Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

This is gonna be a really unpopular take...

But I don't understand the (ironic?) hype for Big the Cat. Do people actually like him, or is he just Sanic but official? Please tell me, I genuinely don't get it i'm so sorry.

2 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

But I don't understand the (ironic?) hype for Big the Cat. Do people actually like him, or is he just Sanic but official? Please tell me, I genuinely don't get it i'm so sorry.

So bad is good I think. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

He's the anti-Sonic. A big, slow, bumbling, dopey cat who just wants to laze around and fish. Some Big fandom is ironic, poking at the absurdity of a character like Big existing alongside all these cool superpowered action heroes, but I think that contrast also makes him a legitimately good character for the series to have. He's like a palate cleanser, you can't go all cool, all action, all the time without getting a little numb to it.

• Thumbs Up 7

13 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

He's the anti-Sonic. A big, slow, bumbling, dopey cat who just wants to laze around and fish. Some Big fandom is ironic, poking at the absurdity of a character like Big existing alongside all these cool superpowered action heroes, but I think that contrast also makes him a legitimately good character for the series to have. He's like a palate cleanser, you can't go all cool, all action, all the time without getting a little numb to it.

This

4 hours ago, Zadent said:

We get Big the Cat. That was today’s Reveal

So Prime is gonna be a cinematic masterpiece. Got it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can’t say I’m a fan of how they did his mouth, but overall I’m pleased with seeing Big back!

here’s some comparison shots regarding the mouth thing 

9C0C0800-8E49-4A3D-A18D-161E3FC9EBC6.png

995C5C6D-4BFC-4E9A-A450-21B20AF631D4.jpeg

597B7609-EEB9-4258-8F7D-842DBE205B73.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

I know right, Big the Cat in Sonic Prime is a huge news to me since I love that Character so Much and I hope that Sonic Prime will be a success and there might be more trailers for it and also I can not wait to see Sonic Prime.

Apparently, one of the voice actors who previously voiced Big is coming back to voice him again in the show. The last time that he had voiced him was Sonic Heroes which was released in the US in 2004. His voice was later used in the DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games which was released in 2009. He then came back to voice another Sonic character which was E-123 Omega in Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. He also voiced E-123 Omega in Sonic Heroes. He also voiced the announcer in Sonic Advance 3.

I thought all of the characters were going to be voiced by Canadians due to Canadian production laws?

Edit: He is not voicing Big. He said that he was the original voice actor of him. My apologies. I got a bit confused.:

...this show's still coming out this year, right? Because if SIXTY SECONDS is all they have to show after a whole year of working on this... I dunno, man. I want to be hyped here, but I feel like Netflix is desperately trying to hide something that they know will piss us off. Call me crazy, but I can't shake that feeling.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still think it might come out this year.  Don't know why they didn't show that much. 

This is what we got so far.:

Anyway, really like the animation. Looking forward to see more characters in it.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

...this show's still coming out this year, right? Because if SIXTY SECONDS is all they have to show after a whole year of working on this... I dunno, man. I want to be hyped here, but I feel like Netflix is desperately trying to hide something that they know will piss us off. Call me crazy, but I can't shake that feeling.

Nope, Netflix actually releases trailers 1 month prior release. Also I assume we are getting 8 episodes for season one out of the ordered 24.

• Thumbs Up 3

We don't even know when this will come out! I'm getting sick and tired of 10 second teasers! I need a proper trailer! All we've got is Sonic characters in Green Hill and that doesn't give me any indication that the show is about the multiverse! 

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

We don't even know when this will come out! I'm getting sick and tired of 10 second teasers! I need a proper trailer! All we've got is Sonic characters in Green Hill and that doesn't give me any indication that the show is about the multiverse! 

In all fairness, the animators have to work for months to produce even a minute or 5 minutes worth of content to show, let alone a trailer that has everything you typically find inside a trailer. Considering they want the series to be fluid and have smooth animations, they have to take their time and not rush out any and all scenes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Styx_Linoone said:

In all fairness, the animators have to work for months to produce even a minute or 5 minutes worth of content to show, let alone a trailer that has everything you typically find inside a trailer. Considering they want the series to be fluid and have smooth animations, they have to take their time and not rush out any and all scenes. 

Agree. I prefer it if the animators took their time with this series rather than rush it out.  I do wonder if they are still able to release this show in 2022.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/11/2022 at 5:53 AM, KingMario05 said:

This is normal for Netflix; they tend to be hush-hush about their projects until a few weeks before release, at which point they’ll start dropping trailers left, right and centre. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Piko said:

This is normal for Netflix; they tend to be hush-hush about their projects until a few weeks before release, at which point they’ll start dropping trailers left, right and centre. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

That certainly didn't stop them from making a teaser and full-on interview for Edgerunners (Although, that one was kind of billed as the big project to be shown that day, so there is that). 

• Thumbs Up 1

So... once again, I'll ask you gys what universes you wanna see in this. My answer is pasted below, but I'd love some more ideas!

Spoiler

Mainly because it's not like we have anything else to bloody well talk about in this thread, lol.

[A] 'verse where all Mobians (including Sonic) are kaijus would be cool... particularly if they're far, far bigger than usual. ;)

Outside of that... hmm. Maybe one that apes 90s spy fiction (GoldenEye, Mission: Impossible 1MGS PSX)? Parodying the 60s would be seen as Discount Austin Powers, and it'd be cool to revisit a style of the genre we don't really get anymore. (Just Kingsman, really.) A cape superhero 'verse would also be cool, provided it doesn't devolve into the "hurr durr Batman and Superman both suck lol" circlejerk and is done with a true sense of love towards the genre.

That ain't kinda of good? We are nothing getting massive spoilers and can enjoy the show if this is good.

I personally don't like when they throw massive parts of the show in trailers.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ART-DX said:

That ain't kinda of good? We are nothing getting massive spoilers and can enjoy the show if this is good.

I personally don't like when they throw massive parts of the show in trailers.

True. Now, what universes would you like to see?

1 minute ago, KingMario05 said:

True. Now, what universes would you like to see?

That's a good question dude. I didn't think a lot of it, but I would like some tribal universe or a medieval aesthetic. (Like a Manowar cover)

• Thumbs Up 1

This studio used to have an animation quota of 40 seconds a week per animator, wonder if that still holds true now. 

• Thumbs Up 2