Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Similarly, though, Spiritomb has no weaknesses, and it's stats aren't lowered to balance this out.

I figure the balance is that Spiritomb's so damn ugly they figured the player would be too embarrassed to have it on their team. :lol:

But Dark type is also not very effective against more types of Pokemon. As in, many Pokemon are not affected much by Dark type Pokemon. Normal can do more damage, assuming it's not ghost or psychic.

But as I've said earlier it makes up for this by actually being able to have a super-effective hit against something.

Similarly, though, Spiritomb has no weaknesses, and it's stats aren't lowered to balance this out.

The balance is that it has abysmal base speed and base HP

Spiritomb still isn't overpowered. He doesn't do much damage and the no weakness thing really isn't that good.

Spiritomb still isn't overpowered. He doesn't do much damage and the no weakness thing really isn't that good.

Which is why he's used more so for defences purposes, as he's got better defences than attack strength. And with no weaknesses, he could take on most attacks and live for a bit longer.

Which is why he's used more so for defences purposes, as he's got better defences than attack strength. And with no weaknesses, he could take on most attacks and live for a bit longer.

Yeah but he could still be taken down in one hit if the Pokemon against it has a high enough attack/special attack.

Yeah but he could still be taken down in one hit if the Pokemon against it has a high enough attack/special attack.

Maybe. Unless you play your cards right, with whatever move you've set up for Spiritomb, that might otherwise weaken the opponent or do something as bad.

FUCK YEAH!!!! My Target got Pokemon Platinum! Gonna get my Giratina Origin Forme Statue and the game after church.

Unless Spiritomb has high enough defense/special defense.

Unless Spiritomb has high enough defense/special defense.

Yeah, but if something had high enough attack/special attack then it could take it down in one hit. Also its low HP means that it cant take many hits.

If you raised its HP with HP-ups, and gave it enough stat-raising items (calcium, zinc, iron, etc.), it would be a force to be reckoned with.

If you raised its HP with HP-ups, and gave it enough stat-raising items (calcium, zinc, iron, etc.), it would be a force to be reckoned with.

I suppose but it would still be let down by its low speed and I think you can only give the Pokemon 25 of those at the most and vitamins usually raise the stat by about 10-20 so that wont make much of a difference. If you EV'd it though it MIGHT be able to survive more than 2 or 3 hits but I doubt it.

Well, it depends on the type you're up against. Psychic/Ghost types won't stand a chance.

That might not be true depending on what moves the spiritomb knows or if it knows any attackive moves at all.

We're talking EV-trained Pokemon, so that stuff wouldn't matter. Spiritomb doesn't have much HP, regardless of his defenses a Tryanitar or Salamence would be able to kill it in at most 2 attacks. Which is why Spiritomb should be used as more of a status-inflicter, if I recall correctly.

We're talking EV-trained Pokemon, so that stuff wouldn't matter. Spiritomb doesn't have much HP, regardless of his defenses a Tryanitar or Salamence would be able to kill it in at most 2 attacks. Which is why Spiritomb should be used as more of a status-inflicter, if I recall correctly.

Dont forget Garchomp.

Also it is mostly used as a status inflicter if its used at all since most competetive trainers will completely ignore the UU tier.

Dont forget Garchomp.

Also it is mostly used as a status inflicter if its used at all since most competetive trainers will completely ignore the UU tier.

Not me! I mix between Underused and Overused Pokes (Never bothered with Ubers as much). Which is why I wanna train a Bibarel, of all Pokemon, just to see if I can use him to beat at least one Competetive Pokemon. Hahaha!

Not me! I mix between Underused and Overused Pokes (Never bothered with Ubers as much). Which is why I wanna train a Bibarel, of all Pokemon, just to see if I can use him to beat at least one Competetive Pokemon. Hahaha!

Same here, in fact 5 of my competetive Pokemon are UU. They are Blaziken, Seviper, Milotic, Arbok and Umbreon. I also use Lucario

Platinum is a really good game. All Pokemon fans should pick it up.

Also, Shaymins new sprite is super kawii!

Dont forget Garchomp.

Garchomp is Uber.

Spiritomb is OU.... what are you talking about?

As is Milotic... Umbreon and Blaziken are BL. What are you guys talking about with all of this UU stuff? :\

Picked up Platinum today along with the Giratina Figurine. :P Haven't gotten around to playing it, yet, but it looks pretty cool.

I got another shiny Stunky on a chain of 5, but it's a male one... This is taking forever to get a female one and chain that wont break before 40.

Better News: I finally got my IQ max on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Blue).

Got Platinum earlier today. The Giratina figure is tiny, but still really detailed and awesome. Very nice. The game itself surprised me with more changes than I expected, although they're mostly aesthetic. It's a much better upgrade of DP than Emerald was of RS, so that's good. I can't be bothered to list every detail, but in short, it's worth buying.

Also really happy that I caught a shiny Zubat in it already :D

Just got back from EB Games with my copy of Pokemon Platinum. Played a couple of hours on the way back home and I really like the changes in the graphics, the beginning goes a bit more smoothly too.

The Giratina figure's nice but I wish it was a little bigger. It still looks cool, though.

I'd say so far that it's the best third game in a set, dethroning Crystal as my previous favorite and Crystal was fantastic.

Edited by Cipher

Got Platinum. The store won't be getting the figurines until later in the week, which sucks, but eh, at least I finally have the game. <3

Took me like forever to decide on my starter and gender (Mhm. I kinda wanted to be a chick for a change). I eventually settled with a male trainer and a Turtwig so my rival would get a decent team after the main story is done. I like the challenge.

I currently have two badges. So far, there are just a few small differences, but this is the beginning of the game and all. Can't wait until I advance further.

Still deciding on what my E4 team will be. So many new options.

Was thinking something like...

Torterra

Starraptor/Togekiss

Houndoom/Raichu

Magnazone/Umbreon/Gardevoir

Alakazam/Porygon Z/Lucario

Machamp?

Edited by gunthetra

Took me like forever to decide on my starter and gender (Mhm. I kinda wanted to be a chick for a change).

I used to do that a lot. (Pick the female trainer, I mean.)