Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

I only did that in Crystal, when it was a new thing.

I've just grown so used to imaging my trainer shouting commands in some kind of anime dub teenage male kinda voice. Heh.

Edited by gunthetra

Spiritomb is OU.... what are you talking about?

As is Milotic... Umbreon and Blaziken are BL. What are you guys talking about with all of this UU stuff? :\

Where did you get that tier list from? According to the one I'm looking at all of those are UU.

Where did you get that tier list from? According to the one I'm looking at all of those are UU.

They all change all the time, based on decissions, new stratergies and new game versions, of course. Must be looking at an older tier list.

Pokemon used to be great. I loved Red and Yellow, Crystal and Gold, heck.. even Ruby and Emerald, Firered :) but Diamond... well I have it, and I got to like Elite 4, but I just didn't have fun with it, and I don't know this new pokemons. I would like to see Pokemon Yellow for DS. To do like they did with LG/FR, or Crystal. I just don't know this new pokemon -_-.

Edited by Rave92

Rave you're not alone. I have played through Diamond and my team consists of the original 151 and I know some of the second generation pokémon but I have absolutely NO idea about these new ones when I see them I am like "oooh... who is that" not that I care they are still fun games and it's more of a challenge when you have no idea what is what and who is who because it's just a big learning of "oh so that is a steel pokémon" etc.

I am intending on getting Platinum once I complete Diamond again (which shouldn't be too long away really).

I used to do that a lot. (Pick the female trainer, I mean.)

Heck, I always did that in Ruby! Now I'd only do it for placeholder files, so I could get all the starters.

But when it comes to Platinum and Giratina...

Screw those figurines! The game by itself's ALREADY awesome.

OKAY FINE, I do admit Giratina's figurine DOES look a little gar, that's for sure.

I've written a fanfic that takes place post-Platinum, and Cyrus actually DOES capture the Legendary trio for the usage of power. If you've heard of Kamen Rider Coronet, that's practically it.

Platinum for me is THE TRUE Generation IV game, that isn't a remake. You actually get to capture ALL 3 FUCKING Legendaries. Graphics and plot stepped up, due to the Torn World/Distortion World seeming like a hellish path. Took me days to get through it. Damn that R4's SD Card, screwed up my games and I had to format them.

Speaking of GSDS, do you believe in remakes?

Edited by RR-sama!

They all change all the time, based on decissions, new stratergies and new game versions, of course. Must be looking at an older tier list.

Is there a link to somewhere where I can see this updated tier list and the strategies that make Blaziken, Milotic and Umbreon BL?

Also I'd like to see a G/S/C remake for the DS. That way I can see why everyone praises it so much (I've never actually played it)

I wanna see a G/S/C remake... Most people don't have Lugia or Ho-oh so it makes a better chance of people getting them more. And I miss Crystal too much.... Crystal>>>>>>May & Dawn btw...

Oh... What do you guys think of this team? I'm too lazy to post movesets...

Feraligatr:Lv.69

Leftovers

Charizard: Lv.100

Scope Lens

Tyrannitar: Lv.74 (?)

Can't remember...

Kingdra: Lv:100

NevermeltIce

Weavile: Lv:70

Silver Powder

Mismaginus: Lv:60

Spirit Tag

I'm still training most of them... But I might change Tyrannitar since he might be banned...

Speaking of GSDS, do you believe in remakes?

Damn it all. I just typed up a fucking huge block of text as to why I believe they're remaking Gen 2 and Firefox crashed and deleted it all. I don't feel like rewriting it so I'll just list the major reasons.

- If you tap the touchscreen to scroll through battle text in Diamond and Pearl the touchscreen flashes gold, if you do it in Platinum it flashes silver.

- The Poke Ball on the floor of Pokemon Centers is gold and silver like the GS Ball.

- The Gen 2 Gym Leader Jasmine makes an appearance in Gen 4.

- The story in Diamond and Pearl is actually kicked off by a report referring to the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage from Gen 2.

- There's also the parallel in the visit to Sinnoh from Professor Oak in Gen 4, since he visited Johto in Gen 2.

If they remake Gen 2 I'm definitely preordering as soon as it's announced.

Edited by Cipher

Is there a link to somewhere where I can see this updated tier list and the strategies that make Blaziken, Milotic and Umbreon BL?

Also I'd like to see a G/S/C remake for the DS. That way I can see why everyone praises it so much (I've never actually played it)

Mostly the site Smogon, where tiers and stratergies are updated constantly for competative purposes. I usually look it up for the odd move set or two.

Mostly the site Smogon, where tiers and stratergies are updated constantly for competative purposes. I usually look it up for the odd move set or two.

The thing is Smogon lists Blaziken, Milotic, Umbreon and Spiritomb as UU and not what Strong Bad says theye listed as.

I don't understand this "I don't know the new pok�mon" complaint. That's one of the points of the new games, to learn and get to know the new pok�mon, that's why they're being given to you throughout the game. Unless of course you're lazy and/or stuck in nostalgia avenue with the first half of the first season of the anime.

This man needs a medal. I seriously couldn't agree with this statement more.

I'm just lazy.

The only generation of Pokemon that I didn't particularly care for was Gen3. Throughout the game (all three times I've played through Emerald), I've had a very unexciting roster of creatures, even though I looked up Bulbapedia to see what I could balance out my team with. There are of course some Pokemon that I like in Gen3, but overall it's my least favorite of all the ones that have been revealed over the years - there aren't very many that I could consider my favorites.

I think Gen2 Pokemon are the most interesting, even though I haven't properly played G/S/C yet.

Edited by Jake

The only generation of Pokemon that I didn't particularly care for was Gen3. Throughout the game (all three times I've played through Emerald), I've had a very unexciting roster of creatures, even though I looked up Bulbapedia to see what I could balance out my team with. There are of course some Pokemon that I like in Gen3, but overall it's my least favorite of all the ones that have been revealed over the years - there aren't very many that I could consider my favorites.

It might be because youre trying to make a balanced team that you get a boring roster of creatures. I do admit that alot of the R/S/E Pokemon werent very good there were some good ones, the starters and thier evos were well designed and the legendaries were quite well designed as well. There were a few others as well that are well designed as well. What I find strange is that I'm unlike alot of fans because most of my favourite Pokemon are from the 3rd/4th Generation instead of the 1st/2nd Generation.

Yeah, that's the thing, isn't it! In Pokemon games, I always do my best to try and create a balanced team. I did a splendid job doing this in LeafGreen while still having a team full of Pokemon I love, but in Emerald, I only had, err... only one Pokemon on my team that I actually liked (not counting my starter)? Not to mention the whole different version issue (I still think having different versions of the games is dumb), so even the very few Pokemon I found interesting, such as Zangoose, weren't even available in Emerald, which I didn't learn until much later into the game. Argh.

Of course, Treeko and Torchic (and their evolutions) are awesome, though.

Yeah, that's the thing, isn't it! In Pokemon games, I always do my best to try and create a balanced team. I did a splendid job doing this in LeafGreen while still having a team full of Pokemon I love, but in Emerald, I only had, err... only one Pokemon on my team that I actually liked (not counting my starter)? Not to mention the whole different version issue (I still think having different versions of the games is dumb), so even the very few Pokemon I found interesting, such as Zangoose, weren't even available in Emerald, which I didn't learn until much later into the game. Argh.

Of course, Treeko and Torchic (and their evolutions) are awesome, though.

Yeah, in R/B/G/Y/G/S/C/FR/LG you can at least make a rounded team of likeable Pokemon but in Hoen there are only about one or 2 likeable Pokemon of each type (IMO, though I do like the reigon). Sinnoh improves on this though.

EDIT:Also...

I'm still training most of them... But I might change Tyrannitar since he might be banned...

Tyranitar shouldn't be banned unless its a tournament which only allows the uses of UU Pokemon since its in the OU tier (It would probably be an uber though if it werent for its bad base speed)

Edited by Blaziken

Got my copy of Platinum yesterday and played it for about 2 and a half hours, <3. And I gotta say that it's very awesome already, <3.

I haven't played through Diamond and Pearl since they came out, so it's like a fresh new adventure, ^_^. I noticed some of the differently planned plot stuffs that are fun, especially the new detective character that goes by the Looker if I remember correctly, =3.

Other than that, I decided to go with a set of Pokemon that I normally don't use to just throw a new curve to the game like Psyduck, Machop, and others. I can't wait until I get to the point where I can find a shiny Poocheyna, <3.

-Blur

Smogon's tiers are somewhat misleading. A Pokemon is either Uber, OU, or UU. Which.... doesn't make any sense.

Smogon's tiers are somewhat misleading. A Pokemon is either Uber, OU, or UU. Which.... doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I appreciate the metagame classification but it really needs a serious rework of the tier names. Since the tiers are really more about the power of the Pokemon rather than how often they're used like the current tiers imply, maybe something like-- OP- Overpowered, S- Standard, UP- Underpowered, with the truly over-the-top stuff in OP, the OU tier becoming S and UU becoming UP. This would ditch the BL and NU tiers entirely since at least as of D/P they're empty. It would also ditch the NFE tier as it really isn't needed and instead simply classify NFE Pokemon into the new system.

I don't understand this "I don't know the new pok�mon" complaint. That's one of the points of the new games, to learn and get to know the new pok�mon, that's why they're being given to you throughout the game. Unless of course you're lazy and/or stuck in nostalgia avenue with the first half of the first season of the anime.

Most of us probably don't even watch Pokemon anime... I tried to watch 3 episodes of D/P. But Ruby and Emerald, I didn't watch the show, but still kind of get to know Pokemons, maybe it will same happen if I play Diamond more, and maybe start Platinum.

I'm just lazy.

I think Gen2 Pokemon are the most interesting, even though I haven't properly played G/S/C yet.

Blaziken

Salamence

Breloom

Metagross

Milotic

Swampert

Crobat

Flygon

Gardevoir

Medicham

Ludicolo

Ninjask

Slaking

Zangoose

Regice

Regirock

Sceptile

take your pick

Cipher: I believe that having 2 tiers of legal Pokemon is ridiculous. Why not separate them into 5 tiers, and have BL & NU? So many media require larger methods of classification, rather than "OU" and "UU." I don't even care about the names, as everyone knows that they're actually classified by how useful the Pokemon are, anyway.

I always loved those original Pokémon games. When I was in primary school I started playing Red and Blue and a little later I started Yellow. I don't even know how much time and effort I put in building a great team. So good times. Also loved the Silver, Gold and Crystal games. The remakes were also pretty good and I'm currently working on my Leaf Green once again. I also used to have the Diamond version on my DS but had to sell all of my games and the DS, too. I put a heck of effort to make my greatest team ever in a Pokemon game. I might be getting a DS Lite again soon and also the Platinum version, which I'm currently playing on Ds emulator. I should be all ashamed of selling all of my DS stuff, I had almost 20 games. I miss my Pokemon and Castlevanias. :(

Blaziken

Salamence

Breloom

Metagross

Milotic

Swampert

Crobat

Flygon

Gardevoir

Medicham

Ludicolo

Ninjask

Slaking

Zangoose

Regice

Regirock

Sceptile

take your pick

So thats the BL tier. Wow, there are some there which I'm quite surprised to see, also theres some which I'm surprised arent there. What Pokemon are in the NU tier then?