Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Can't seem to get this chaining thing perfectly. Most I can get is 10, and an average of 6. The more I try it out, the less hassle it should be if I get used to it.

That, and seeing how there's more training and evolving Pokemon to go thru, I just pop 'em in the daycare centre, and lots of chaining and shiny hunting might guarantee me Pokemon leveled up by 20.

I've always wondered whether the odds for shinies were more common in the 2nd Gen games, because (ignoring the Gyarados breeding exploit) I actually have seen quite a few in Gold, and my brother caught a couple in Crystal.

I've always wondered whether the odds for shinies were more common in the 2nd Gen games, because (ignoring the Gyarados breeding exploit) I actually have seen quite a few in Gold, and my brother caught a couple in Crystal.

My guess is its still the 1 in 8,192 chance however if youre breeding shinies the offsping have a higher chance of being shiny than normal

Also for anyone whos interested in competing in a Pokemon tournament click here. It gives details abot the Pokemon Video games 2009 tournament. I wont be entering though since you have to use Level 50s to be able to join meaning that mose Pokemon wont know thier best moves yet.

Edited by Blaziken

No dice for me joining that tornament. Would require a plane ticket, for one. Though I'm sure I might beat one or two non-competative players there, but the chances of going to the top doesn't sound likely.

Now I wonder if there'll be some new event over here in the UK, since the Darkrai event in Woolworths (never did attend) and the 10th Anniversay Tour. Lots of rare Pokes I got there. Too bad the votes on who gets downloaded were half rubbish. I'd rather get Mew, Celebi, Jirachi or Deoxys downloaded instead of Charizard or Pikachu, to name a few. (But I already got those from other trades, and with the Emerald clone glitch, lots of good trade bargains)

Speaking of shiny Pokemon, I've been searching my ass of for a stupid shiny Poocheyna, XD. I swear, it seems like shiny Pokemon come up more often when you aren't looking for them opposed to when you do try searching for them, ^^".

I'm excited that Platinum is close to being out though, <3. I've been meaning to play Diamond over again, but this works much better. Hopefully I can get that shiny Poocheyna before the game comes out so I can include it in my team, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. I guess I could always do some online trading, but catching it for yourself feels more rewarding in a lame ass way, XD.

-Blur

Blarg! Can someone give me a good moveset for Exeggecute? I wanna make my shiny one pretty strong...

Oh... I haven't gotten TRU's Regigigas but I got the Darkrai and Gamestop's Deyoxs but that's all... They're pretty ok..

Blarg! Can someone give me a good moveset for Exeggecute? I wanna make my shiny one pretty strong...

Oh... I haven't gotten TRU's Regigigas but I got the Darkrai and Gamestop's Deyoxs but that's all... They're pretty ok..

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/exeggutor

As for Regigigas, IMO he should have a different ability. Slow Start makes him so useless. :C

Speaking of shiny Pokemon, I've been searching my ass of for a stupid shiny Poocheyna, XD. I swear, it seems like shiny Pokemon come up more often when you aren't looking for them opposed to when you do try searching for them, ^^".

This is a general rule for all RPGs that deal with random encounter formulas. Games have special chips that analyze the emotion of the player, effectively ruining his life upon detecting a burning sense of determination.

I actually have seen quite a few in Gold, and my brother caught a couple in Crystal.

What's that? In Pokemon Gold? Actually, I was by the conclusion on how there was no random encounters of shiny pokemon in Gold. There is a shiny Gyarados in every game, and I believe one of the other trainers has a shiny Butterfly, but that's it. Are you sure you're talking about Pokemon Gold? =o

What's that? In Pokemon Gold? Actually, I was by the conclusion on how there was no random encounters of shiny pokemon in Gold. There is a shiny Gyarados in every game, and I believe one of the other trainers has a shiny Butterfly, but that's it. Are you sure you're talking about Pokemon Gold? =o

The shiny thing started in GS.

Hm. Don't recall a trainer with a shiny Buterfree. Of course it has been years since I played it.

Edited by gunthetra

Ruby and Emerald are on the GBA along with the Leaf Green, yush?

True, but...

Then it should be, as it would be like asking if you can catch shinies in Pearl, as you can in Diamond.

Actually, my reasoning was based off of the fact that LG and FR are remakes of the original R and B, in which there were no shinies, so...

Now I know, tho. XD

The shiny chance is so rare though that many won't ever see a shiny this way, no matter how many years they play the game. I had encountered two shinies this way though, after only six months. I am sometimes lucky like that. ^_^

I'm jealous. <_<

I've had LeafGreen since it came out, and I've played it for about 130 hours in all. I don't know if that's more than a lot of people or a lot less, but in all that time, I still haven't found a shiny. The rarest thing I've been able to find and capture was the Suicune that runs around Kanto after the Elite Four has been taken down.

This is a general rule for all RPGs that deal with random encounter formulas. Games have special chips that analyze the emotion of the player, effectively ruining his life upon detecting a burning sense of determination.

Balls, D=<. I just need to act like I don't want it, 8D.

I forgot to mention, I'm sure everyone has had this happen to them, but how many times have one of you searched hours on end in a bush, trying to find that one shiny that you've been looking for, but a different Pokemon that can be found in that bush comes up shiny? I swear, I'm going to be mega pissed if a shiny Wurple or something pops up, XD. I guess it's better than no shiny at all, but still, that's just torture, D=.

-Blur

No dice for me joining that tornament. Would require a plane ticket, for one. Though I'm sure I might beat one or two non-competative players there, but the chances of going to the top doesn't sound likely.

Now I wonder if there'll be some new event over here in the UK,

Actually there are places in Europe where this is taking place. I think its mentioned on the 3rd page of the link that I sent.

I forgot to mention, I'm sure everyone has had this happen to them, but how many times have one of you searched hours on end in a bush, trying to find that one shiny that you've been looking for, but a different Pokemon that can be found in that bush comes up shiny? I swear, I'm going to be mega pissed if a shiny Wurple or something pops up, XD. I guess it's better than no shiny at all, but still, that's just torture, D=.

-Blur

Yes but not in a bush as such. Once I was trying to get a shiny Torchic using soft resetting, I then left the room and my younger brother started playing, he picked Mudkip and when I came bakc I saw that it was shiny.

Yes but not in a bush as such. Once I was trying to get a shiny Torchic using soft resetting, I then left the room and my younger brother started playing, he picked Mudkip and when I came bakc I saw that it was shiny.

That must suck since you wanted a shiny Torchic.

Well, Diz can give some good advice on catching shinies. He talked me through a chain of Shinx last night, and after 40 (top 3 chains at that point: 40, 10, 6, lol) and a total of 20 Super Repels, I caught Magnificat. 10 more S. Repels and 3 3 judicious additions to the chain later, I caugt a second shiny Shinx, which I named Dizney ;) . Then I put my male Jiggly in front to try to catch a female shinx and 4 normal females and 30 MORE Repels later . . . I tripped over a Kricketune I hadn't seen rustle. <_<

Today I've kept running into Stunkys, which both break my chain and Aftermath my lead poke, but I have 40 Ponyta as I type, and am hopeful to catch a blue-maned Ponyta soon. Thanks for the help, Diz, and now you're a Lion King!

And anyone who fusses at having to go to a toy store with all the kids for a special event, try being a 37-year-old woman trying to talk her parents into driving her to a toy store for a pokemon event. I got appendicitis Sunday night, and can't drive for 2 weeks, and had originally planned to drive the hour to the closest TRU today. Fortunately my folks are used to me, so we're going to go tomorrow.

Edit: Got my Cobalt, and a Selena as well. I'll evolve her to Rapidash. Pity that the evolved form turns grey instead of blue, but Selena can refer to the moon as well as selenium (selenium has a blue flame test). Now have 2 chains of 48.

Edited by Thrippa

That must suck since you wanted a shiny Torchic.

Yeah, I didnt keep the Mudkip though. I kept trying and...well I am still actually trying and I'm actually trying to get it now as I'm typing this

Well, Diz can give some good advice on catching shinies. He talked me through a chain of Shinx last night, and after 40 (top 3 chains at that point: 40, 10, 6, lol) and a total of 20 Super Repels, I caught Magnificat. 10 more S. Repels and 3 3 judicious additions to the chain later, I caugt a second shiny Shinx, which I named Dizney ;) . Then I put my male Jiggly in front to try to catch a female shinx and 4 normal females and 30 MORE Repels later . . . I tripped over a Kricketune I hadn't seen rustle. <_<

Today I've kept running into Stunkys, which both break my chain and Aftermath my lead poke, but I have 40 Ponyta as I type, and am hopeful to catch a blue-maned Ponyta soon. Thanks for the help, Diz, and now you're a Lion King!

And anyone who fusses at having to go to a toy store with all the kids for a special event, try being a 37-year-old woman trying to talk her parents into driving her to a toy store for a pokemon event. I got appendicitis Sunday night, and can't drive for 2 weeks, and had originally planned to drive the hour to the closest TRU today. Fortunately my folks are used to me, so we're going to go tomorrow.

Edit: Got my Cobalt, and a Selena as well. I'll evolve her to Rapidash. Pity that the evolved form turns grey instead of blue, but Selena can refer to the moon as well as selenium (selenium has a blue flame test). Now have 2 chains of 48.

Wow, =D. I don' get the whole chain thing very well, but I'll see if Diz can explain it to me on MSN soon, ^_^. Diz reminds me of the trainers you come across that go by the name of "Pokemaniac" or something similar, XD.

Damn Pokemon, D=<. The most addictive video game drug evar, X_x.

-Blur

Has anyone read the Pokemon Adventures manga? If not, DO IT. It's the best pokemon adaption period, and if you say otherwise, YOU ARE WRONG, good sir. XD

Seriously though, the manga is epicly awesome.

Has anyone read the Pokemon Adventures manga? If not, DO IT. It's the best pokemon adaption period, and if you say otherwise, YOU ARE WRONG, good sir. XD

I read a bit of it (I mostly read summaries, though, I really should read it more). I like it, very awesome. If only there were an anime adaptation.

To further prove that Adventures/Special truly stands out from other adaptations, take a look at something you wouldn't find in the anime:

1231993671648.jpg

Edited by gunthetra

^That poor Arbok! It just wanted to be loved...

I remember that series and it's pretty good... It makes the anime look super terribly bad....

Anywho... I caught a lv.17 Seviper in Emerald and I got it lv.32 in an hour or 2... I hardcore sometimes...

Oh yes. Quite simply, it defies description. You really have to see it to understand...

bestway.png

...wait what.

Hahaha, that one always cracks me up. XD And Sapphire/May is even cuter with those fangs!

On the other hand, Ruby can be equally weird...

rubypage1.png

rubypage2.png

He's a contest junkie, so... Yeah. The entire cast has their odd parts, really, but they can be awesome as well... Gold uses a goddamn pool cue to launch pokeballs, Crystal can catch pokemon by kicking the balls with fantastic accuracy, Yellow is a girl without more than half the main cast knowing it, and so on...

Edited by Soma Cruz

I think I remember reading some of those, but way early in the series back in Cerulean city...And was that Arbok just cut in half? Holy shit.

To be honest, that's the most violent moment besides Koga making his Golbat use leech life on Koga himself...

And three people getting killed in the final battle of the 4th gen arc. Not very bloodily, though.

But really, the manga is very well characterised, extremely well-written, and goddamit, they've made Giovanni a total badass. In fact, Satoshi Tajiri has gone on record saying "This is the comic that most resembles the world I was trying to convey."

Agreed on the notion that Pokemon Special's one of the better Pokemon related media. I'd think it's so mainly cos it doesn't cater heavily towards children, unlike other comics (maybe except that popular one with girls in skin tight and revealing clothing and are... too grown up...) and cartoons. And the art style's pretty slick, too, depending which one of two artists is drawing it, of course.