Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

They did say that it's from the same writers of Generator Rex, although I guess we'll have to wait and see how this show comes out.

That was their best, right? Didn't really watch MoA stuff growing up.

10 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Really? Not even Ben 10?

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

Really? Not even Ben 10?

No. Was more of a PBS Kids guy growing up at the request of my folks. And even when I was allowed to watch "Da Good Shit," it was usually Disney Channel stuff like Phineas and Ferb or Gravity Falls. Gumball and Regular Show were the only CN shows I was really into.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

No. Was more of a PBS Kids guy growing up at the request of my folks. And even when I was allowed to watch "Da Good Shit," it was usually Disney Channel stuff like Phineas and Ferb or Gravity Falls. Gumball and Regular Show were the only CN shows I was really into.

Oof. You came very late by that point I believe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

Oof. You came very late by that point I believe. 

So I've assumed, lol.

Honestly, when I watch cartoons these days, it's usually full-on animated features. Hell, I barely watch any TV as it is, so I'm going into this with zero expectations. (Other than a badass hedgehog and his hopefully-just-as-badass fox boy.)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KingMario05 said:

I thought that early Ben 10 was pretty good and so was Ben 10: Alien Force.

• Thumbs Up 1

Q/4c

12 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I thought that early Ben 10 was pretty good and so was Ben 10: Alien Force.

The first Ben 10 and the reboot are the ones they were most involved with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, this guy's definitely growing on me.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 6/24/2022 at 3:59 PM, KingMario05 said:

They also created the original Big Hero 6 comic that the Disney film was based on. Dunno if it was any good or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Heh, this guy's definitely growing on me.

Growing on me too, my friend! Can't wait to see him in action! And I LOVE his Tails, too!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

So, apparently, the composers for Sonic Prime also worked on Mega Man: Fully Charged.

For those who have seen it, is the soundtrack to Mega Man: Fully Charged any good?

Perfectly serviceable but nothing noteworthy (most of these shows rarely have standout super memorable things). So chances are things will be on par with every other Sonic show.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't really think of any of the Sonic cartoons really having a memorable theme song, with only Sonic Satam and Sonic X being stand out examples.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I can't really think of any of the Sonic cartoons really having a memorable theme song, with only Sonic Satam and Sonic X being stand out examples.

Well I think Sonic Underground has a memorable theme song.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, SanPolo4389 said:

That article reads more like a press release than an "interview".

Also, It doesn't really tell us anything new at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

That article reads more like a press release than an "interview".

Also, It doesn't really tell us anything new at all.

Yeah, they may as well have thrown in a Vancouver tourism ad while they were at it. And while it's nice that Netflix isn't yanking WildBrain's cash from under them like with so many others... should we really be excited about something approved by the same folks who want EVERY SHOW THEY MAKE to be as bland as the goddamn Boss Baby? I dunno, guys... the lack of info's worrying me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Sonic Prime is coming out in 2022 at this rate. I also had a dream last night where we've actually gotten a Sonic Prime trailer that had Kitsume Tails and Cavegirl Amy appearing, the tone was comedic like Boom but Prime ended up getting delayed to March 9th 2024. Funny since 2024 is also when Sonic movie 3 is gonna come out. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I don't think Sonic Prime is coming out in 2022 at this rate.

Lack of promotion or concrete release date isn't a sign of delay, Netflix likes to drop a trailer and a date like a month before the thing drops.

• Thumbs Up 7

7 hours ago, TransPirate said:

Lack of promotion or concrete release date isn't a sign of delay, Netflix likes to drop a trailer and a date like a month before the thing drops.

Unfortunately, this is how it is with Netflix.  They always wait until the last second to drop trailers for their upcoming shows and movies.  Heck, we barely know anything about their movies until they just randomly drop them without really showing any trailers for them.

• Thumbs Up 5

30 minutes ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

So I just realized something.

San Diego Comic Con is going on right now, and Netflix will most likely be there.

Considering that it is one of the biggest conventions in the world, many major announcements are revealed at SDCC, and the fact there is an IDW Sonic panel going on, is it possible that we may get a trailer for Sonic Prime?

Sorry if I am coming off as a bit antsy, but I am desperate for news on the show.

I'm not sure. I didn't even know that Netflix has their own panel at SDCC.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

So we'll probably get a trailer in August. 

Do you have proof for your claim

We still should give out hope that a trailer might come out this month because it's now August.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

We still should give out hope that a trailer might come out this month because it's now August.

When is the show supposed to come out?

14 hours ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

We still don't know yet. My guess is Fall.

Also, I am just gonna say this about what I think of the animation in Prime, based on what we've seen so far:

I absolutely adore it. The CGI looks very expressive and vibrant. It puts Sonic Boom's animation to shame. Obviously, there are still some minor issues. Big's mouth kind of looks a little wonky. However, I can tell that the animators at WildBrain went above and beyond with trying to capture Sonic's world. Let's hope the show is good.

We're basing this off of the trailers we got right? The animation of the body and face look very well done. You are totally correct to say Sonic Boom pales in comparison to this. Lessons learnt and perfected over the years.

Though I don't know what it is watching these 3d models. I grew up with Sonic X and only recently watched some of Sonic Boom so the transition always felt jarring to me. Now looking at this feels more natural, but comparing it to different animation styles I am not sure... this is full 3D animated I think?

Maybe it's trying to look more like a game than a TV show... like I'm looking at a 4k makeover of Green Hill Zone from Sonic Adventure 2.

I watched Arcane and castlevanias animations too, but I suppose those look more like an anime rather than a 3D show.

Maybe it's just me.

• Thumbs Up 1