Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

53 minutes ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

True.

To be fair, this is WildBrain's largest production crew for a CGI animated show, so that says a lot.

I just looked up if they made some shows I grew up with, lo and behold a couple show up. Sure they're maybe not the same team, but at least I know they can make fun content.

Looking forward to it. Though I found the rule that it being a Canadian made show(?) meant they were forced to pick Canadian voice actors a bit arbitrary... but I suppose those are the rules of engagement.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never found them overrated, just thought the rule that Canadian show needs Canadian voice actor to be a bit... odd. I haven't gotten into any MLP or heard the English dub of Death Note, watch that Japanese dub with English subs. Although the DBZ one I didn't know was Canadian, that's straight awesome!

I did get the hypothesis that Tails will be voiced by one of the ladies that does a voice in MLP, but that's kind of a given since men/ young adult men can't really pitch Tails unless SEGA decides to bump up the supposed age a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Only the Saiyan and early Frieza sagas.

They did more than that...they went to the end.

Funimation's "taking over" only applied to the airing of the dub, you can find the rest of the Ocean dub online...

Or just in chunks on Youtube.

I don't know if you guys already know this, but there is a Netflix Tudum happening on September 24. Hopefully when this day comes, maybe we'll get a Sonic Prime trailer (hopefully) and maybe even a release date (which again, hopefully).

• Thumbs Up 6

Yep. If you type in "netflix tudum date announce" on YouTube, you'll see the date for Netflix Tudum to be happening. Pretty cool, huh?

15 hours ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

I don't know if you guys already know this, but there is a Netflix Tudum happening on September 24. Hopefully when this day comes, maybe we'll get a Sonic Prime trailer (hopefully) and maybe even a release date (which again, hopefully).

I'm still curious about when this show is supposed to premiere.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

You know, one voice actor I could see reprising his role from the games is Mike Pollock as Eggman.

I know he's not Canadian, but he has worked on Wildbrain projects before. Most notably, he voiced Caillou's dad in the Caillou reboot on Youtube.

The full cast has already been revealed, and while we don't know exactly who's voicing who, Mike Pollock wasn't there.

• My Emmerdoods 1

I am very sure it will be good. After all, I have enjoyed AOSTH, SATAM, Sonic Underground, Sonic X, and definitely Sonic Boom. So I know Sonic Prime will definitely be good.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Ya know, there is something I have contemplated recently.

Will Sonic Prime be good, or is it doomed to fail? I mean, the animation looks nice and expressive, and the VAs, even though they are not the same ones from the games, seem solid. But something tells me this could go horribly wrong. The story (which is apparently Sonic going on a journey of self-discovery by traveling through different universes) is kind of basic. Plus, Man of Action are showrunning it, and they can be hit or miss. On the one hand, you have shows like Ben 10 and Generator Rex, which are great. But on the other hand, you have shows like Ultimate Spider-Man and Mega Man: Fully Charged, which are very bad. I am worried that Sonic Prime will suffer that same fate. What do you guys think?

I think it's a bit too early to tell.  Even though they have shown us some trailers for the show, we still don't have a good idea of how this show will turn out.  Best to wait until the show officially comes out before we decide if the show is good or bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

I just have my doubts.

That's alright!  I will admit that I do have some concerns about the show.  But, I just wanted to wait until the show releases before I say if the show is good or not.  But that's just me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

My thoughts exactly. Also, I made this little Sonic Prime related meme that explains my frustration with Netflix's poor marketing of it:

6pvvjq.jpg.3347d3ebfc651311db38bcc617207a78.jpg

Yeah, that's always been a problem with Netflix.  They always wait until the last second to show anything for their shows and they are doing the same thing with Sonic Prime.

• Thumbs Up 2

It looks like Sonic Prime will be releasing in December according to a Japanese interview. However this will mean that we won't be getting any new information until November. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, I guess that tweet from Netflix about the release date being October 1, 2022 was fake after all. Especially because that tweet was deleted.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2022 at 1:19 PM, The Great Egg Emperor said:

I wonder who it would be.

From the cast list, I have narrowed it down to two options: Brian Drummond or Adam Narada.

Vincent Tong and Ian Hanlin seem a little too young for the role, and the only other male VAs listed (besides Deven) are Brian and Adam.

My guess is that Brian Drummond will voice Eggman, which would be quite interesting to say the least.

I've been trying to roll thru finding some of the different VA's prior roles to see which ranges they had been most know. But for some reason, I keep seeing Brian Dummond for Shadow if anyone. But it could be just bias due to being most familiar with his roles as Jack Cisco and Zechs Merquise a lot. But those are both really old roles that he did, and thus considering the other ranges it isn't impossible for him to pick up Eggman. I just have yet to find a prior role so far that really hits that spot for me.

But like....none of the other mentioned voice actors tho really have had much for roles that i know of, so trying to find samples of what they have worked on is a bit harder to get a judge on what they did to get a good idea of a possible character they could be.

Also a part of me could see Ashleigh Ball end up doing Tails' voice if he ever appears.

5 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

It looks like Sonic Prime will be releasing in December according to a Japanese interview. However this will mean that we won't be getting any new information until November. 

Is it just for the Japanese release or is it for the global release?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

...December? Ah Jesus, that means we're getting nothing until Thanksgiving at least, isn't it? :(

Well, whichever day in November it will be, we'll find out when more time passes in 2 or 3 months.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Look, I just need something, anything to tide me over until Prime releases.

I can't keep going on like this. We've only gotten clips, yet I want a full trailer. And with Cuphead Season 1B done, I need a trailer now more than ever.

Please Netflix and Wildbrain, give us something.

Hopefully they will give us something in the next few months.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alot of Netflix shows don't get anything until within a month of release. Sometimes even less than that. Since we don't know the release date, we are just wandering in the dark.

The only thing I can say is, there is a possibility that episodes will come out in batches. That would make for some fun binge watching when the time finally comes.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Alot of Netflix shows don't get anything until within a month of release. Sometimes even less than that. Since we don't know the release date, we are just wandering in the dark.

The only thing I can say is, there is a possibility that episodes will come out in batches. That would make for some fun binge watching when the time finally comes.

So that means that it's possible that we might see some episodes before the official release date?

• Thumbs Up 1