22 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here are some Lunar New Year greeting animations.:

Knuckles look very cool!.:

Also, I wonder if we will be getting anything new from this event?:

I noticed they tweak Sonic's eyes a bit in that picture.:

Hide contents

FKhR6-cXwAM8KGt?format=jpg&name=large

FKhkoSsXEAUZmkU?format=jpg&name=900x900

Those animations look beautiful!  I especially love the Tails and Knuckles ones!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here are some Lunar New Year greeting animations.:

Knuckles look very cool!.:

Also, I wonder if we will be getting anything new from this event?:

I noticed they tweak Sonic's eyes a bit in that picture.:

Reveal hidden contents

FKhR6-cXwAM8KGt?format=jpg&name=large

FKhkoSsXEAUZmkU?format=jpg&name=900x900

Maybe it is me but it seems they also touched up the color a little bit. 

Ironically while Sonic looks great, I feel like Tails and Knuckles look so even better in official renders. With the first movie, some of the Sonic renders were so much better than others imo. They all looked good still mind you. Wonder if some of that has to do with the redesign. Also I noticed we haven't got a lot of posters yet this time around. 

As for the IGN event we know we got Q&A with cast. I am not sure if for example we might get a trailer by then (be it at the Super Bowl with a 30 sec spot teasing the full trailer or at the IGN event itself). At that point we will be basically a month away from the movie in certain territories though and is par for the course for when final trailers job (1-2 months before).

• Thumbs Up 2

The Sonic Movie books are now available to pre-order.:

Also, Tracy Yardley is working on the IDW Pre-Quill book. I did heard of him before. He was known for working on a lot of Sonic art.:

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

We got these cool Chinese new years posters with our first standalone render of Knuckles. It's really good. Honestly, this render is incredible.

This is so fucking good. We own our asses to Tyson, damnnnnnyum

• Thumbs Up 5

22 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

New full render of Knuckles.:

Wow!  All of these renders of Knuckles lately! I love it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Love the Doc Martens on Knuckles there. There's an opportunity for a limited edition print.

Also looking at the hammers in the background. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, and that Amy won't be in this.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Love the Doc Martens on Knuckles there. There's an opportunity for a limited edition print.

Also looking at the hammers in the background. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, and that Amy won't be in this.

Ooh, good eye. Maybe as a post-credits tease? 😉

10 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

New full render of Knuckles.:

I think I might be the only person that dislikes the render. The design itself is good and I liked the other poster, but there's something about the way he's posed that makes his body look odd.

43 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

I hate to keep bringing up the argument because it makes me seem like I hate Amy, but I don't think she could possibly work as a post-credits tease or as the main hook for a third movie. Tails worked because everyone knows and loves him. He's iconic and he fills out an important role as sidekick, tech genius, and younger brother. Amy doesn't have nearly as strong of an impact as the members of Team Sonic.

Her role as a fighter is already filled by Knuckles, who has no obligation to Angel Island to keep him away yet, her role as a friend of Sonic is already filled by Tails, and her role as the empathetic and less powerful character that gives us a view of the world as a normal person is already taken by Tom and Maddie.

Ironically, the reason that Amy isn't likely to appear is also the same reason she's used so much in the comics. Amy isn't tied to a story the same way other characters are. Knuckles is tied to his alliance with Eggman and role as guardian, Shadow is tied to GUN and The ARK, Blaze is tied to Eggman Nega and the Sol Dimension, etc, etc... This makes Amy easier to use for monthly stories set between the games, because she isn't complicated to use, but it means that she has little significance to offer the movies outside of movie-game parity.

If I had to choose, I would put the Perfect Chaos mural in the post-credits scene and maybe imply the creation of the E-100s at some point for a Gamma subplot, but lets be honest, it's going to be Shadow.

2 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I hate to keep bringing up the argument because it makes me seem like I hate Amy, but I don't think she could possibly work as a post-credits tease or as the main hook for a third movie. Tails worked because everyone knows and loves him. He's iconic and he fills out an important role as sidekick, tech genius, and younger brother. Amy doesn't have nearly as strong of an impact as the members of Team Sonic.

Her role as a fighter is already filled by Knuckles, who has no obligation to Angel Island to keep him away yet, her role as a friend of Sonic is already filled by Tails, and her role as the empathetic and less powerful character that gives us a view of the world as a normal person is already taken by Tom and Maddie.

Ironically, the reason that Amy isn't likely to appear is also the same reason she's used so much in the comics. Amy isn't tied to a story the same way other characters are. Knuckles is tied to his alliance with Eggman and role as guardian, Shadow is tied to GUN and The ARK, Blaze is tied to Eggman Nega and the Sol Dimension, etc, etc... This makes Amy easier to use for monthly stories set between the games, because she isn't complicated to use, but it means that she has little significance to offer the movies outside of movie-game parity.

If I had to choose, I would put the Perfect Chaos mural in the post-credits scene and maybe imply the creation of the E-100s at some point for a Gamma subplot, but lets be honest, it's going to be Shadow.

Yes, but you forget one Hollywood archetype she fits into perfectly: the "will they, won't they?" love interest. As much as I don't want her to be "Sonic's babe and nada mas," the mere existence of the SonAmy crew guarantees her inclusion. Question is: will they remember to make her the perky yet brutal fighter us fans know and love, or will she become yet another generic girlboss clone? Time will tell, but I have hope that they'll get her right.

7 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

4 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

I guess an post-credits scene is likely. They will probably save her for the next one. I guess they think adding Tails and Knuckles might be enough for now. They probably want more character development for them. The second one is probably based on Sonic 2 and Sonic 3. The 4th one will probably be based on Sonic CD which is the first appearances of Amy and Metal Sonic. The game is the last of the classic trilogy. I guess the movie crew want the franchise to be based on the classic trilogy. So, I think that might make sense why they choose this.

I remember one of the writers post this as an response to this tweet. I also remember he did like the idea of adding Amy in the movie. However, I can't seem to find it. He posted it like around 2020 when the sequel was officially announced.:

The movie lore is different and Sonic's personality in the movie is different than his game counterpart. So, they could probably change Amy's personality.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I guess an post-credits scene is likely. They will probably save her for the next one. I guess they think adding Tails and Knuckles might be enough for now. They probably want more character development for them. The second one is probably based on Sonic 2 and Sonic 3. The 4th one will probably be based on Sonic CD which is the first appearances of Amy and Metal Sonic. The game is the last of the classic trilogy. I guess the movie crew want the franchise to be based on the classic trilogy. So, I think that might make sense why they choose this.

I remember one of the writers post this as an response to this tweet. I also remember he did like the idea of adding Amy in the movie. However, I can't seem to find it. He posted it like around 2020 when the sequel was officially announced.:

The movie lore is different and Sonic's personality in the movie is different than his game counterpart. So, they could probably change Amy's personality.

I don't really see how the movies are based on the classic trilogy. They're introducing characters in the same order but that's just the natural progression, there isn't a better way to introduce them than by starting with Sonic and expanding outwards. Sonic meeting Tails and Knuckles working with Robotnik ware the only plot elements that are similar so far.

One of the Adventure games or something original would make far more sense than CD. Knuckles is already a rival and Robotnik has already matched Sonic's speed, so Metal wouldn't be particularly interesting aside from his design, and Amy would likely get criticism for her role as just the damsel in distress. If Knuckles and Sonic don't team up to fight Metal/Mecha Sonic in the Sonic 2 climax, he's probably not going to appear in the movies at all.

50 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

They could, but I just can't imagine what to do with her, much less how one could make the case that she's the best choice for a post credits scene. Considering the writers aren't even guaranteed a third movie, I feel like they'd want to have a really strong hook to end things off.

2 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

Yes, but you forget one Hollywood archetype she fits into perfectly: the "will they, won't they?" love interest. As much as I don't want her to be "Sonic's babe and nada mas," the mere existence of the SonAmy crew guarantees her inclusion.

It doesn't at all. I don't think movie audiences or the writers care about a romance between 14 year old cgi hedgehogs.

2 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

Question is: will they remember to make her the perky yet brutal fighter us fans know and love, or will she become yet another generic girlboss clone? Time will tell, but I have hope that they'll get her right.

I feel like Team Sonic already have most of what usually makes Amy stand out. I'm optimistic but I'm trying to look at the movies realistically. When every character they use takes up a chunk of the budget for modelling and animating, who they put in and leave out has to be chosen carefully. They don't have room for redundancy, and if things go poorly, any movie could be the last one, so they have to make the most of every opportunity they get.

If she does get in for Sonic 3 (or later), here's hoping they avoid her 2000s personality (at best, annoying chaser; at worst, bunny boiler). I'd be happy with her Boom or IDW characteristics. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/26/2022 at 2:35 PM, Dr Ryan said:

Maybe I missed the announcement but I see in the UK release date for Sonic 2 (on the Cineworld website specifically) is now April 1st. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? (Gotta make sure I book the right day off work.)

(Harry Potter prequel number 3 is out in the UK on April 8th so maybe they wanted to avoid the clash...?)

Just had a look. Odeon has it as the 1st also, IMDB has it as the 1st and this article published 1st Feb has it as the 1st. Guess I'd better change my day off work too.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't know why I'm on this tangent, but I'm actually pretty impressed at this movie for being able to give the main characters distinct, but realistic and recognizable shoes. It's cool how they adapted the familiar game shoes into something tangible looking.

It's one of those product placements I don't mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

I don't know why I'm on this tangent, but I'm actually pretty impressed at this movie for being able to give the main characters distinct, but realistic and recognizable shoes. It's cool how they adapted the familiar game shoes into something tangible looking.

It's one of those product placements I don't mind.

I'm really loving the shoes too! They really expressed who these characters are with Sonic having the cool looking puma shoes and Tails having those cute kid shoes with the laces!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just let anyone know that the April 28 date is for Malaysia. That is the reason why it's say April 28 instead of April 8 which is the US release date.:

SonicCNY.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just something worth sharing but according to Deadline, they seem to think/know that Sonic will be one of many things with a spot at the Super Bowl 

Paramount is looking to air spots for the Sandra Bullock-Channing Tatum-Brad Pitt movie The Lost City (March 25), which was just announced as a world premiere title at SXSW, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (April 8).

The article is a little strange. Some of the things in the article the journalist makes clear are just guesses but then for other things they state what they are hearing behind the scenes as an insider. The way the sentence is written above makes it sound certain that is the plan from Paramount. 

I wonder if it would be an abridged (new) trailer with the full version online or something akin to Sonic 1 as a promo.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Just something worth sharing but according to Deadline, they seem to think/know that Sonic will be one of many things with a spot at the Super Bowl 

The article is a little strange. Some of the things in the article the journalist makes clear are just guesses but then for other things they state what they are hearing behind the scenes as an insider. The way the sentence is written above makes it sound certain that is the plan from Paramount. 

I wonder if it would be an abridged (new) trailer with the full version online or something akin to Sonic 1 as a promo.

The Superbowl is an expensive spot. Too expensive for some abridged trailer. Its probably a new spot or some custom commercial. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

The Superbowl is an expensive spot. Too expensive for some abridged trailer. Its probably a new spot or some custom commercial. 

Makes sense! I know they charge per second so I wasn't sure if they go the 30 second trailer with a full one online still. 

But I agree it is much more likely we get something custom or a spot. Hopefully it is something fun like last time!

3 hours ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Uh, the hyperlink you posted just goes back to this page and not the article. Just thought you should know.

• Fist Bump 1

13 minutes ago, ehh123 said:

Uh, the hyperlink you posted just goes back to this page and not the article. Just thought you should know.

Thanks for that. Here is the proper link. I'll fix the original comment too.