Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

About the looks of starter Pokemon, I actually don't like the looks of any of the Pokemon in D/P/P. None of them really click with me well, =/. When I played through Diamond, I choose the fire Pokemon, and when I started Platinum, I choose the grass one for tits and giggles. These Pokemon just don't seem as thought out as the others. I loved all of the 1st generation starters and always have a hard time choosing which one I want, I can't get enough of the Totodile and especially Cyndaquil, and Treeko is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time (Torchic is cool too, =3). Then there is the 4 generation where do me, all the starters look boring, -_-. Oh well, that's just me I guess.

Oh, and does anyone else think that eventually every first generation Pokemon will have evolved forms, XD? It seems like every new generation the magically find out that one of these Pokemon can actually evolve if you do a certain thing, ^^. Watch, in the 5th generation Pinser will turn into a super killing machine, Aerodactyl will have babies, Marowak can evolve if you give it the new skull stone at approximately 3 pm, and OH SHIT Charizard has a 4th evolution?!? OK, I doubt the 4th evolution, but it seems like each game gets a little more complex with their evolutions. Not that I'm complaining, since it adds some good fun to getting something you want, it's just something I've noticed, as I'm sure everyone else has too, ^_^.

Maybe this is why Pokemon is so damn addicting, D=.

-Blur

Oh, and does anyone else think that eventually every first generation Pokemon will have evolved forms, XD? It seems like every new generation the magically find out that one of these Pokemon can actually evolve if you do a certain thing, ^^. Watch, in the 5th generation Pinser will turn into a super killing machine, Aerodactyl will have babies, Marowak can evolve if you give it the new skull stone at approximately 3 pm, and OH SHIT Charizard has a 4th evolution?!? OK, I doubt the 4th evolution, but it seems like each game gets a little more complex with their evolutions. Not that I'm complaining, since it adds some good fun to getting something you want, it's just something I've noticed, as I'm sure everyone else has too, ^_^.

-Blur

I guess that would mostly apply to whoever's not that good. Pikachu only got one pre-evolved form for new moves, and learnt more moves and gained special attributes from it's unique hold item, Light Ball, to make him better to play with. You'd barely see people playing with Electabuzz, Gligar and whoever else that much, but with a new evolution, pretty much a lot of people are using them. So it's almost doubtful that some Pokemon like Aerodactyl or whoever will gain more forms, since otherwise they're good to play with, but I wouldn't know about that.

New Evolution and Moves = Better Stratergy and Stats with said Pokemon.

@Flint: I don't exactly view a view Kb of data on a DS cart to be a "friend," but w/e. Most of my team was chosen based on both utility and how much I liked the Pokémon (For example, Gengar has been on my team every game since R/B/Y. He's also OU, so he benefits my team quite well). I personally like Infernape because he's awesome looking, and the two other starters look ugly. >.> It also just so happens that the other two starters are nearly useless in actual battle, so it's a win-win.

With 493 Pokémon, it shouldn't be difficult to find 6 Pokémon that you like that don't suck.

@Flint: I don't exactly view a view Kb of data on a DS cart to be a "friend," but w/e.

Neither do I IRL, but it's called immersion.

I'm pretty surprised that a baby form of Kangaskhan hasn't popped up in the past three generations.

I totally forgot about that, O_o. That is kinda funny now that I think about it, XD. You'd think it would have popped up in the 2nd generation, =/. Oh well, maybe when the 5th gen comes out.

Speaking of the 5th generation, does anyone have any predictions when it will come out? It seems like it wouldn't be that far away considering the 4th generation is now wrapped up with Platinum with everybody now. Maybe late next year? Or do you think that they'll still make some more games before moving on *like a full 3D adventure on Wii with all Pokemon obtainable without outside connection drools, then doubts.*

-Blur

If I guess right, a 5th Generation will be out when the next handheld is revealed. Cos every handheld has it's own generation of Pokemon, and there hasn't been any "new" Pokemon creatures revealed just yet. So whatever comes after the DSi is when the 5th Gen will arise.

If I guess right, a 5th Generation will be out when the next handheld is revealed. Cos every handheld has it's own generation of Pokemon, and there hasn't been any "new" Pokemon creatures revealed just yet. So whatever comes after the DSi is when the 5th Gen will arise.

Maybe there'll be a remake of GSC for the DS(i). Just like the GBA had RSE for its games, but also had remakes of RBY in the forms of LeafGreen and FireRed.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

Fucker, I just got a Riolu and Houndour a couple of days ago so now I have to spend all this time training again. At least it's going fairly quickly, I somehow got Riolu to Lucario and to level 38 in only a day or so, and the Houndour started at level 23 so it's already Houndoom and it's growing at a steady rate. It SUCKED when I got a Gible near the end of the game in Pearl, though, since those damn things take forever to raise.

(Luckily, Platinum has Gible available much earlier in the game.)

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Maybe there'll be a remake of GSC for the DS(i). Just like the GBA had RSE for its games, but also had remakes of RBY in the forms of LeafGreen and FireRed.

The problem is that before the 1st gen remakes, some pokémon were completely inaccessible for those who want to catch them all in the 3rd gen (and therefore the fourth gen). That issue isn't there anymore so having those remakes isn't as likely.

I'd love to have them though. Sure, second gen's always been my least favourite in its current form but I'd love a remake nonetheless.

I'm kind of laughing right now because my team is mostly female, it's never happened to me before. It's generally been an even distribution. Though, as far as I can remember, gender no longer has an effect on stats like it did in Gold and Silver, and Females are actually rather beneficial for breeding, since the child will be the same Pokemon as the mother.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

In other news, I bought myself Pokemon Collosium and Leaf Green (a US version, I believe) from a Gamestation store for £8 roughly. Good price, no? (But sadly, I've no Gamecube to connect my GBA games to the GC game)

You don't need a Gamecube; the connecting cable can link a GBA to the Wii. That's how I shifted everything between my GBA and GC games. Unfortunately, it does require a GBA and cable; it can't be done between a Wii and DS dirrectly.

Hey guys! I got a new Lugia at Lv. 70! Should I put a macho brace on it or should I do something else with?

I really don't know.

Do you guys have any tips for catching Mesprit in Diamond? I've been chasing it around for hours and I have it's HP as low as I can get it without knocking it out but it keeps escaping my Ultra Balls and making me chase it down again.

Edited by Cipher

I missed a lot... Personally my favourite gen is... the 2nd overall. Funnily enough, 3 or 4 of my favourite Pokémon come from 3rd gen (RSE) but it's generally my least favourite gen. Weird huh? Infact my favourite 3 Pokémon are from RSE. As for my most hated Pokémon, it's from DPPt, and I also really hate Oddish who you all know and love (or hate).

My favourite game though is probably RSE, it would easily be DPPt but I haven't liked that as much since I lost my data xD Hopefully Platinum will change things. Really can't wait to get it.

Oh, that reminds me *checks Serebii for April Fools stuff*

So almost done with Platinum's main story. Just got Volkner and the E4, then it's legendary pogey monster catching, frontier brain-smashing, and compettive training and battling. Looking forward to getting into wifi battling again. <3 I might start doing uber battles and double battles.

@Wei: Is it untouched? Nature?

@Cipher: Quick Balls? Use a pokemon with one of those trapping abilities?

Edited by gunthetra

So almost done with Platinum's main story. Just got Volkner and the E4, then it's legendary pogey monster catching, frontier brain-smashing, and compettive training and battling. Looking forward to getting into wifi battling again. <3 I might start doing uber battles and double battles.

@Wei: Is it untouched? Nature?

@Cipher: Quick Balls? Use a pokemon with one of those trapping abilities?

It's untouched other than having fly and earthquake. And it has a calm nature.

I am a very big Pokemon fan. Loved it as a kid, went through a phase where I hated it mainly because I wanted to be "cool" and now I love it again.

Do you guys have any tips for catching Mesprit in Diamond? I've been chasing it around for hours and I have it's HP as low as I can get it without knocking it out but it keeps escaping my Ultra Balls and making me chase it down again.

I don't have Diamond, but I had the same problem in LeafGreen with Suicune. So I raised my Golbat to a high level, and then used its move "Mean Look" to keep it in battle. Once I had weakened Suicune enough, I sent Wobbuffet out. Since he has a whole lot of HP, and his ability traps the other Pokemon in battle, I just let him wait while I used the balls on Suicune.

Use a Wobbuffet/a Pokemon with Mean Look/Block and hunt it at night, use Dusk Balls.

also make sure you give it a False Swipe from a Weavile or something.

Use your Master Ball on that bastard. I still haven't caught him. I hate chasing him cuz he moves too much so next time I play through Diamond I'm saving my Master Ball =/