Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Do you guys have any tips for catching Mesprit in Diamond? I've been chasing it around for hours and I have it's HP as low as I can get it without knocking it out but it keeps escaping my Ultra Balls and making me chase it down again.

This

Use a Wobbuffet/a Pokemon with Mean Look/Block and hunt it at night, use Dusk Balls.

also make sure you give it a False Swipe from a Weavile or something.

@SSBA1: Not everybody have a master ball and it's really rare to get one unless game sharked.

Speaking of game shark... Does anyone here ever bothered with one?

@SSBA1: Not everybody have a master ball and it's really rare to get one unless game sharked.

Speaking of game shark... Does anyone here ever bothered with one?

You get one in the game. Only one, but still one nonetheless. You can catch Dialga with an Ultra Ball as well as all the other legendaries, but Mesprit is a pain. Its speed was higher than my pokemon's and it ran away before I could use Mean Look or Lock >_<

You get one in the game. Only one, but still one nonetheless. You can catch Dialga with an Ultra Ball as well as all the other legendaries, but Mesprit is a pain. Its speed was higher than my pokemon's and it ran away before I could use Mean Look or Lock >_<

You can get a Master Ball in the lottery (which I did happen to get one on my birthday btw) which is what I used for Cresslia. I used it on Cressy because I wanted to. Mespirit is ok for a pokemon though. I'm not sure what fast pokemon you can get at it's level with good speed but you'll never know.

Edit: Give a crobat a quick claw... Maybe that would help...

Edited by Zombie Wei

Mesprit and Cresselia are both annoying fleeing bastards so you've still got to endure through another with normal balls if you use Master Ball on Mesprit.

I caught the bugger with ultra balls and paralysis after weakening it to red, nothing fancier really. Ended up lucking out and it didn't take that many catch attempts. Cresselia I just master balled.

And what do you mean it's rare to get a master ball in the game, you end up picking it up as the story advances. Yeah there's only one unless you start doing the lottery but still, you always end up with at least one.

Edited by Flint

I forgot Cresselia fled as well. Wasn't it event-only though? I can't remember how to get it...

Or just catch them at night time using a Dusk Ball. Works tons better than the Ultra Ball, either I'm very lucky, or it just took me 2 or 3 tries with a Dusk Ball to catch 'em both.

I forgot Cresselia fled as well. Wasn't it event-only though? I can't remember how to get it...

No, it's not an event pokémon. After getting the NatDex, go to the sailor dude who sailed you to Iron Island and he'll take you to Cresselia's island where you can startle her for some epic chasing action.

Also, Quick Balls do the trick after you've managed to reduce the bugger's health to red and done all the necessary statfuckeries etc.

Edited by Flint

Dusk ball and quick balls work the best, unless you can transfer over Cloned or won Master Balls through the Pal Park or something.

No, it's not an event pokémon. After getting the NatDex, go to the sailor dude who sailed you to Iron Island and he'll take you to Cresselia's island where you can startle her for some epic chasing action.

Also, Quick Balls do the trick after you've managed to reduce the bugger's health to red and done all the necessary statfuckeries etc.

Oh yeah! Ok, then hm...maybe I'll transfer my Master Ball from Fire Red...

You can win Master Balls through the lottery, but still are rare. Though I ended up getting a second master ball from one save on the Pearl version I have (which I intend to start over from the beginning eventually) and used it on Cressalia.

Also, as I'm so hard core (or try to be), I caught Dialga with a Poke Ball. In at least the 3rd turn!!! Dialga and Palkia are the easiest Legendries to capture with little effort, I kid you not. Many people done so before.

I caught Mewtwo and Ho-Oh with Pokéballs back in the day, mainly because I'd run out of Great Balls and Ultra Balls! :P

You can win Master Balls through the lottery, but still are rare. Though I ended up getting a second master ball from one save on the Pearl version I have (which I intend to start over from the beginning eventually) and used it on Cressalia.

Also, as I'm so hard core (or try to be), I caught Dialga with a Poke Ball. In at least the 3rd turn!!! Dialga and Palkia are the easiest Legendries to capture with little effort, I kid you not. Many people done so before.

Their non-damaged catch rate is 30%, which is pretty damn high for a Legendary.

Mesprit has a maximum of 110 Speed in the Wild... you shouldn't have any troubles out running him. Like half of the fully evolved forms of Pokemon outrun it at an equal level, just make sure you're a good 5-10 Speed points ahead and use Mean Look.

then False Swipe

then Thunder Wave/Hypnosis

then throw Dusk Balls.

For Cresselia, it's the same thing. Except it has at max 115 Speed.

They're actually more likely to have around 95-100 Speed, but bring a 120+ Speed Pokemon with Mean Look/Block to be sure. Not difficult at all. I recommend Gengar, Crobat, Mismagius, or Froslass (can learn Block through breeding). Crobat and Gengar are the easiest and best choices. Crobat is fastest however it could take time to evolve a Golbat so Gengar is pretty good, too.

Oh yeah, and about the Gameshark stuff... I don't think a Game Shark exists for the DS. There's an Action Replay, though! If you had an AR it'd be pretty pointless to hack Master Balls, though, because you could PokéSav any Pokémon you wanted into your game.

I never used a GameShark... and I got a Jirachi without cheating!

But I got the Jirachi by trading with a friend... and HE cheated. Not me.

I'm sure everyone will care when you use a hacking device on a children's adventure game.

not.

I just hate it when people complain about "cheating," as if it affects them...

I know, the whole "hacking" thing is pretty damn stupid. I used the Pokemon Calculator cheat to catch the damn Legendaries Nintendo has never had massive give-aways for. At least they'll be Mystery Gifting the event items for Shaymin, Darkrai, and Acreus...eventually...

I just hate it when people complain about "cheating," as if it affects them...

This, the only way that cheating can affect someone is if you cheated to get a Pokemon with extremely high stats (As in higher than they should be) to win some kind of tournament

I know, the whole "hacking" thing is pretty damn stupid. I used the Pokemon Calculator cheat to catch the damn Legendaries Nintendo has never had massive give-aways for. At least they'll be Mystery Gifting the event items for Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus...eventually...

Fixed, also how do you get the mystery gift exactly, I've been told that it was something to do with the TV producer but I'm still unsure.

I think cheating's lame because as far as I'm concerned they're wasting the game (and that rhymes so it must be true)

As soon as I realised that cheating for boasting rights was one of the lamest things ever, I started enjoying Pokémon games much more.

So far I've managed to persuade a good amount of people that cheating is wrong. The way I see it, they'll thank me for it later, and I get to have another argument, so it's a win win for me ;)

I might want to use an action reply just to get shinies. I would rather train them myself then cheat shats. That wouldn't be much fun...

And cheated stats means you really suck at pokemon...

Edited by Zombie Wei

Many of my competitive battlers were Pokesav'd by friends. They have no major hax stat changes to them, they're just sav'd bacause I was too lazy to EV train at the time and/or couldn't possibly obtain that Pokemon with decent IVs and a good nature.

They're the same as any other Pokemon, they were just born a different way (lol Mewtwo Strikes Back).

I still do breed and EV train and all of that, mostly because I don't own an R4 (and AR won't work), and don't want to bug my friends each time I want something. XP

As for other hacking business, I also did hack some items in Diamond just to make training and preparing for battles easier. EV training can be kinda fun, but I ain't gonna spend like 100 hours at the slots just to get one TM. :P I did hack the Pokedex so it'd have all data on all the Pokemon. Won't do that in Platinum. I wanna see how much mine can get filled up.

Edited by gunthetra

I only pokésav when I want my team to consist of pokémon you cannot get almost immediately. For example I love to pick the fire starter pokémon but I prefer Growlithe for my fire so I will sav over my fire starter to make a Growlithe <3 Generally that is all I do though I like to get everything myself.

I think cheating's lame because as far as I'm concerned they're wasting the game (and that rhymes so it must be true)

As soon as I realised that cheating for boasting rights was one of the lamest things ever, I started enjoying Pokémon games much more.

So far I've managed to persuade a good amount of people that cheating is wrong. The way I see it, they'll thank me for it later, and I get to have another argument, so it's a win win for me ;)

You're right, enjoying the game through any other means than is readily available from purchasing the game is wasting it. I guess using a controller to play a console game is wasting it, too!!

There's really nothing to boast about in Pokémon... true pros come in, win, and then leave silently and gracefully, rather than bragging about shit without even battling someone.

Oh God, a religious missionary! RUN EVERYONE

This, the only way that cheating can affect someone is if you cheated to get a Pokemon with extremely high stats (As in higher than they should be) to win some kind of tournament

Fixed, also how do you get the mystery gift exactly, I've been told that it was something to do with the TV producer but I'm still unsure.

I think you say to him "EVERYONE HAPPY WI-FI CONNECTION". It's something like that, maybe "Everybody".

I think cheating can take the fun out the game since the work you put into raising your pokemon basically the gameplay. If you get everything instantly you're not going to be playing the game much, are ya? That being said.....well if you own a game I don't think there are any rules to how you can enjoy and play it, so if cheating for pokemon is your thing then go for it. If you're hacking a competitive battling team as long as you don't hack them to be better then what it would be possible to raise your pokemon to be it seems fine. I myself do get attached to my pokemon and find it fun raising them so I think I will keep cheating in my game to a minimum.

Also Platinum is pure Awesome!

I personally find the main game of most Pokémon games monotonous and boring, so playing through each generation once and then PokéSav'ing some competitive teams so I don't have to waste time IV/move/nature breeding. It takes way too much time, time I'd rather spend improving on other games I can make money through tournaments on >_>