also, Jim isn't a big fan of running characters into the ground with sequels, we are lucky he likes playing Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2020 at 6:59 PM, CaptainRobo said:

I for one am glad. Jim Carrey can’t carry a movie alone anymore. I was suprised in the Sonic Movie (2020) that I found Carrey only moderately funny, and was ROFL at Ben Schwartz’s performance as Sonic. 

10 hours ago, Eurisko said:

I'm glad it's been debunked so we know once and for all. Also, Jim isn't a big fan of running characters into the ground with sequels, we are lucky he likes playing Eggman.

That's what got me.  I was pretty sure that Jim Carrey didn't like doing sequels that much, so having him get his own solo film would mean that technically he would be in a sequel.  Besides, if Jim Carrey decided not to play Dr. Robotnik anymore, then there's other villains in the franchise that the movie could pick from like Chaos, Mephiles the Dark and the Biolizard to name a few.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

On 10/18/2020 at 7:40 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

That's what got me.  I was pretty sure that Jim Carrey didn't like doing sequels that much, so having him get his own solo film would mean that technically he would be in a sequel.  Besides, if Jim Carrey decided not to play Dr. Robotnik anymore, then there's other villains in the franchise that the movie could pick from like Chaos, Mephiles the Dark and the Biolizard to name a few.  

The biolizard was basically just a final boss and a mindless beast 

2 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

The biolizard was basically just a final boss and a mindless beast 

They could give the biolizard more depth in the movies, if they want to.  Although, maybe a better choice would be Gerald Robotnik since he's got more depth than the biolizard.

7783F9C7-47C8-40B3-843B-9355FBEB006D.thumb.jpeg.348d9985f385dac701c82c48502ceb64.jpeg

i know this is fan made, but does anyone know if they intend to have Knux and Amy in the sequel? I think having Amy this early is too much, she should be in Sonic 3. 

24A6716A-35B4-4A1C-9EE8-60C9CD4B05D9.thumb.jpeg.b9bacbdf64bc4f4bf1a6cd518a24181a.jpeg

I have to say this made me smile. However, I think it is highly unlikely Shadow would appear in this sequel (99.99% sure Shadow would never be in Sonic The Movie 2). He would more likely appear as an antagonist in Sonic 4 or 5. 

I see the first three films (2020-24) being centered around the classic Sonic games, Sonic OG to Sonic CD.  Then Adventure would be next, which makes me think Sonic the Movie 4 would be Chaos and 5 would be Project Shadow. 

• Chuckle 1

You will not see, Amy , shadow, or anything else like that. The main reason Sonic worked its cause you can not bloat a movie with to much. Its a hour and 40 minutes for most films today normally. The next film will be broken into several segments and not enough to devote to pulling multiple characters out of a hat nor do we need that many. Tails will show up and their will most likely be interaction between sonic and him and tom and possibly family to some extent, then you will need cut ins to eggman and whatever he is up to every now and again in the film, possibly agent stone trying to find him to some extent. You will have sonic and tails travel to his original world to try and track down eggman with sonic exploring his hold home a bit and remembering his childhood a bit. Eggman will show up with some new plot or device. poooooooooosbily metal sonic but somewhat eh this early in the film franchise (or eggman tricking the echidna tribe promising to help them gain sonics power. But he will beat sonic the first time. Sonic will recoup and the last act will be him and tails teaming up to take him down again. Movie ending will involve knuckles possibly

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

53 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

You will not see, Amy , shadow, or anything else like that. The main reason Sonic worked its cause you can not bloat a movie with to much. Its a hour and 40 minutes for most films today normally. The next film will be broken into several segments and not enough to devote to pulling multiple characters out of a hat nor do we need that many. Tails will show up and their will most likely be interaction between sonic and him and tom and possibly family to some extent, then you will need cut ins to eggman and whatever he is up to every now and again in the film, possibly agent stone trying to find him to some extent. You will have sonic and tails travel to his original world to try and track down eggman with sonic exploring his hold home a bit and remembering his childhood a bit. Eggman will show up with some new plot or device. poooooooooosbily metal sonic but somewhat eh this early in the film franchise (or eggman tricking the echidna tribe promising to help them gain sonics power. But he will beat sonic the first time. Sonic will recoup and the last act will be him and tails teaming up to take him down again. Movie ending will involve knuckles possibly

That’s why I said Shadow would have to be in Sonic The Movie 5, but this topic is about Sonic The Movie 2. I agree no Amy. If I was SEGA, I’d make this film Sonic and Tails only, like Sonic 2 the Game, then in post credits scene I’d have Knuckles appear saying, “I will get those emeralds from that thieving hedgehog,” or “At last I have found you blue demon.”  

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I definitely agree with all this.  The movies play by different rules from the games.  You can't just jam in so many characters in one movie and expect the audience to get invested in all of these characters at once.  You need time to develop each character so that way the audience would understand what is going on with both the characters and the plot.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I definitely agree with all this.  The movies play by different rules from the games.  You can't just jam in so many characters in one movie and expect the audience to get invested in all of these characters at once.  You need time to develop each character so that way the audience would understand what is going on with both the characters and the plot.

You do have to consider these films are as much for the fans who know all these characters intimately. So it stands to reason SEGA can introduce more characters more quickly. However, I agree that slow is best, allowing the characters to develop rather than compete for attention with a pantheon of other characters. 

5 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

You do have to consider these films are as much for the fans who know all these characters intimately. So it stands to reason SEGA can introduce more characters more quickly. However, I agree that slow is best, allowing the characters to develop rather than compete for attention with a pantheon of other characters. 

Also, introducing characters in a more natural way can help establish a cinematic universe for the franchise, something that they could compete with Marvel at.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Also, introducing characters in a more natural way can help establish a cinematic universe for the franchise, something that they could compete with Marvel at.

I throughly hope a Sonic Cinematic Universe is forged. It would ensure more films are made and more importantly, that SEGA delievers higher quality games that tie into the films. 

7 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

I throughly hope a Sonic Cinematic Universe is forged. It would ensure more films are made and more importantly, that SEGA delievers higher quality games that tie into the films. 

I hope SEGA makes better games eventually.  It seems like they are just pushing out Sonic games instead of just taking the time to develop them and make them good.

18 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I hope SEGA makes better games eventually.  It seems like they are just pushing out Sonic games instead of just taking the time to develop them and make them good.

I agree, what is odd is an easy game for the Sonic Movie (2022) was in the credits. It was basically Sonic 2-CD with Jim Carrey’s Botnik and some changes. 

7 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

I agree, what is odd is an easy game for the Sonic Movie (2022) was in the credits. It was basically Sonic 2-CD with Jim Carrey’s Botnik and some changes. 

It would be interesting to see SEGA make a video game based off the Sonic movie using the 16 bit graphics.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It would be interesting to see SEGA make a video game based off the Sonic movie using the 16 bit graphics.

Indeed, it would be a precedent for starting movie tie-in games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Indeed, it would be a precedent for starting movie tie-in games. 

If SEGA does decide to do this though, I hope it's good.  Video games that are based off of movies tend to have a bad reputation of not being that good.  Although, given the long history that Sonic has for video games, it shouldn't turn out too horribly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Rabbitearsblog said:

If SEGA does decide to do this though, I hope it's good.  Video games that are based off of movies tend to have a bad reputation of not being that good.  Although, given the long history that Sonic has for video games, it shouldn't turn out too horribly.

And in there lies the key, expecations are low and so the chances of a break out hit are higher because no one expects a hit based on the movie. 

22 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

And in there lies the key, expecations are low and so the chances of a break out hit are higher because no one expects a hit based on the movie. 

Pretty much what happened with the movie itself.  Most people thought that the movie would fail. But it ended up being a big box office hit and now many people are clamoring for a sequel!

59 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Pretty much what happened with the movie itself.  Most people thought that the movie would fail. But it ended up being a big box office hit and now many people are clamoring for a sequel!

Very astute and excellent point. 

Here’s to hoping SEGA can pull off a second wonder and many hits. May the creators of the Blue Blur restore the faith of the fans. 

16 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Very astute and excellent point. 

Here’s to hoping SEGA can pull off a second wonder and many hits. May the creators of the Blue Blur restore the faith of the fans. 

I hope the next few movies do well. I really want Sonic to get back on his game again.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

I do hope they have some game songs in the sequel, like how about for the soundtrack Ben Schwartz do a cover of it doesn’t matter, they can just have a scene of the wachowskis having a karaoke night and sonic finds the song