Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

Crush 40 themselves even said they'd like to be in the first movie back when it was in development. Perhaps they'll get their wish in the sequel.

But if we're getting a Crush 40 song in there, I'd honestly like it to be an original song composed just for the movie. Hearing a new song would feel way more special than something we could just make via overdubbing.

• Fist Bump 1

58 minutes ago, Domino said:

Crush 40 themselves even said they'd like to be in the first movie back when it was in development. Perhaps they'll get their wish in the sequel.

But if we're getting a Crush 40 song in there, I'd honestly like it to be an original song composed just for the movie. Hearing a new song would feel way more special than something we could just make via overdubbing.

I would love to have Crush 40 create a new song for the sequel!  It would be great to have a band that was involved with the music of Sonic in the past!

With #Crush40forSonic2 getting so much traction on Twitter that Johnny Gioeli himself supports it, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear some Crush 40 music in the sequel. But if that happens, I would prefer an original song, or at the very least a remix of Open Your Heart or Live & Learn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Piko said:

With #Crush40forSonic2 getting so much traction on Twitter that Johnny Gioeli himself supports it, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear some Crush 40 music in the sequel. But if that happens, I would prefer an original song, or at the very least a remix of Open Your Heart or Live & Learn.

Same here.  I call the Sonic Movie a new chapter for Sonic the Hedgehog, so having a new and original song from Crush 40 would be a great way to distinguish this movie from the games!

I hope Covid doesn't impact the filming and the release date.

Anyway, I know this is unrelated, the new Uncharted movie just got pushed back to next year. It will come out a few months before the Sonic movie sequel is out.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Anyway, I know this is unrelated, the new Uncharted movie just got pushed back to next year. It will come out a few months before the Sonic movie sequel is out.

Uncharted is gonna be very reliant on the live action stuff and heavy props. I dont doubt it would need more than Sonic in terms of big physical sets. 

Also will probably need more variety of locations if that's a thing. 

19 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I don't think this will impact the Sonic movie sequel as it will be coming out several months before the movie releases.

I really hope this virus will be gone by next year. Otherwise cinemas will never reopen and the Sonic movie sequel will end up being exclusive to Netflix! I used to have Netflix but I don't anymore! I really hope that doesn't happen! I really want to see this at the cinema! 

52 minutes ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I really hope this virus will be gone by next year. Otherwise cinemas will never reopen and the Sonic movie sequel will end up being exclusive to Netflix! I used to have Netflix but I don't anymore! I really hope that doesn't happen! I really want to see this at the cinema! 

We really wouldn't know what would happen to the movie (chances are they will just delay the movie until it can be shown in theaters). No need to really panic yet though.

That being said, I know I can't judge your financial situation or what country you are in, but if it really did come to Netflix (or some other service) you could always sign up for Netflix and pay for one month (then cancel) which is the often the cost of a movie ticket or a cheaper in many countries. I know you would still want the cinematic experience, but it probably wouldn't impact your ability to watch it. (These type of movies don't really release initially to Netflix though. Most films initially released on streaming services are own or have a deal with a studio)

But like I said, I think it is a little too early to react and make huge leaps. They know COVID won't be here forever, they know more and more people will hopefully be vaccinated in multiple countries by 2022, and they have ways to deal with releasing movies and maybe doing a theater release when things calm down. There might be delays but I don't think we are in "cinemas will never reopen" territory even if it may be awhile. I do imagine though that there will be an awkward period where people will still want to have a some more space and theaters won't be super packed. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't think this will impact the Sonic movie sequel as it will be coming out several months before the movie releases.

I know the Uncharted movie won't impact the movie. I mean that I hope Covid won't impact the filming and the release date.

18 hours ago, mitsunari8 said:

We really wouldn't know what would happen to the movie (chances are they will just delay the movie until it can be shown in theaters). No need to really panic yet though.

That being said, I know I can't judge your financial situation or what country you are in, but if it really did come to Netflix (or some other service) you could always sign up for Netflix and pay for one month (then cancel) which is the often the cost of a movie ticket or a cheaper in many countries. I know you would still want the cinematic experience, but it probably wouldn't impact your ability to watch it. (These type of movies don't really release initially to Netflix though. Most films initially released on streaming services are own or have a deal with a studio)

But like I said, I think it is a little too early to react and make huge leaps. They know COVID won't be here forever, they know more and more people will hopefully be vaccinated in multiple countries by 2022, and they have ways to deal with releasing movies and maybe doing a theater release when things calm down. There might be delays but I don't think we are in "cinemas will never reopen" territory even if it may be awhile. I do imagine though that there will be an awkward period where people will still want to have a some more space and theaters won't be super packed. 

I agree with this.  I don't see COVID lasting that much longer (if they are able to get the vaccine out on time).  However, the companies are just making preparations for this pandemic and we'll have to wait and see what the future of movie theaters will be after this pandemic passes by.

22 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I wish the same thing

Ok, so, I found this from Reddit. I'm not sure if this is true. Apparently, somebody claim that he will be working on the Sonic movie sequel and he post this picture.:

Spoiler

lzk3dzxupta61.png?width=1298&format=png&auto=webp&s=67ca4b024ab7749c2b4c6875774dd72bb94a9cf8

BTW, he made an mistake on the year on that picture. It supposed to say 2022 instead of 2021.  He noticed that when he was sketching and exporting it. 

This might be that one storyboard artist mentioned a few months back who deleted their message from Instagram and Twitter about how they were working on the movie. 

They say they aren't under NDA anymore about being part of the production, so it might be the same person. 

CBS-ALL-Access is being re-branded and expanded into Paramount+ in about a month or so, so that gives an obvious landing spot for the next Sonic movie if they decide to go for the dual release route. Still plenty of time to test the profitability of that set up with a few other movies before that decision needs to be made though.

I think it is important to see Paramount really bolster up an additional revenue stream. The company shouldn't be in any danger and should make it thorugh the pandemic just fine, but in the absence of the hundreds of millions of dollars they are used to raking in from big movies every few months, any extra cash and buzz they can generate should have a positive impact on the budget of any movies that are in the pipeline. Companies will need to re-assess where to spend their cash.

1 hour ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

This might be that one storyboard artist mentioned a few months back who deleted their message from Instagram and Twitter about how they were working on the movie. 

They say they aren't under NDA anymore about being part of the production, so it might be the same person. 

Hmm, interesting.
mhw3t5070w361.jpg

Looks kinda similar, however, they look a bit different.:

Spoiler

SonicMovie2FM.png

lzk3dzxupta61.png?width=1298&format=png&auto=webp&s=67ca4b024ab7749c2b4c6875774dd72bb94a9cf8

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ok, so, I found this from Reddit. I'm not sure if this is true. Apparently, somebody claim that he will be working on the Sonic movie sequel and he post this picture.:

Reveal hidden contents

BTW, he made an mistake on the year on that picture. It supposed to say 2022 instead of 2021.  He noticed that when he was sketching and exporting it. 

They mentioned that it hasn't been verified yet, so it's possible whoever this person is is waiting for Paramount's approval or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

So part of filming in Canada, and the other in Hawaii? Either there's a vacation plot, or they want the actors present for a potential Angel Island scene? 

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

According to Tika Sumpter, the Sonic movie sequel will be filming in Hawaii.:

Does this mean that Angel Island will be a major plot point of this movie?  I hope so!

Question: Do most films shoot in sequential order (that is shoot the parts of the film that come first then move on). I know for sure there are some films where the last scenes are shot first, or just done randomly. But as a general practice what is usual way to film a movie?

I am asking because that could mean maybe the film starts with them on vacation in Hawaii for example. It could also be Angel Island or any other zone that is somewhat tropical. Though I am not sure if Sonic's world will be mainly CG. From what I could tell in the first film, Sonic's world was not filmed at a specific location and was all CG. There are lot of possibilities. 

Edit: Also if this is for something in Sonic's world this could also easily be Emerald Hill Zone from Sonic 2 as well.

32 minutes ago, mitsunari8 said:

Question: Do most films shoot in sequential order (that is shoot the parts of the film that come first then move on). I know for sure there are some films where the last scenes are shot first, or just done randomly. But as a general practice what is usual way to film a movie?

I am asking because that could mean maybe the film starts with them on vacation in Hawaii for example. It could also be Angel Island or any other zone that is somewhat tropical. Though I am not sure if Sonic's world will be mainly CG. From what I could tell in the first film, Sonic's world was not filmed at a specific location and was all CG. There are lot of possibilities. 

Edit: Also if this is for something in Sonic's world this could also easily be Emerald Hill Zone from Sonic 2 as well.

I'm honestly not sure which scenes they are filming first.  I'm assuming that they will be filming in Vancouver first and then go to Hawaii since Vancouver is much closer in location.