Awoo.

TRANSFORMERS!

Tiller

Well, Season 2 still turned out fine so I don't see a reason to worry other then possibly a stale plot concept. 

I'd argue against that actually. The sheer number of relic hunts made most of season 2 quite boring plotwise, even if the character interaction was good.

I'd argue against that actually. The sheer number of relic hunts made most of season 2 quite boring plotwise, even if the character interaction was good.

The character interaction did kinda carry the season but it still turned out fine. 

My main problems with Season 2 were that it

killed off a ton of great villains and wasted a metric fuckton of potential just to pursue further into the Iacon relics, if anything when you look back to say, Beast Wars or Animated, the MacGuffins have always taken a back seat to the characters,

and Season 2 of Transformers Prime really lacked this.

• Thumbs Up 1

yea, Hardshell was especially egregious; dude was built up as the ultimate badass, yet only lasted two episodes. A fucking rip. I really hope this season puts more focus on the bots than the macguffins.

I'm suddenly reminded how Magy had a hammer in Animated. Possible nod?

Also it seems Wheeljack is sticking with the team, which is cool because Jacky is cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hasn't Ultra Magnus always had a hammer?

Nah, he usually just has those shoulderpad missile launcher things, and a BFG here and there. The Hammer is purely from Animated.

And if the Animated, RID and BH figures are anything to go by, it already seems to have become one of his defining traits, hahaha!

Edited by Second-Rate Starscream

New episode today, right?

Yep, but we Brits have to wait until 3am at best to find a YT upload.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

I'll just watch it in the morning. No point in staying up, it could be a bad episode.

Well, it *is* another relic hunt episode...

...but it'll most likely be the first time we see the Predacon army. Hope Abominus and the Terrorcons are in it...

...since Hasbro seem to be catering to the Cyberverse crowd more than anything I wouldn't be surprised, but I like Cyberverse so I'm good.

Should I buy those little figures? They look like they'll break easily.

The only thing that you need to take caution about with these Cyberverse figures is the terrible translucent weapons, they snap like hell.

But if you want a good figure of the likes of Bulkhead, Megatron or Dreadwing, the Cyberverse line is your best bet. And they're cheap. And they can scale with Generations Metroplex. And they're the only way you'll be able to get a Breakdown or Skyquake.

See where I'm coming from here? :P

That reminds me, in my Toys R Us, they had the inverted colours Bumblebee, from Season 3 of Prime, even though it hasn't aired here yet.

That reminds me, in my Toys R Us, they had the inverted colours Bumblebee, from Season 3 of Prime, even though it hasn't aired here yet.

It's just a generic swapped colors Bumblebee, we've been getting these for the best part of six years. I still got it though out of completionism. :P

NEW OPENING NEW OPENING AHHHH

Do you guys ever traverse TFW2005 forums? A guy called Darkprime uploads his own encodes of the episodes for download. It always goes up there first so it's worth checking out.

Edited by Quacku
  • Thumbs Up 2

That sure was an episode, yup.

...and a pretty great one. Turns out Ultra Magnus IS the leader of the Wreckers as the source material implied, but he's still a stiff bore who's getting pretty tired of Wheeljack's shit as normal. I get the feeling that Wheeljack is gonna start a Team Prime civil war of some kind, he still continues to piss Ratchet and Ultra Magnus off quite a lot. Also, Shockwave was inches from killing Bumblebee, didn't expect that. Kinda interesting how characters like Arcee and Knockout seem to have had reduced roles as of late.

Uncle Maggie's vehicle mode, in a *bizarre* twist, looks a lot more like First Edition Prime than either Magnus we've had so far. Not this again...

• Thumbs Up 2

That's really bugged me, not so much Arcee but Knockout. Arcee at least appeared in the last two episodes, Knockout wasn't even mentioned.

Yo...I wonder Megatron just doesn't use Shockwave and Soundwave for every mission, they're by far his most competent minions.

At least Knockout is getting a starring role in an upcoming episode where he tries to overthrow Megatron, apparently... although it's alongside Starscream, and it wouldn't be the first time he took the spotlight off another character.

Megatron's decision to have Starscream do every mission for him so he can keep Shockwave close by is a bit stupid to me, though, so stupid that it'll probably become a plot point soon. Shockwave is a lot more competent than 'Screamer even if he is up against Beefimus Prime.

...Starscream is gonna out Knockout to Megatron isn't he...and Megatron is gonna off him.

No wonder they didn't update the opening until now. It would have been spoilerific.

Anyway thoughts on the episode:

Pros

Soundwave

Soundwave taking down Optimus

Soundwave being awesome in general

Character interaction was pretty good. I like UM and Jacky's rivalry as well as Smoke's and Bumblebee discussion. I actually respect BB a bit more now.

Optimus's new form is actually pretty cool. It doesn't look as bulky as I thought it would.

Shockwave is a BADMF. Nuff said.

That part when OP shot a hole through an insecticon. If only all blaster shots were that cool.

Fight scenes were top notch IMO. I like how the vehicon vs AB shootouts aren't just endless run and gun and that there was some actual creativity.

This relic hunt actually didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would.

DeceptiCons:

Soundwave running. It looks quite freakish.

Lack of Arcee or Knockout. I hope this doesn't mean that the latter will be killed off.

Three name drops in a single minute?

Predacon backstory was a bit forced.

Great episode overall. I'd give a 9. BH is really a step up from S2 so far.

So, I watched the episode this morning and I thought it was good. I like Optimus' new design, but it doesn't fit with the other ones, which is a shame because it is a good design.

So, I watched the episode this morning and I thought it was good. I like Optimus' new design, but it doesn't fit with the other ones, which is a shame because it is a good design.

Yeah, I agree. Characters like Soundwave and Starscream look worlds apart next to Optimus Prime now. Even characters like Bulkhead, Megatron and Ultra Magnus who all follow a pretty consistent aesthetic just look... different next to Blocktimus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I agree. Characters like Soundwave and Starscream look worlds apart next to Optimus Prime now. Even characters like Bulkhead, Megatron and Ultra Magnus who all follow a pretty consistent aesthetic just look... different next to Blocktimus.

He looks like a Megablock version.