Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

29 minutes ago, Graystripe2000 said:

Just a rumor. I said to take it with a grain of salt.

It would be interesting if this does happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if Knuckles actually did show up in the sequel since there's a lot of build up to his character in the first movie (or at least to his Echidna clan).

33 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It would be interesting if this does happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if Knuckles actually did show up in the sequel since there's a lot of build up to his character in the first movie (or at least to his Echidna clan).

I agree, many have speculated that Knuckles is one of the Echidnas that is after Sonic before Sonic is transported to our world.  

Tails Channel has themselves verified that the part about Knuckles is true. They can't confirm the finer details, but they are certain that Knuckles is there. 

Knuckles was obvious but good to see. We basically know what he'll look like too.

I thought of a way to introduce Amy Rose. She could be Tails friend or someone who needs saving and after Robotnik is beaten she views Sonic as her hero. At the end she could give him a big hug that makes Sonic feel embarrassed or awkward. That'd be cute.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is the least exciting rumor I can think of, starting with the fact that it is a bloody rumor.

If I told you there will be 1 more games character, 90% of you would guess it's Knuckles,

I'll make a rumor. Next X-men reboot will have Wolverine in it.

So, according to the source, it’s say this.:

The Sonic the Hedgehog 2 production has targeted a May start. That early summer window seems to be a prime time for upcoming productions. 

Didn’t the listing that had the working title Emerald Hill say that filming will start in March?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kitsuoi1/status/1330004097576013832

I guess they probably delayed the filming a bit due to possibly COVID or more time to assemble the cast and crew?

Anyway, I’m not surprised that Knuckles will be featured in the sequel. I expect him to be in it anyway. I guess there is a high chance we could also see Amy in the sequel?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

The Sonic the Hedgehog 2 production has targeted a May start. That early summer window seems to be a prime time for upcoming productions. 

Didn’t the listing that had the working title Emerald Hill say that filming will start in March?

I guess they probably delayed the filming a bit due to possibly COVID or more time to assemble the cast and crew?

Anyway, I’m not surprised that Knuckles will be featured in the sequel. I expect him to be in it anyway. I guess there is a high chance we could also see Amy in the sequel?

I dont think Amy should show up. Theres too much expectation behind including her. 

Also, production is technically different from shooting. It may be post production editing and such rather than the actual on set shooting. 

9 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Knuckles was obvious but good to see. We basically know what he'll look like too.

I thought of a way to introduce Amy Rose. She could be Tails friend or someone who needs saving and after Robotnik is beaten she views Sonic as her hero. At the end she could give him a big hug that makes Sonic feel embarrassed or awkward. That'd be cute.

I feel like people would want more of Amy if she did make an appearance, and itd be better for her to be spread to a third movie when things have more ground. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I don't think Amy should show up in the sequel.  They already have to establish the backstories for both Tails and Knuckles, so adding in Amy would complicate the movie even further.  Plus, it's possible that they might add in Metal Sonic or Shadow (whichever one they want to add) in the third movie, so they are probably reserving Amy for the third movie since she was introduced around the same time as Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they wait for a potential third movie for Amy that’s fine. It does make more sense. I’m assuming part 2 will mostly focus on Sonic/Tails vs Robotnik/Knuckles anyway.

I can definitely see Metal Sonic being the next cliffhanger/cameo. Something like after Robotnik is defeated he returns to his lab reveals Metal Sonic as a secret weapon and prepares to activate him.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I dont think Amy should show up. Theres too much expectation behind including her. 

Also, production is technically different from shooting. It may be post production editing and such rather than the actual on set shooting. 

I feel like people would want more of Amy if she did make an appearance, and itd be better for her to be spread to a third movie when things have more ground. 

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't think Amy should show up in the sequel.  They already have to establish the backstories for both Tails and Knuckles, so adding in Amy would complicate the movie even further.  Plus, it's possible that they might add in Metal Sonic or Shadow (whichever one they want to add) in the third movie, so they are probably reserving Amy for the third movie since she was introduced around the same time as Metal Sonic.

I guess you are right.  I'm fine if Amy show up in a potential third sequel.  I think there is a possible likely a high chance that we could see Metal Sonic in the sequel. 

3 hours ago, Wildcat said:

If they wait for a potential third movie for Amy that’s fine. It does make more sense. I’m assuming part 2 will mostly focus on Sonic/Tails vs Robotnik/Knuckles anyway.

I can definitely see Metal Sonic being the next cliffhanger/cameo. Something like after Robotnik is defeated he returns to his lab reveals Metal Sonic as a secret weapon and prepares to activate him.

I'm okay with Amy showing up in the third movie too.  With Knuckles and Tails getting development in the second film, that leaves Amy with enough development for herself.  I do wonder who the main antagonist of third film will be, if they get a third movie?

Not sure if this means anything, but this was months ago when the sequel was officially announced, one of the writers respond to a fan about Amy appearing in the sequel by posting a gif of Sonic giving a thumbs up.:

That’s interesting. She could probably fit as a cameo. It depends who Sonic and Tails meet up with when returning to their home planet. I would think they go back for something since Tails needs Sonic’s help.

I really think Metal Sonic would be the villain in a third movie. Robotnik has the quill to give one of his machines Sonic speed. It’d be weird if they didn’t use it for that.

Maybe Amy will show up as a cameo since only Knuckles has been confirmed to show up in the sequel.  Not to mention that it was months ago, so a lot may have changed between now and when the sequel was first announced.

I imagine a cameo. It would be like walking on ice with Amy. Too much appearance and shell distract from the story, and too little and she'll feel wasted. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I imagine a cameo. It would be like walking on ice with Amy. Too much appearance and shell distract from the story, and too little and she'll feel wasted. 

I agree with this.  Best to keep Amy as a cameo in this sequel then force her into the sequel, where she has to fight screen time with Knuckles and Tails.

On 12/22/2020 at 8:32 PM, CaptainRobo said:

I would love to see Samuel L Jackson give these movies serious acting cred.

Sounds like this is going to be one of those rare sequels that blow the original away! I’m pumped!

On 12/23/2020 at 1:49 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

What if Amy like shows up at the end and finds Sonic and then some phenomenal catastrophe happens in the background and they’re both left staring in shock at what’s happening and then the camera pans to what they’re looking at and shows us a hint of a new threat that leads into the third movie?

Just a thought lol

Speaking of rappers voicing animated Sonic characters, does anyone remember how a rapper named Riff Raff was supposedly going to do the voice of a character in the first movie? I'm pretty sure he tweeted about getting the role, but clearly he wasn't in the final film. What happened there?

12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Probably likely fake, but how would you feel if this guy voice Knuckles? I never hear about this guy before.

The Sonic Show is a parody podcast these days, so its most likely a joke. 

1 hour ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

The Sonic Show is a parody podcast these days, so its most likely a joke. 

Also, they probably would want someone who's a big name voicing Knuckles and I definitely don't see this happening.

On 12/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, CaptainRobo said:

I know He is being eyed to play a human character, but Samuel L. Jackson would make a great Knux, he has badass factor and the attitude that Knux is known for. :)